We're Moving!

Click for more info.

StrapsCo: A+ Customer Service

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
MoT
Site Admin

StrapsCo: A+ Customer Service

Post by MoT »

As many know, I have larger-than-average wrists, so when I find straps in lengths that can accommodate me, I'll buy a few at a time.

StrapsCo has been running a sale, and quite often (always?) has a "Buy 2 get 1 Free!" offer running, so I took advantage. I ordered three straps; Distressed Leather in Red, Vintage Top Grain Leather in Driftwood and a Dassari Kingwood in Mahogany.

A few days later, the straps arrived. I opened the package, and they looked great!

On further inspection, I noticed a couple of things. The Dassari was missing the buckle, and when I opened the package of the Distressed Leather, I saw that the floating keeper has poor stitching which may result in losing the keeper over time.

Other than those (in my opinion) minor issues, I am very happy with the straps. The colors are great, and they are very soft, pliable and feel great on the wrist.

I thought to send an email to StrapsCo to mention what I found, just to bring it to their attention. The reply I received today is textbook outstanding customer service. I wanted to make all the members aware of it; They offered to send a replacement strap for the Distressed Leather with the poor keeper and a buckle and strap change tool for the Dassari.

I didn't ask for compensation, but they offered it anyway. Again, outstanding customer service, guaranteeing that I will be a repeat customer.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Re: StrapsCo: A+ Customer Service

Post by Klaatu3 »

Matt, you're a gracious & patient man indeed. Those are two pretty big quality escapes! I'm not sure I would have been so kind in my method of complaint, but it shows wisdom on your part. I'm glad to hear they're making it right, as they should! Thanks for the story.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Klaatu3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:21 pm Matt, you're a gracious & patient man indeed. Those are two pretty big quality escapes! I'm not sure I would have been so kind in my method of complaint, but it shows wisdom on your part. I'm glad to hear they're making it right, as they should! Thanks for the story.
Well thank you.

I firmly believe that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

However, if someone takes advantage of that kindness and my patience and doesn't follow through on a promise.....

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Update:

I received a replacement strap, a buckle (nice screw-in one) and a finger poker strap tool.

All are in great shape, and I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

I'll second strapsco.'s service.

I have a used them a few times and have always been impressed.

A couple of recent orders, however, went AWOL after being shipped. (Nothing to do with StrapsCo. - a carrier issue.)

I let them know, but only so they were aware (I was happy to wait). They immediately said they would issue a full replacement of both orders - in fact I had to suggest that we leave it another couple of weeks just in case they came through - and then did so once those weeks had passed.

Full order arrived shortly thereafter.

As we all know, problems can arise in any business, but these guys handled it well. Repeat customer here for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk