We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Yema Customer Service

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Yema Customer Service

Post by chubbledouble »

So this is unexpected considering everything I've read online, but I just had a good experience with Yema's service department.

Background: I bought a Yema Superman Heritage '63 from a private seller last year. Now, going into it, I was aware that the '63 model had issues with the "12" insert falling out, so I wasn't so much surprised as dismayed when I discovered it rattling around one day after wearing it. This meant getting in touch with Yema for repair.

Through the chat function on their english website, I was able to get in touch and arrange to have the watch repaired. Things went pretty smoothly considering I am the second owner (it did take a minute to "find" the watch in their system). I sent it to France, they acknowledged receipt and said they'd have it back in 30 days, and I had it back in 30 days. From the paperwork they sent along with it, it looks like they repaired the dial, serviced the movement, and pressure tested it after reassembly.

Honestly, I am pretty happy with how everything turned out. It did cost me like 30 bucks to ship the watch to France, but I am happy with the result.

Last edited by chubbledouble on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Yema Customer Service

Post by TheJohnP »

I know the natural reaction is to roast a company for poor customer service.
Nice to hear of positive stories when things go well.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Re: Yema Customer Service

Post by sobwanhoser »

For what it is worth, ordered a Yema Rallygraf chrono as a gift during their last sale - Arrived with a subdial hand off, which on a mecaquartz suggests a new movement rather than trying to repair....contacted Yema and they promptly had the watch returned to them and then returned the watch on their dime. So, while disappointing to the person receiving the gift, Yema did sort it out. "Customer service" may be different than "watch quality". ;)