We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heiden Prestige Watch Winder

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
kl884347
MoT Member

Heiden Prestige Watch Winder

Post by kl884347 »

On a whim, I purchased a two watch winder box made by Heiden from an auction site. I just assumed (you know what that means...) that it would also take batteries. Well, it doesn't of course and the AC adapter I see on their web site doesn't look compatible with the Prestige line. I have contacted their support to get some info but was wondering if anyone here knows the voltage, current, and whether the inner conductor is positive or negative.
TIA.
Q
kl884347
MoT Member

Re: Heiden Prestige Watch Winder

Post by kl884347 »

Well, just as an update, I found some battery pack substitutes (all are sold out because it's so old) that say Heiden Prestige and Boxy compatible. It looks like it takes 4 D batteries, 2x2. So I am going to guess it's 3V/.5A or somewhere around there. Not sure whether the inner is positve or negative. I guess I'm going to have to risk it...

Here is a Boxy adapter with the specs conveniently blurred out:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heiden-Prestig ... 664?_ul=IL

And the Battery version
https://watchwinderstation.com/products ... ttery-pack
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Keep us posted how it works out!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

Well, bad news and good news. I found a variable output AC adapter I had lying around and tried it at the estimated 3V. Only one watch winder moved and the other didn't I thought the motor was burned out or the rubber drive band had broken. I found this very good video on how to disassemble a watch winder that looks exactly like mine (except his is a 4 watch winder). Evidently, Heiden must have made them for Brookstone

I followed the video and got the metal plate out. Bad news is, it looks like my rubber bands were still AOK. Then I read somewhere that someone tried upping their voltage and it worked. I switched mine up from 3 to 4.5 and magically the second winder started working. Sigh. It's a bear getting that plate out and trying to get it in the felt is getting damaged. Oh well...At least it's a learning experience.