Thumbs up for PayPal vs scam fake Seiko seller

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Thumbs up for PayPal vs scam fake Seiko seller

Post by Elkins45 »

This is a followup to a post where I assumed I was going to be scammed but took a chance anyway on three $30 Seiko SNK 80X's.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2365&p=89930#p89930

I attempted to cancel my order after having second thoughts but the company sent be a barely legible email stating they wanted to know why I was cancelling. I told them was because buyers on Facebook were reporting they were receiving cheap quartz watches instead of Seikos. The equally barely legible reply was that they assured me the order would be checked to make sure I received the correct product.

Fast forward a month and a bag containing three cheap unknown brand quartz watches shows up. I immediately started a dispute with PayPal but instead of requesting the full $90 I requested $75 with the comment that I could find similar watches for $5 at Walmart. The company responded by saying they would either give me back 20% or I could ship them back at a cost of $20 or more, and if they went to the wrong address there would be no refund. I didn't even respond and immediately escalated the case to a dispute, sending a photo of the watches and copies of the email correspondence as supporting documentation. I only took a few days before PayPal ruled in my favor and refunded my $75. So I feel pretty vindicated even though I spent $15 on three cheap quartz watches because I figured with shipping I got about the value I paid for :) And now I have some glovebox watches or watches to wear when I don't care if I break them.
watches - 1.jpg
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Thumbs up for PayPal vs scam fake Seiko seller

Post by Boourns »

Who needs a Seiko 5 when you can have an Oshrzo 8?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Elkins45
MoT Member

Re: Thumbs up for PayPal vs scam fake Seiko seller

Post by Elkins45 »

I find it interesting that the website is still operating and is still accepting PayPal. My guess is that they cycle thru a whole bunch of different accounts as PP shuts them down after having to side with too many disgruntled buyers.