We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Ashford

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Ashford

Post by PetWatch »

They are known to have some great deals on occasion and have good customer service in my experience after dealing with them with multiple issues. I never had a problem with the purchases I made in the past, but more recently I have become very suspect of the quality of their deeply discounted watches.

Going back the last five orders, one was in perfect conditions and their packaging shown on a photo, which was not the complete original packaging, but disclosed. Another purchase, an Alpina quartz watch, was fine except that it badly missed all the markers, this is something that generally doesn't bother me except that this was a watch with extremely visible markers were you can't help but see the misalignment every time you look at the seconds hand. The third watch an Alpina GMT had a non functioning date wheel and a defective GMT function. A Hamilton auto chrono was DOA, ran for a few seconds at most and would stop. And now the Montegrappa set, turned out to not include the set items, only the watch, no packaging photo was shown or noted.

These recent issues, along with a few recent comments from other buyers who have received defective products, may indicate something is amiss.

Many of their watches arrive out of their watch box slot, but I don't think that's sufficient to be the cause of many of these issues.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Ashford

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I remember when Ashford included a small tote bag and a polishing cloth with their watches.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:I remember when Ashford included a small tote bag and a polishing cloth with their watches.
The way things are going now, I think a set tools would be more appropriate. [emoji3]

I haven't given up on them, but I'm much more cautious now.

Would like to get some feedback from other recent buyers, whatever it may be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Years ago (ten?) I had a problem with a Hamilton chrono. They fixed it and even paid for shipping to-and-from New York. And it came in a little red tote bag.

I have not purchased from them since, and will now set my expectations accordingly.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I've only bought from Ashford once when they used to have the 25% off preowned discount code.

Picked up a Hamilton Everest. Got a Hamilton Everest, but the smaller ladies sized one, though listed as the larger men's.
Had to show them pics of the actual diameter with the watch next to a ruler for them to understand my complaint and request to return.
They eventually took the return.

That hadn't stopped me from buying from them, but do miss when they offered more preowned and "preowned" (coughcough writtenoff coughcough) inventory.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Over the years I bought a number of watches from them with no issues.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

The last one I bought was from a year ago. I bought a few over the years. All without issues.