We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Jura sucks

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Dorothyparker
MoT Member

Jura sucks

Post by Dorothyparker »

On 11-20-21 I placed an order for two watches, totaling over a thousand dollars, with Jura. I payed with PayPal and got a confirmation email from Jura that they got my order and money and would be shipping the watches. Fifteen minutes later I got another email from them saying they couldn’t ship the watches to the Untied States. I asked for a refund. I heard nothing back from them and after three days of not getting my refund back, I emailed them again. They wanted me to use a European address to ship the watches, I don’t have one so again I wanted my money back. They offered me a special price on one of their watches and again I refused and asked for the watches I ordered or a refund.
I still have not got my money back and have no watches. I filed a claim with PayPal, they have til Dec 8 to respond. That will give them over 18 days of holding onto my money.
At least two other forum members have had the same issue with them and I hope they chime in on this thread. I will do a screenshot of us discussing it on the deal seen here thread.
This is a terrible scam they are pulling on people to not ship watches and not refund money.

BUYER BEWARE OF JURA.
F8434B61-370A-438E-A2D0-4700B074A86F.jpeg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Jura sucks

Post by TheJohnP »

Paging @phatmatt626 and @horhay86

Please share your experiences with C.W.Sellors/Jura Watches
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I have ordered twice from Jura. Once recently in august. And another last year.

The purchase last year went without incident.

The purchase in august was okay on the transaction side but it took nearly 1 month to ship from the UK to Texas.

I have no problem with Jura
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
Whateveronfire
MoT Member

Post by Whateveronfire »

Jury is still out for me on Jura (sorry!).

Same story as a lot of folks, ordered the Seiko Limited Edition Alpinist and was contacted saying they couldn't ship to the US and asked if I had an EU or UK address. My niece lives in the UK, so I said I'd be happy for them to ship to her.

Then they said I should pay again (and sent me a PayPal invoice) because the total was different: free shipping with VAT instead of no VAT and £30 for shipping.

They said they'd refund the first purchase and send the second one to the UK address.

As of today, the first charge is still on my credit card and there's no confirmation of shipping to the UK address. So I've paid for the same watch twice and have no idea where it is.

Admittedly, I'm on the west coast of the US, so the time difference is a thing and delays communication. It'll be worth it if I get the watch and only pay for it once. :lol:
horhay86
MoT Member

Post by horhay86 »

I'm not going to write them off yet in the future...but lets say the first impression has not been the best.

Like others here, I ordered the Alpinist Ginza. Followed by an email that they couldn't ship it to the US.
I politely asked them to cancel and a refund and they try offering me another watch.
I declined again and asked for a refund..in which they gave me the whole story of "sending it to the cancellation department and that itll take 10 days"
I called **** but patiently waited 10 days, Zero follow up, no cancellation emails in that time frame i finally contacted them yesterday asking for my refund or paypal case will follow. They sent a cancelation email and now waiting for that refund patiently again.

We'll see if i have to open the case up anyway [emoji23][emoji23].

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

WorthTheWrist
MoT Member

Post by WorthTheWrist »

I suggest getting a European address.

I've had smooth transactions with Skypax. They give you a unique address in the UK that you can use for all deals that require one. The watch goes to them, and they forward it on to you.

https://www.skypax.com/
biglovetravis
MoT Member

Post by biglovetravis »

From the US, ordered the 38mm Certina Diver in December, 2020. Found out how long it would take before they received their stock (months); requested cancellation via email

Received a refund to my credit card within ~seven days, if I recall correctly.***

***Got to thinking about it, it may well have been Jura who dragged their feet so long that I filed a dispute with my credit card company? Don’t want to speak I’ll of them since cannot recall but consider i, too, may have had issues.***
Last edited by biglovetravis on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
Dorothyparker
MoT Member

Post by Dorothyparker »

I’m on day 14 with no refund issued yet. This isn’t for an order I cancelled, this is for an order they couldn’t fulfill and they still have my money.
horhay86
MoT Member

Post by horhay86 »

I got my refund right after my last post. FYI.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Dorothyparker
MoT Member

Post by Dorothyparker »

I finally got my $1,193.69 refunded today. It took 16 days and a PayPal dispute to get my money back.
Whateveronfire
MoT Member

Post by Whateveronfire »

My Jura saga continues. I did get a refund for the "first" purchase and today I got a shipping confirmation. Weirdly it has my US address, not the UK address I gave them. Royal Mail doesn't have a record of it yet, though.

Their customer service people have been nice if somewhat less forthcoming than I want them to be. I always want any correspondence with any UK entity to have the feeling of 84, Charing Cross Road.

Stay tuned.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Whateveronfire wrote:My Jura saga continues. I did get a refund for the "first" purchase and today I got a shipping confirmation. Weirdly it has my US address, not the UK address I gave them. Royal Mail doesn't have a record of it yet, though.

Their customer service people have been nice if somewhat less forthcoming than I want them to be. I always want any correspondence with any UK entity to have the feeling of 84, Charing Cross Road.

Stay tuned.
Yeah that’s weird. I’m still wondering if the watch I get is a Seiko and is the one I ordered, but mine is not coming straight to the US.

We shall see.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:21 pm
Whateveronfire wrote:My Jura saga continues. I did get a refund for the "first" purchase and today I got a shipping confirmation. Weirdly it has my US address, not the UK address I gave them. Royal Mail doesn't have a record of it yet, though.

Stay tuned.
Yeah that’s weird. I’m still wondering if the watch I get is a Seiko and is the one I ordered, but mine is not coming straight to the US.

We shall see.
I’ll check it out and send photos before forwarding. If there is any issue, we can deal with in Europe. I bought my PH200M from Jura and had no issues.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Whateveronfire
MoT Member

Post by Whateveronfire »

As if this couldn't get less functional. I got notification of shipping for the watch yesterday with my US address listed as the destination. Great, I thought, I'll get it directly, no need to tell my niece in the UK to look out for it.

Today they tried to deliver it to her and no one was home. (Of course). I have NO idea what the redelivery approach is in the UK and I wouldn't say their website is very clear about it.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

@Robotaz

Here is what they sent, looks even better in person!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr