We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Stay away from AliEx seller "heimdallr Official Watch Store"

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
tnmats
MoT Member

Stay away from AliEx seller "heimdallr Official Watch Store"

Post by tnmats »

The title says it all, avoid them, period. It's this store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101569959

I ordered a (rather popular apparently) Baltany military-style chrono recently introduced, this one in particular:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804580288427.html

They show 2 available on their site as of Nov. 10 at 6pm EST but with these guys I don't believe it.

When I contacted them to find out why my watch didn't ship yet after a week, I get this reply (screen shot from my AE messaging window):
Capture.JPG
Of course they never bothered to tell me this until I asked about why the watch doesn't ship. Plus I ordered on 11/2, there were 57 watches left in stock after my order was confirmed.

The did (sort of) make an apology by saying I'll agree to extend the ship date window they'll throw in an extra strap with the watch. I then counter by saying if it's either of these two styles then OK.
Capture3.JPG
I wait a day to get a confirmation, with the time difference I don't get a reply until around 1-2am my time. I get do get a message agreeing to send me a 'brown belt' the next morning so I thought good enough. I go to the AE order page to extend the shipping date but see the blasted thing shipped overnight too, this all happened during night time for me (I'm on the US east coast). Of course there's nothing to delay anymore.

When I ask what happened, did the watch really ship suddenly, I get this reply:
Capture4.JPG
I was, shall we say, "not pleased". So they just created a shipping label with no product and that of course counts as "shipped" with AE, never remotely considering the timer difference. Not much I can do right now except wait.

I did contact AliEx earlier today and the agent saw what was posted. She stated to wait 11 days, if zero movement in a package that doesn't even show as picked up yet is still the same I can get a refund.

I've bought from enough vendors over the last few years off AE. Usually the quality and delivery time are stellar, a few times there was sub-standard quality or something missing in the shipment that's rectified quickly. I've never had outright lies like this though.

Avoid this outfit at all costs.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Stay away from AliEx seller "heimdallr Official Watch Store"

Post by TheJohnP »

Was the Baltany official store out of stock?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
tnmats
MoT Member

Post by tnmats »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:43 pm Was the Baltany official store out of stock?
Yes unfortunately. I bought a Baltany D12 quartz model (the one with the sword-style hands) a few months ago from the Baltany official store, it got to me within 2 weeks and it's flawless in every way. I should have just waited to get it from them, from now on I'll only buy a Baltany model from the official store or the OctopusKraken store (they seem to be reputable). This new chrono model was apparently a hit as every store sold out quickly.

I got a quite confusing reply to my latest communications to the seller this morning:

I have already clicked to deliver the goods, and it is estimated that some of them will arrive in a few days.

I am not sure how to interpret this and I'm not bothering to ask anything further. Hopefully it never shows as shipped in another 10 days so I can go back to AE for a refund and be rid of this scam artist.

AE could stamp out a lot of these scammers by changing their 'shipped' definition. Until they do they're just enabling sleazy sellers.
tnmats
MoT Member

Post by tnmats »

Update on how this all ended:

After the wait period of the watch not picked up by the carrier (even though a tracking number was assigned), I filled a dispute with AE. 48 hrs. later something shipped (there's a reason I say it that way). Thursday (12/8) a small packet arrived with an ugly nato strap and a letter saying they were out of stock and due to the lockdown in China they don't know when they'll ship. When stock becomes available I'll be informed but in the meantime request a refund.

I immediately filed a dispute with AE, with a picture of the letter and a video of me opening the packet. I got the refund today (12/9) in full, my credit card showed the refund as pending. The most galling part? The store shows plenty of stock for that watch, as do other vendors. Some lockdown. :roll:

Stay away from this store, they're nothing but liars and cheats. From now on if a vendor has less than 98-99% satisfaction rating I'm staying the heck away.
sh333
MoT Member

Post by sh333 »

Had more or less the same issue with this store awhile back. took a while, but I did get full refund.