As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Looking For Big Heavy Bracelet

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
BruceR
MoT Member

Looking For Big Heavy Bracelet

Post by BruceR »

I'm looking for a thick, heavy, bracelet to go with this gun metal Favre Leuba Raider Harpoon. It's a beast. On leather this checks in at 186g. For some reason I want this to be a super heavy package, hence the heavy bracelet. Anyway, 24mm, and either black, gray, or gun metal, possibly brushed or bead-blasted steel.

I did buy what was supposed to be a 126g anthracite bracelet from watch-band-center.com but it was thinner and cheaper feeling than what I expected and weighed only 106g. Big disappointment.

Favre.jpeg
Favre.jpeg (66.81 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Looking For Big Heavy Bracelet

Post by CVP33 »

BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

I ended up ordering a black 24mm from Ali Express. The seller included a pic of the band on a scale: 174g. That's heavy. That's probably for the 26mm one so the one I ordered will be a bit lighter. I suspect the quality won't be great.

Ali1.JPG
Ali1.JPG (89.41 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Ali2.JPG
Ali2.JPG (103.43 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BruceR wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:39 am I ended up ordering a black 24mm from Ali Express. The seller included a pic of the band on a scale: 174g. That's heavy. That's probably for the 26mm one so the one I ordered will be a bit lighter. I suspect the quality won't be great.

Ali1.JPGAli2.JPG
Excited to see this bad boy all put together. My wrist hurts just thinking about it. :lol:
I wish that watch were 38mm?