As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Tissot T-Navigator Strap options

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
kl884347
MoT Member

Tissot T-Navigator Strap options

Post by kl884347 »

Hey all,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Now on to the question at hand. I have a Tissot T-Navigator and can't bring myself to cut the rubber strap since they are like $65 if I ever decide to sell the watch later. I removed the strap but could not mount a regular 22mm metal band because the clearance was so tight on the lugs. So to the questions at hand:

1. Is there any trick to mounting a 22mm metal band to this watch?
2. Does anyone know of an inexpensive rubber alternative? I saw a black and orange silicon Barton band with quick release bars but all the reviews said that it tore too easily. That doesn't sound very appealing.
3. The OEM band is curved. Anyone own this watch have any negative experiences trying to mount a standard straight metal strap? Due to the lug design, I could see there being an aesthetic issue but other than that???

TIA for any advice.
Attachments
t0624301705701_1496870288.jpg
t0624301705701_1496870288.jpg (54.59 KiB) Viewed 1506 times