We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by Sporkboy »

I have mine now. Tried this with a Bertucci A-1S and initially the tail was just loose and it did loosen up a bit. Running the tail under the fixed bars did the trick. This won’t work for every watch, but it is working great for me.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by watchpalooza »

EA-Sports wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:12 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 am I got mine in.

I really like the material, but the strap with the included slider is unusable for me. I put it on as tight as I could and it still loosened up enough where I felt the watch was unsecured within an hour.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. A customer shouldn't have to modify product or buy additional parts just to have it useable.
If you email her she will send you a proper buckle that has an additional slot to loop the band through and lock it in place.
How would this new buckle work? I just got mine and I actually prefer the material to EO MN. CNS Paratrooper is softer and more elastic. But, I do agree that it’s not entirely secure. I took some side by side pics and as you can see adding one more hardware and one more stitching would make the Paratrooper a closed loop that’s more secure and probably wouldn’t add too much cost at the factory. I understand being a closed loop like EO MN you’d need to take the spring bar off to change strap but that can be solved by using quick change spring bars like the ones that came stock with my Certina DS PH200M.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will work like a perlon strap buckle. It has an extra slot that permits the strap to be double-fed through to lock it in place. I love the PH200M, and it looks great on that strap.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Sporkboy wrote:I have mine now. Tried this with a Bertucci A-1S and initially the tail was just loose and it did loosen up a bit. Running the tail under the fixed bars did the trick. This won’t work for every watch, but it is working great for me.

I tried this and it worked well on my “hack”. It was a little difficult to get on, but stayed pretty tight.

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Nobody has mentioned Watch Steward straps yet—I've ordered one for my Bertucci A-2T and will report back when it arrives. Looks like it might be a good solution for watches with fixed bars, and the Bertucci has enough space at the lugs that it should fit through them, hardware and all. Someone on WUS seems to have managed it.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

larand wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 am Nobody has mentioned Watch Steward straps yet—I've ordered one for my Bertucci A-2T and will report back when it arrives. Looks like it might be a good solution for watches with fixed bars, and the Bertucci has enough space at the lugs that it should fit through them, hardware and all. Someone on WUS seems to have managed it.

I've one coming too. A Cadet Grey one to go on my Glycine. I'll report back too.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I'm pretty happy with my Ali Express version, especially considering the money vs the Erika's. Also not sure I'd like this new one or not.

Probably going to order a second Ali Express one with black hardware for some black cased watches.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

AndyS wrote:I'm pretty happy with my Ali Express version, especially considering the money vs the Erika's. Also not sure I'd like this new one or not.

Probably going to order a second Ali Express one with black hardware for some black cased watches.
I'm pretty happy with mine too except my 20mm was more 21mm.

Do you have a link for yours?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I have mine now. Tried this with a Bertucci A-1S and initially the tail was just loose and it did loosen up a bit. Running the tail under the fixed bars did the trick. This won’t work for every watch, but it is working great for me.

I tried this and it worked well on my “hack”. It was a little difficult to get on, but stayed pretty tight.

I am glad that this technique worked out for you.

I am using a CNS PT strap with my MWC G10 and the same technique worked without removing the bars. I did have to stretch the first pass through tight so that it was thin enough to allow the tail to pass through.

I did notice that the tail looked a little short, but I shifted the watch away from the hook and there is plenty of tail now. As stated before, if you are strangling your wrist a bit then it appears to hold well. This holds true for me, but your mileage may vary. I have been using this on a medium hairy wrist while lawn mowing jogging and chasing a small child around.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

gormless wrote:
AndyS wrote:I'm pretty happy with my Ali Express version, especially considering the money vs the Erika's. Also not sure I'd like this new one or not.

I've seen complaints about some widths not matching what was ordered. Mine is right on the 22mm that I ordered.

Unfortunately, the product link is dead now. I ordered it in December.
gormless
MoT Member

Post by gormless »

AndyS wrote:
gormless wrote:

I've seen complaints about some widths not matching what was ordered. Mine is right on the 22mm that I ordered.

Thanks. My 22 mm is fine too.

Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

gormless wrote:
AndyS wrote:
gormless wrote:I'm pretty happy with mine too except my 20mm was more 21mm.

Thanks. My 22 mm is fine too.

I don't have an Erika's as trap, but I am certainly happy with the AE straps in terms of elasticity, looks and function.

I have 3 different AE ones that I've ordered from 3 different sellers.

The first order was 20mm - got 21mm

The second was 22mm - got 22mm

The third was 20mm - got 21mm... again.

2 of the straps came from the same supplier, both incorrectly labelled, so probably not really the fault of the seller since they were factory sealed. All have been used, so no big deal.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

larand wrote:Nobody has mentioned Watch Steward straps yet—I've ordered one for my Bertucci A-2T and will report back when it arrives. Looks like it might be a good solution for watches with fixed bars, and the Bertucci has enough space at the lugs that it should fit through them, hardware and all. Someone on WUS seems to have managed it.

Well, that didn't work out. Despite what was claimed by someone on WUS, there's no way to cram it through the lugs of an A-2T. I suspected this might happen, so it'll probably end up on one of my other watches.

Meanwhile, back to square one with the Bertucci.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon. Some determined fiddling, and voilà! It's a bit tricky to fasten, and I won't be swapping it anytime soon, but I do like the look.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

larand wrote:
larand wrote:Nobody has mentioned Watch Steward straps yet—I've ordered one for my Bertucci A-2T and will report back when it arrives. Looks like it might be a good solution for watches with fixed bars, and the Bertucci has enough space at the lugs that it should fit through them, hardware and all. Someone on WUS seems to have managed it.

Well, that didn't work out. Despite what was claimed by someone on WUS, there's no way to cram it through the lugs of an A-2T. I suspected this might happen, so it'll probably end up on one of my other watches.

Meanwhile, back to square one with the Bertucci.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon. Some determined fiddling, and voilà! It's a bit tricky to fasten, and I won't be swapping it anytime soon, but I do like the look.

I think that one of these straps on a Bertucci is definitely a win in my book. I don’t have a resin Bertucci, but I am guessing that would make a really comfy combo.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Liking this combo:

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ILiveOnWacker wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:28 pm Liking this combo:

Great combination!
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr