We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Vincent Watches from Singapore-AVOID

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
AndyS
MoT Member

Vincent Watches from Singapore-AVOID

Post by AndyS »

Bought a Gshock from https://www.vincentwatch.com.sg/ . This was a model I'd looked for for a long time but never found a decent deal in the US for. Saw it posted in the deals thread, so ordered at a fair price of $121 (GWB5600MG-1DR with a positive display). Watch was powered down when I got it, but it came back up after a bit of light. Set it, hooked it up to bluetooth, then it died. Non-responsive and leaving it under a bright LED worklight did not revive it. Threw it in a sunny window and left it. Attempted to contact the store through email, then whatsapp (their linked chat from the site), and posted on their Facebook page (they deleted the post). Threatened to dispute the CC charge, and they finally responded claiming my emails had gone into their junk folder (just a gmail account, so it's possible, although the fact that they're not running email through their domain is questionable).

They tell me to put it in light as this is normal. By this time it had been a week, and the watch did finally wake up. I had it work for a couple of days before it died again (bluetooth showed ~75% battery life the day before it died). I contact them again and they tell me to contact Casio for warranty, or I can send it back to them for replacement. Casio won't cover under warranty due to it being a non-US seller. I do have a warranty card that looks legit, so I might be able to send it to an international Casio repair shop? Don't know.

At this point I just want a working watch. I ask them to send me a label to ship it back. They tell me I need to paypal them $80. I tell them no way I'm paying 2/3 the original price to return a watch that they shipped out that didn't work. They tell me that's what it costs them to ship both ways in their reply. I tell them still no way. They offer to split it at $40. I'm still thinking of my reply. $40 is too high. I'm not opposed to shipping it on my dime and letting them ship it back to me on theirs, but I'm not paying $40.

I have a couple of options. I could just dispute the charge with on the credit card. I also have item protection coverage included on the card, so I could probably send it to Casio and get the repair reimbursed. Not sure what my best option is.

I took a risk and bought a gray market watch. I don't think they knowingly shipped me a bad watch. It was a good faith transaction of a legit G-Shock. However, their customer service SUCKS. Weeks to respond. Deleting Facebook posts without replying. Ignoring Wechat and Facebook messages. Then asking for an outrageous amount of money to cross ship a working watch (that had free shipping initially!)

AVOID. I'll probably repost this in G-shock reddit, WUS, and Facebook groups I've participated in the past if I stay this doesn't resolve soon.

(I suspect the watch has a bad rechargeable cell that costs $20. Or maybe a connector/spring that's loose. So tempted to open it up and try one from one of my older watches to see what happens. But I don't want to mess with it and not have options if they realize it's been opened.)
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: Vincent Watches from Singapore-AVOID

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

I'd dispute it with my credit card company.

Good luck!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

AndyS wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:23 am Bought a Gshock from https://www.vincentwatch.com.sg/ . This was a model I'd looked for for a long time but never found a decent deal in the US for. Saw it posted in the deals thread, so ordered at a fair price of $121 (GWB5600MG-1DR with a positive display). Watch was powered down when I got it, but it came back up after a bit of light. Set it, hooked it up to bluetooth, then it died. Non-responsive and leaving it under a bright LED worklight did not revive it. Threw it in a sunny window and left it. Attempted to contact the store through email, then whatsapp (their linked chat from the site), and posted on their Facebook page (they deleted the post). Threatened to dispute the CC charge, and they finally responded claiming my emails had gone into their junk folder (just a gmail account, so it's possible, although the fact that they're not running email through their domain is questionable).

They tell me to put it in light as this is normal. By this time it had been a week, and the watch did finally wake up. I had it work for a couple of days before it died again (bluetooth showed ~75% battery life the day before it died). I contact them again and they tell me to contact Casio for warranty, or I can send it back to them for replacement. Casio won't cover under warranty due to it being a non-US seller. I do have a warranty card that looks legit, so I might be able to send it to an international Casio repair shop? Don't know.

At this point I just want a working watch. I ask them to send me a label to ship it back. They tell me I need to paypal them $80. I tell them no way I'm paying 2/3 the original price to return a watch that they shipped out that didn't work. They tell me that's what it costs them to ship both ways in their reply. I tell them still no way. They offer to split it at $40. I'm still thinking of my reply. $40 is too high. I'm not opposed to shipping it on my dime and letting them ship it back to me on theirs, but I'm not paying $40.

I have a couple of options. I could just dispute the charge with on the credit card. I also have item protection coverage included on the card, so I could probably send it to Casio and get the repair reimbursed. Not sure what my best option is.

I took a risk and bought a gray market watch. I don't think they knowingly shipped me a bad watch. It was a good faith transaction of a legit G-Shock. However, their customer service SUCKS. Weeks to respond. Deleting Facebook posts without replying. Ignoring Wechat and Facebook messages. Then asking for an outrageous amount of money to cross ship a working watch (that had free shipping initially!)

AVOID. I'll probably repost this in G-shock reddit, WUS, and Facebook groups I've participated in the past if I stay this doesn't resolve soon.

(I suspect the watch has a bad rechargeable cell that costs $20. Or maybe a connector/spring that's loose. So tempted to open it up and try one from one of my older watches to see what happens. But I don't want to mess with it and not have options if they realize it's been opened.)
Wow, that is a mess. Sorry for your troubles, and thankful for your sharing your experience here to help others. One thought to help your situation is to buy a replacement battery and change it out….that is very likely the issue and should cost less than shipping. Perhaps the seller would be willing to refund the amount to do so.

Here for under $20:

U.S. -

Germany -
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:36 pm Wow, that is a mess. Sorry for your troubles, and thankful for your sharing your experience here to help others. One thought to help your situation is to buy a replacement battery and change it out….that is very likely the issue and should cost less than shipping. Perhaps the seller would be willing to refund the amount to do so.

Here for under $20:

U.S. -

Germany -
Yep. I actually have several G-Shock squares that use the same battery. That's what I mentioned above, I'm tempted to harvest the battery from my 5610 for a test, but really don't want to risk them telling me that if I open it up it can't be covered under warranty if it's more serious.
bocbass
MoT Member

Post by bocbass »

That's a bummer. I have only dealt with Vincent one time, and my SPB213 arrived without any drama. I hope everything works out!
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Update, just got this back last week after paying to ship it back to them. I shipped USPS for under $20 to get passed this. They had said they would see if they could fix it, if not send me a replacement immediately. What they ended up doing apparently was to send it to Casio Asia for repair, which delayed it probably 3 more weeks.

Seems to work. I'm hoping this is done with and I can just wear my watch.