We're Moving!

Click for more info.

High (or decent) Quality Quick Releaae Bands?

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
flypanam
MoT Member

High (or decent) Quality Quick Releaae Bands?

Post by flypanam »

Good evening and happy Friday watch crew!

I like to switch up my straps a lot, but I dont really have the best manual dexterity. It gets frustrating and I really hate to accidentally scratch up the lugs while I fumble around with a spring bar tool.

I'm looking for higher (or at least) quality quick release straps/bands. Specifically something "nicer" like a smooth leather or just something that looks classy. Something that would look good on a dressier watch. Most of the quick release bands I come across are either cheaper leather (that you can tell just by looking at it), or canvas or some other non-luxurious material. Mostly on Amazon or from Barton (though i like Barton they seem to mostly have more casual style straps) which has that more rugged leather that would work on something like a pilot watch. Hopefully what I'm asking for makes some sense. I'm looking for some finer stuff, hopefully without breaking the bank.

Any leads?

I appreciate any input! Thank you!
Scruffy believes in this forum
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: High (or decent) Quality Quick Releaae Bands?

Post by TheJohnP »

flypanam wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:11 pm Good evening and happy Friday watch crew!

I like to switch up my straps a lot, but I dont really have the best manual dexterity. It gets frustrating and I really hate to accidentally scratch up the lugs while I fumble around with a spring bar tool.

I'm looking for higher (or at least) quality quick release straps/bands. Specifically something "nicer" like a smooth leather or just something that looks classy. Something that would look good on a dressier watch. Most of the quick release bands I come across are either cheaper leather (that you can tell just by looking at it), or canvas or some other non-luxurious material. Mostly on Amazon or from Barton (though i like Barton they seem to mostly have more casual style straps) which has that more rugged leather that would work on something like a pilot watch. Hopefully what I'm asking for makes some sense. I'm looking for some finer stuff, hopefully without breaking the bank.

Any leads?

I appreciate any input! Thank you!
I know quick release pins are an option you can choose when you customize straps on Pattini.
Pattini.eu
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Vario does quick release. I have a couple of their tweed straps and like them. I haven't tried their leather, but I'm sure it's good. Here's a link.

https://vario.sg/collections/vintage-it ... atch-strap
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Thanks for the replies thus far! I'll definitely be checking those brands out shortly!
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Christopher Ward uses quick release bars. While standard prices might be considered high ($80-100USD), a good deal can be had in their sales. I find their straps a little stiff, but the leather seems to be good quality.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Sussa wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:29 am Christopher Ward uses quick release bars. While standard prices might be considered high ($80-100USD), a good deal can be had in their sales. I find their straps a little stiff, but the leather seems to be good quality.
Forgot about CWard! I do remember buying a couple of water resistant leather straps on sale from them a couple years back and was happy with the quality. Thank you!
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I know it’s over a month late but Fossil has some surprisingly nice leather straps with quick release bars. I think they are all on sale right now.