We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Aquastar Deepstar Service Problems

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Aquastar Deepstar Service Problems

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I was part of the 2nd pre-order batch for the Deep Star. I ordered in mid-October.

I received my watch on 12/22/20 (Actually delivered on Friday 12/18 but I was out of town until 12/22)

On 12/24/20 I contacted Aquastar about a problem I was having with the crown action on the watch. At this point I had only taken it out of the box to try it on. I was told that it was normal and nothing to worry about because it was due to the higher quality construction methods on the Deepstar. I really didn’t touch the watch during the weekend.

Monday 12/28 I contacted Aquastar again and told them the rotor now also had an issue. This time they agreed with me that it needed to be sent back to them. At their request due to the holiday, they asked that I defer sending the watch until 1/6/2021. At this time, I expressed my concern over both issues. I was again told the crown action was normal and different than other watches like a Sports Car is different than a Toyota Camry. (I've owned well over 100 dive watches in the past 10 years up to and including a GS Diver all the way down to a $75 Aliexpress Bliger diver and never had the problem on any other watch). I had some difficulty creating the service ticket but that was sorted on 1/4/21.

On 1/7/21 I expressed my disappointment in waiting 2 months to get a watch that i was able to use for 3 days before having to ship the watch back for up to 12 weeks (per their website) to have it repaired. I asked that the watch simply be replaced because it was essentially delivered in a faulty condition.

I Shipped the watch on 1/8/21 and sent tracking in to Aquastar.

1/8/21 Aquastar responded to my email on 1/7/21 and indicated "We would usually send a replacement under normal circumstances, but due to the fact that this is a pre-order model and is sold out until March 2021 and don’t have any pieces for replacement, although it is not necessary, it will be much quicker and easier to replace the movement entirely and send the watch back to you ASAP."

Later that month in January I connected with their Chat service on the website to enquire about the status of my service ticket (The online ticket portal is not updated often). I was told about significant delays due to covid. At this time, I brought up the issue that it would be completely unacceptable to me if it ends up that Batch 3 customers received new watches before I received mine back. I was ensured that would not happen.

In Early February I contacted them through the chat feature and enquired about the status of my service ticket. They acknowledged receipt of the watch and told me more about Covid delays.

Today 2/22/21 since I have now confirmed that 3rd batch customers are now having shipments sent out I contacted them again through the chat Service to express my disappointment that they didn't follow through with what they said they would do. The Service ticket portal is still in the status that acknowledges receipt of the watch but has no started working on it. I was told that someone from the "HEAD OFFICE" would contact me via email, as of 5PM my time I have not had any contact. I understand I probably could have given them more time to respond before posting this but its been 45 days since my watch was shipped off.

Needless to say, I am frustrated and disappointed. They have $2800 of my money and I don't have a properly functioning watch. The realities of Covid are significant but if production and distribution for new watches can occur, I believe that an existing customer's problems should be addressed as the highest priority. I was willing to wait and give them the chance to make things right. That is why I waited till today to post this info publicly once I was able to confirm that 3rd batches were shipping. These watches are great in terms of looks and history but if you can’t depend on the brand to stand behind their product when there is a problem then its worthless. At this point what I want is to have my watch replaced with one of the latest production run or refund my money and I will go on my way.

I will update this post as I receive resolution to my issue. I have tried to lay out the facts a clearly as I can without a lot of hyperbole. I don't blame Aquastar for the defect, because that can happen to the best of companies. I do fault them for the way the post sales service has been handled to date. I know some of you will throw shade my way for this post but in over a decade of buying watches online I have never made a post like this. I am more than willing to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt but I don't think I am getting their best effort yet and felt this was my last resort.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Aquastar Deepstar Service Problems

Post by tommy_boy »

Good to know. I have looked longingly at this recent release.

I am now less tolerant of any company hiding behind COVID to justify/rationalize poor customer service. After thirteen months, just figure it out already. They can't use the supply chain disruption excuse if they're shipping watches.

I owned my own business for twenty years. If I treated my customers in the manner you describe, it would have been more like two years.

Please do keep us posted, bud.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Thanks I’ll let you know what happens.
-- Enjoy your time
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

tommy_boy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm I am now less tolerant of any company hiding behind COVID to justify/rationalize poor customer service. After thirteen months, just figure it out already. They can't use the supply chain disruption excuse if they're shipping watches.
Fully agree.

You have been very patient and tolerant, [mention]valuewatchguy[/mention], but I think it may be time to get your credit card company involved.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 am
tommy_boy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm I am now less tolerant of any company hiding behind COVID to justify/rationalize poor customer service. After thirteen months, just figure it out already. They can't use the supply chain disruption excuse if they're shipping watches.
Fully agree.

You have been very patient and tolerant, @valuewatchguy, but I think it may be time to get your credit card company involved.
unfortuately the deposit was paid via paypal and the remainder via CC
-- Enjoy your time
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

valuewatchguy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 am
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 am
Fully agree.

You have been very patient and tolerant, @valuewatchguy, but I think it may be time to get your credit card company involved.
unfortuately the deposit was paid via paypal and the remainder via CC
Speaking from experience as both a buyer and a seller, PayPal is very generous in terms of support for the buyer. As long as the funds weren't sent F&F.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I just got a surprise email in my inbox. My entire order has been refunded.
-- Enjoy your time
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

valuewatchguy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 am I just got a surprise email in my inbox. My entire order has been refunded.
Well, that's both good news and bad. Good you get your money back, bad that you don't have a watch you wanted.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am
valuewatchguy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 am I just got a surprise email in my inbox. My entire order has been refunded.
Well, that's both good news and bad. Good you get your money back, bad that you don't have a watch you wanted.
Yes but I raised enough of a stink that I understand why they chose refund my order instead of replace the watch.

It really is a great watch. Very high quality. I just wish they were more responsive to the issue.

Time to move on
-- Enjoy your time