Image

Member yinzburgher was chatting with Meranom and they have agreed to extend a discount to all our users!

Code MANONTIME gets you 5% off any purchase, excluding special editions.

Thank you Meranom, and thank you yinzburgher!

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5125 times
Been liked: 20677 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#361

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:16 am

$90 for Buds+ is a smoking deal! If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be all over this.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 2):
cel4145Spirit of the Watch
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
cel4145
MoT Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:36 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Has liked: 1123 times
Been liked: 790 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#362

Post by cel4145 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am

For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

Image

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.
These users liked the author cel4145 for the post (total 3):
ManOnTimepdsfSpirit of the Watch
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5125 times
Been liked: 20677 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#363

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am

cel4145 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am
For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

Image

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 3):
cel4145pdsfSpirit of the Watch
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
pdsf
MoT Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Has liked: 2910 times
Been liked: 3087 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#364

Post by pdsf » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm

ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am
cel4145 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am
For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

Image

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.
Good to know. The phone speakers are pretty okay as well?

Too bad I missed this deal!
These users liked the author pdsf for the post:
Spirit of the Watch
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5125 times
Been liked: 20677 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#365

Post by ManOnTime » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:38 pm

pdsf wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm
ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am
cel4145 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am
For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

Image

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.
Good to know. The phone speakers are pretty okay as well?

Too bad I missed this deal!
I rarely listen to audio from the phone speakers, so I can't comment on that.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post:
pdsf
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
pdsf
MoT Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Has liked: 2910 times
Been liked: 3087 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#366

Post by pdsf » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 pm

^okay thanks @ManOnTime!
User avatar
cel4145
MoT Member
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:36 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Has liked: 1123 times
Been liked: 790 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#367

Post by cel4145 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm

pdsf wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm
ManOnTime wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am
cel4145 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am
For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

Image

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.
Good to know. The phone speakers are pretty okay as well?

Too bad I missed this deal!
I think phone speakers are best rated on a scale of "awful" to "bad, but I can deal with it." lol
These users liked the author cel4145 for the post (total 2):
ManOnTimepdsf
bobusa
MoT Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 283 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#368

Post by bobusa » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm

Those buds work with iPhone?
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 5125 times
Been liked: 20677 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#369

Post by ManOnTime » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 pm

bobusa wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm
Those buds work with iPhone?
Yes. I've used them with both Android and iOS.
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
BostonCharlie
MoT Member
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:26 pm
Location: Texas
Has liked: 11117 times
Been liked: 5502 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#370

Post by BostonCharlie » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Home gym equipment is hard to find at good prices.

Judging by this google ad, it appears that some Target locations have selectable dumbbells available for pickup for a good price. All of the stores in my area say OOS, so YMMV.
target_dumbbells.jpg
target_dumbbells.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
These users liked the author BostonCharlie for the post:
Rabirnie
User avatar
Sussa
MoT Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:48 am
Location: Massachusetts
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 3120 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#371

Post by Sussa » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:53 am

@BostonCharlie - Best Buy has a bunch of exercise equipment on sale right now. Free weights are mostly overpriced or out of stock, but sharing in case you're looking for anything else.

Flexibility and Recovery
Cardio Equipment
Strength Training
These users liked the author Sussa for the post (total 2):
BoournsBostonCharlie
User avatar
TheJohnP
Global Moderator
Posts: 7732
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Location: Atlanta
Has liked: 28428 times
Been liked: 22782 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#372

Post by TheJohnP » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Like lighters?
Like the Stones?
Like deals?

This is for you!
Flash sale at Shopworn, so no further discounts apply.

S.T. Dupont Rolling Stones Limited Edition Minijet Lighter in black or white
Sale price is $55
List price is $220

White minijet - https://www.shopworn.com/shop/st-dupont ... er-010109/
Black minijet - https://www.shopworn.com/shop/st-dupont ... er-010110/

Image
Click Icon To Contact Me



Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
User avatar
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:03 am
Location: Central Time Zone
Has liked: 355 times
Been liked: 510 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#373

Post by Spirit of the Watch » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:18 pm

s20 phones are $600 off at Google Fi

https://fi.google.com/about/phones


Moto G Power $49
https://fi.google.com/about/phones/moto-g-power
These users liked the author Spirit of the Watch for the post:
flypanam
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
yinzburgher
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 4420
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....mostly
Has liked: 16073 times
Been liked: 16697 times
Contact:

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#374

Post by yinzburgher » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 am

Some might argue that you don't actually need to pay to see Idiocracy in HD, but I still think $5 to own this movie is a pretty good deal.

AS SEEN ON SLICKDEALS HERE





And some other Amazon HD movie deals for fans of Daniel Day Lewis or war films.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD - $5

GANGS OF NEW YORK - $5

HACKSAW RIDGE - $5

APOCALYPSE NOW - $7
These users liked the author yinzburgher for the post (total 5):
RabirnieTheJohnPcel4145RocatBoourns
Rocat
MoT Member
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Location: Lexington SC
Has liked: 1636 times
Been liked: 1480 times

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

#375

Post by Rocat » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm

It is a funny movie. I think now more than ever it's becoming a documentary. lol
yinzburgher wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 am
Some might argue that you don't actually need to pay to see Idiocracy in HD, but I still think $5 to own this movie is a pretty good deal.

AS SEEN ON SLICKDEALS HERE





And some other Amazon HD movie deals for fans of Daniel Day Lewis or war films.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD - $5

GANGS OF NEW YORK - $5

HACKSAW RIDGE - $5

APOCALYPSE NOW - $7
These users liked the author Rocat for the post (total 3):
yinzburgherBoournsRabirnie
Post Reply