We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by watchpalooza »

cheddar wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm Just got one of these myself, and it does seem as if the single-pass design with only a double-hole buckle is a design flaw. It needs either an elasticy-loop to tighten against the buckle or else a triple-hole buckle to keep the strap from loosening (or else you have to "permanently" stitch or fuse it, as noted above). I'm going to keep fiddling around to try to find another solution.
Replacing the stock buckle with a triple holed one does improve things...for me there was still some loosening because of the band’s elasticity, but definitely better.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote:
cheddar wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm Just got one of these myself, and it does seem as if the single-pass design with only a double-hole buckle is a design flaw. It needs either an elasticy-loop to tighten against the buckle or else a triple-hole buckle to keep the strap from loosening (or else you have to "permanently" stitch or fuse it, as noted above). I'm going to keep fiddling around to try to find another solution.
Replacing the stock buckle with a triple holed one does improve things...for me there was still some loosening because of the band’s elasticity, but definitely better.
Where did you find a triple holes strap slider? I haven’t been able to find any. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms. Could you post a picture?

It just occurred to me that I could just model and 3D print the appropriate slider.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:20 am
watchpalooza wrote:
Where did you find a triple holes strap slider? I haven’t been able to find any. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms. Could you post a picture?

It just occurred to me that I could just model and 3D print the appropriate slider.
You’ll never guess... https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... pring-bars

By the way I reported the issue and asked them to send me a couple of the premium perlon buckles.

EDIT: Got a response from Cheapestnatostaps:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The strap needs to sit tight to your wrist to lock properly. Please take a look at this video:

If you still does not like it I will have a new type of hardware that will lock the strap and make it possible to wear the strap looser. It sounds very similar to what you mean with the Adjustable perlon buckle.
Do you want me to send you that hardware when I have it in two weeks I can also send you the perlon puckle if you want or would you prefer to have your money back?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Post by DuckaDiesel »

Strapomarine from strapospheresg looks to be the same material but it is designed the same as the erikas strap.
It is also proper length. Here are some pictures on my 7 inch wrist. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

It looks like the strap works OK for Sophie and I believe her if she says she tested it for months.

I wonder if her lack of wrist hair is keeping the strap from coming loose. For those that have had loosening problems, how hairy are your wrists? It isn’t fair to ask a question like this without a picture or two:Image
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:55 pm It looks like the strap works OK for Sophie and I believe her if she says she tested it for months.

I wonder if her lack of wrist hair is keeping the strap from coming loose. For those that have had loosening problems, how hairy are your wrists? It isn’t fair to ask a question like this without a picture or two:Image
I cannot speak to the science of the wrist hair....but I can say that as always Sofie has stood behind her product and provided excellent customer service. I appreciate having people like her in the watch accessory business. I just bought 6 more watch bands from her and will continue to be a loyal customer.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:55 pm It looks like the strap works OK for Sophie and I believe her if she says she tested it for months.

I cannot speak to the science of the wrist hair....but I can say that as always Sofie has stood behind her product and provided excellent customer service. I appreciate having people like her in the watch accessory business. I just bought 6 more watch bands from her and will continue to be a loyal customer.
While I do work in research, I think that I know more about the science and more about crazy ideas. That is all my comment is at this point. As soon as I saw the video, this was the first thing to pop into my head.

I am a repeat Cheapest NATO Strap customer and Sofie is definitely a great member of the community. She even tolerates my nearly constant misspelling of her name. Her customer service has left nothing to be desired and I look forward to trying the straps myself to see if I have the same problem. I am sure that whatever happens that Sofie will stand by her products.
DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Post by DuckaDiesel »

Will she replace your watch if the strap fails?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I got mine in.

I really like the material, but the strap with the included slider is unusable for me. I put it on as tight as I could and it still loosened up enough where I felt the watch was unsecured within an hour.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. A customer shouldn't have to modify product or buy additional parts just to have it useable.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 am I got mine in.

I really like the material, but the strap with the included slider is unusable for me. I put it on as tight as I could and it still loosened up enough where I felt the watch was unsecured within an hour.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. A customer shouldn't have to modify product or buy additional parts just to have it useable.
If you email her she will send you a proper buckle that has an additional slot to loop the band through and lock it in place.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I am wondering if a second two-holed slider on the side opposite of the current slider would do the trick. Thoughts?

If MoT got his today, then mine may be waiting for me in my mailbox. Looking forward to seeing these and coming up with a fix if need be. However, I agree that a product shouldn’t need modification to work as intended.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

If you like the material but want a more conventional arrangement, consider these NATO style straps from George's Straps:

https://georgesstraps.com/products/mari ... atch-strap

I just placed an order after reading a favorable review here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/geor ... 55601.html

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

uvalaw2005 wrote:If you like the material but want a more conventional arrangement, consider these NATO style straps from George's Straps:

https://georgesstraps.com/products/mari ... atch-strap

I just placed an order after reading a favorable review here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/geor ... 55601.html

Just ordered one of these type for $10 after coupon on Ali Express.

Link
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

watchpalooza wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 am I got mine in.

If you email her she will send you a proper buckle that has an additional slot to loop the band through and lock it in place.
How would this new buckle work? I just got mine and I actually prefer the material to EO MN. CNS Paratrooper is softer and more elastic. But, I do agree that it’s not entirely secure. I took some side by side pics and as you can see adding one more hardware and one more stitching would make the Paratrooper a closed loop that’s more secure and probably wouldn’t add too much cost at the factory. I understand being a closed loop like EO MN you’d need to take the spring bar off to change strap but that can be solved by using quick change spring bars like the ones that came stock with my Certina DS PH200M.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk