We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Timefactors frustrations

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Boourns
MoT Member

Timefactors frustrations

Post by Boourns »

Well I decided I finally needed to try to get a PRS-25 since they cost $450 but go on Reddit for $600. Signed up for the newsletter and was happy to see Eddie was restocking in just a week or so, in Aug. 15 at 8 am my time. So I set up my account the day before and pre-enter my shipping address. (Thanks for the lesson Christopher Ward sales!) The night before, I set the phone alarm for 7:59. Alarm goes off, I log on. No "add to cart" button. I refresh, and still no button. Repeat until 8:08, and, finally, add to cart is an option. Click the button, click on checkout, and......... Sold out. :evil:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Timefactors frustrations

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:08 am Well I decided I finally needed to try to get a PRS-25 since they cost $450 but go on Reddit for $600. Signed up for the newsletter and was happy to see Eddie was restocking in just a week or so, in Aug. 15 at 8 am my time. So I set up my account the day before and pre-enter my shipping address. (Thanks for the lesson Christopher Ward sales!) The night before, I set the phone alarm for 7:59. Alarm goes off, I log on. No "add to cart" button. I refresh, and still no button. Repeat until 8:08, and, finally, add to cart is an option. Click the button, click on checkout, and......... Sold out. :evil:
I think you're echoing one of the many, many frustrations people have with Eddie and his selling model. I'm sorry you weren't able to purchase, but maybe you can get one on the secondary market. In my opinion, two pluses with that; you get what you want and you aren't directly giving money to Eddie.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:16 am
Boourns wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:08 am Well I decided I finally needed to try to get a PRS-25 since they cost $450 but go on Reddit for $600. Signed up for the newsletter and was happy to see Eddie was restocking in just a week or so, in Aug. 15 at 8 am my time. So I set up my account the day before and pre-enter my shipping address. (Thanks for the lesson Christopher Ward sales!) The night before, I set the phone alarm for 7:59. Alarm goes off, I log on. No "add to cart" button. I refresh, and still no button. Repeat until 8:08, and, finally, add to cart is an option. Click the button, click on checkout, and......... Sold out. :evil:
I think you're echoing one of the many, many frustrations people have with Eddie and his selling model. I'm sorry you weren't able to purchase, but maybe you can get one on the secondary market. In my opinion, two pluses with that; you get what you want and you aren't directly giving money to Eddie.
Yes. Unfortunately, I know I am one of many. Just needed to vent. But this is as close to a 1016 (my ultimate grail) as I'll ever come, so I decided to give it a try. There's always next time.

If anyone got one and is willing to let it go for <$100 markup you know where to find me!
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/seri ... s.5113937/

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I don’t recall there ever being a bigger ass in the world of horology. It’s quite remarkable to hold that title.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:00 pm https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/seri ... s.5113937/

Stories like that one are the main reason I'll never purchase from Eddie.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Good lord maybe my misfortune was fortunate. I think I'll consider the premium over MSRP as the price to not deal with TF directly.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I got one last year and it was a trainwreck. Refreshed the website 45 times in a couple minutes to try getting my order in. Eventually got through but will never buy from TimeFactors again

Eddie is also a complete tool
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/fs-s ... 0.5332573/

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.