We're Moving!

Click for more info.

TUNS Strap order arrived.

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
rockchalk06
MoT Member

TUNS Strap order arrived.

Post by rockchalk06 »

@cortman deal that was posted, was too good to pass up. With the discount code and TUNS own buy 3 get another discount, it was a good buy. 86 dollars US to my mailbox for 3 leather straps.

Big guys, you will want to check them out. I struggle all the time with leather straps not fitting the way I wish. I'm pushing 7 3/4" on my wrist and depending on the temp, time of day, BP or BS, it can go to 8" or drop a little below 7 3/4". I was excited to see I could custom make my own size. That was honestly what sealed the deal and made me take a shot. I also do not like a taper on my straps. None at all. I was allowed to keep the 22mm width all the way to the end. :D

I ordered the following straps:
1. Ostrich Brown leather watch strap
Width: Lugs 22- Buckle 20mm
Length: XL/XXL = 140 / 90mm
Style: Slim

This was for my Tissot Luxury Powermatic 80. It came on the Tissot brown strap with Tissot buckle. 22mm, that tapered to 20. I had to compromise with it tapering, to use the Tissot marked buckle. I think it looks sharp! It's just a tiny bit stiff, but I will be working in the leather to soften it up. Nothing like the factory strap.
T1.jpg
T2.jpg
T3.jpg
T4.jpg
2. Chromepak Horween sepia watch strap
Width: Lugs 22 -buckle 22mm
Style: Padding

This was for my Hamilton Khaki Field 42mm with Khaki/Tan dial. I had a Nomad strap on it, but it was just a tad too dark to match the dial. This matches better I think and it's a bit thinner. It's a bit stiffer than the Nomad. I love how it doesn't taper at all. Small buckle that will probably eventually be replaced with a Hamilton marked buckle.
H4.jpg
H3.jpg
H2.jpg
H1.jpg
3. Nubuck dark brown watch strap
Width: Lugs 22 -buckle 22mm
Style: Padding

This is for a new Hamilton I have coming next week. The darker brown will really look sharp against it's dial. I'll take a few pictures of it when the watch comes. This has a soft feel to the outer layer and not as stiff as the Chromepak one.
HH1.jpg
HH2.jpg
All 3 had quick release spring bars, hardware was solid and stitching looks good. Time will tell on durability though. Took 18 days from order to arrival. Not too bad for what I assume was made to order and then 1st Class shipping. Each band came in a nice plastic bag, packed in a gift box/envelope.
111.jpg
222.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: TUNS Strap order arrived.

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks for sharing and great review.
I still need to place an order myself, this just solidifies that need.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find