Image

Member yinzburgher was chatting with Meranom and they have agreed to extend a discount to all our users!

Code MANONTIME gets you 5% off any purchase, excluding special editions.

Thank you Meranom, and thank you yinzburgher!

Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
User avatar
Robotaz
MoT Member
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 529 times
Been liked: 1530 times

Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#1

Post by Robotaz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 pm

I’ll kick this new thread off by asking if anyone comes across desktop RAM deals at really fast speeds (DDR4-4000+) and 32-64Gb to please shoot me a message.

I have a new rig that can do confirmed 4366, so I want to go ahead and drop the dough on the RAM to match the rest. It’s got a i9-9900K Intel, liquid cooled with a OC-able gamer board, SSD, Nvidia RTX 2080, three LG 27” monitors.

I’ve limped along with cruddy computers since I started engineering school in the ‘90s. Building it for 10 years of excellent performance.


@robotazky
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5108 times
Been liked: 20621 times
Contact:

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#2

Post by ManOnTime » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Are you looking for single stick in 32-64GB or multi (8x4, 16x2, etc)?

Best I can find in a quick search is 4133 in 16x2 for $500. http://bit.ly/2UnUDin
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 15816 times
Been liked: 10070 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#3

Post by watchpalooza » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Taking a break from the basement swimming here...how many slots are you filling?

Central Computer has 2x16GB for $399.95:

https://www.centralcomputer.com/p-memco ... model.html
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
User avatar
Robotaz
MoT Member
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 529 times
Been liked: 1530 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#4

Post by Robotaz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm

ManOnTime wrote:Are you looking for single stick in 32-64GB or multi (8x4, 16x2, etc)?

Best I can find in a quick search is 4133 in 16x2 for $500. http://bit.ly/2UnUDin
Out of stock, bro.


@robotazky
User avatar
Robotaz
MoT Member
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 529 times
Been liked: 1530 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#5

Post by Robotaz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:34 pm

FTE wrote:Taking a break from the basement swimming here...how many slots are you filling?

Central Computer has 2x16GB for $399.95:

https://www.centralcomputer.com/p-memco ... model.html
I’m trying to do 2 16GB sticks so that I can do two later


@robotazky
User avatar
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 2752
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Location: Monterey/SF Bay
Has liked: 12087 times
Been liked: 13482 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#6

Post by Stretch44 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm looking for the Pixel 3 stand from Google. I picked one up at Best Buy during the Black Friday sales for only $39.99. I really don't want to pay $79.99 for one. If anyone knows of any deal let me know. Thanks!

https://store.google.com/us/product/pix ... d?hl=en-US
User avatar
TheJohnP
Global Moderator
Posts: 7704
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Location: Atlanta
Has liked: 28305 times
Been liked: 22679 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#7

Post by TheJohnP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Stretch44 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:31 pm
I'm looking for the Pixel 3 stand from Google. I picked one up at Best Buy during the Black Friday sales for only $39.99. I really don't want to pay $79.99 for one. If anyone knows of any deal let me know. Thanks!

https://store.google.com/us/product/pix ... d?hl=en-US
I found one on OfferUp for $50.
Was posted up 2 months ago and has a make offer, so might be able to get it cheaper

https://offerup.com/item/detail/6254711 ... dwords_int
Click Icon To Contact Me



Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
feltharg
MoT Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:21 am
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#8

Post by feltharg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:22 pm

So my dear mother just texted me "Can you look for binoculars for dad?"
I know nothing about binoculars. I checked slickdeals, there are some deals on bushnell and one expired deal on nikon form Dicks
https://slickdeals.net/f/13687103-nikon ... hBarV2Algo
Seems like bushnell also makes some crap lines, so not easy to navigate.

Is anyone here into this stuff?

Cheers
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5108 times
Been liked: 20621 times
Contact:

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#9

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:50 pm

feltharg wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:22 pm
So my dear mother just texted me "Can you look for binoculars for dad?"
I know nothing about binoculars. I checked slickdeals, there are some deals on bushnell and one expired deal on nikon form Dicks
https://slickdeals.net/f/13687103-nikon ... hBarV2Algo
Seems like bushnell also makes some crap lines, so not easy to navigate.

Is anyone here into this stuff?

Cheers

These would be my pick.

Great binocs, and they were the binoculars of choice by NASA for years and years and years.

These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post:
feltharg
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
feltharg
MoT Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:21 am
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#10

Post by feltharg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks Matt! I looked at some legacy models, but more for like 10-12x
I guess i will just stick with the legacy line (or legacy wp) and find a deal (and post it here if i find one :)))

edit: thought it was weird that the thumbnail amazon thingy showed 8x42 but when i click it goes to wp porro prism 10-22 only to realize its one listing for three different models.

going from photography, i would not feel like getting a zoom bino - prime lens are always superior over zoom, also valid for binoculars?
feltharg
MoT Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:21 am
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#11

Post by feltharg » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:22 pm

So i caved for the 8x42. Looks like a nice budget option.
Amazon was on backorder so some googling yielded bhphotovideo.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... cular.html

Adorama does not charge tax, but this one was on backorder there too...

Shipping free, 84 USD with tax and free shipping to me and they give you a LED flashlight keychain ;)

Thank!
These users liked the author feltharg for the post:
ManOnTime
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5108 times
Been liked: 20621 times
Contact:

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#12

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am

My turn to ask for help.

Looking for a laptop.
  • New or refurbished doesn't make a difference.
  • Windows 10 or 10 Pro
  • SSD would be nice, but not a deal killer. I'd buy an SSD and upgrade.
  • Storage size: 256GB minimum.
  • Dedicated graphics would also be nice, but again, not a deal killer.
  • RAM: 8GB minimum. I'd buy RAM and upgrade anyway.
  • Budget: $600 max, including 7% tax and shipping.
Whatcha got?
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 15816 times
Been liked: 10070 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#13

Post by watchpalooza » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 am

ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am
My turn to ask for help.

Looking for a laptop.
  • New or refurbished doesn't make a difference.
  • Windows 10 or 10 Pro
  • SSD would be nice, but not a deal killer. I'd buy an SSD and upgrade.
  • Storage size: 256GB minimum.
  • Dedicated graphics would also be nice, but again, not a deal killer.
  • RAM: 8GB minimum. I'd buy RAM and upgrade anyway.
  • Budget: $600 max, including 7% tax and shipping.
Whatcha got?
Some options here: https://www.frys.com/category/Outpost/N ... s/Laptops/
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post:
ManOnTime
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5108 times
Been liked: 20621 times
Contact:

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#14

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:17 pm

watchpalooza wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 am
ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am
My turn to ask for help.

Looking for a laptop.
  • New or refurbished doesn't make a difference.
  • Windows 10 or 10 Pro
  • SSD would be nice, but not a deal killer. I'd buy an SSD and upgrade.
  • Storage size: 256GB minimum.
  • Dedicated graphics would also be nice, but again, not a deal killer.
  • RAM: 8GB minimum. I'd buy RAM and upgrade anyway.
  • Budget: $600 max, including 7% tax and shipping.
Whatcha got?
Some options here: https://www.frys.com/category/Outpost/N ... s/Laptops/

Thanks, some of those look really good, but I'm not sure if Fry's would ship to Minnesota.

Went to Microcenter (if Heaven exists, this place may be it) and picked up an Acer Nitro 5 and then ordered 32GB of RAM from Amazon.

May swap the 1TB platter drive for a 1TB 2.5" or M.2 SSD in the near future.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/612 ... er---black
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 15816 times
Been liked: 10070 times

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

#15

Post by watchpalooza » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 pm

ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks, some of those look really good, but I'm not sure if Fry's would ship to Minnesota.

Went to Microcenter (if Heaven exists, this place may be it) and picked up an Acer Nitro 5 and then ordered 32GB of RAM from Amazon.

May swap the 1TB platter drive for a 1TB 2.5" or M.2 SSD in the near future.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/612 ... er---black
Glad you found what you needed. MC was my favorite store in Dallas for years....great for building and modding also.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post:
ManOnTime
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Post Reply