We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by Animal Mother »

larand wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:31 pm
larand wrote:Nobody has mentioned Watch Steward straps yet—I've ordered one for my Bertucci A-2T and will report back when it arrives. Looks like it might be a good solution for watches with fixed bars, and the Bertucci has enough space at the lugs that it should fit through them, hardware and all. Someone on WUS seems to have managed it.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
Well, that didn't work out. Despite what was claimed by someone on WUS, there's no way to cram it through the lugs of an A-2T. I suspected this might happen, so it'll probably end up on one of my other watches.

Meanwhile, back to square one with the Bertucci.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon. Some determined fiddling, and voilà! It's a bit tricky to fasten, and I won't be swapping it anytime soon, but I do like the look.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

My Watch Steward review here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=878
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The replacement buckles arrived and they do solve the issues for me. The old one is on the left, the replacement on the right. As you can see the new ones have 4 slots, permitting the band to loop back through for more secure attachment. These stay securely in place without slipping....I am quite pleased.
0F656F32-F4C1-4CC8-99E8-24DFA3B826D9.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

watchpalooza wrote:The replacement buckles arrived and they do solve the issues for me. The old one is on the left, the replacement on the right. As you can see the new ones have 4 slots, permitting the band to loop back through for more secure attachment. These stay securely in place without slipping....I am quite pleased.
Nice! Which brand/site straps were these fixing again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

NapoleonDynamite wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:25 am
watchpalooza wrote:The replacement buckles arrived and they do solve the issues for me. The old one is on the left, the replacement on the right. As you can see the new ones have 4 slots, permitting the band to loop back through for more secure attachment. These stay securely in place without slipping....I am quite pleased.

Nice! Which brand/site straps were these fixing again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
^ See thread title
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I take it that these were replacements provided by Sofie at CNS. If so, I will have to contact her about this as the strap is currently uncomfortable for me to wear due to where I have to put the buckle in order to keep the end from being loose. Looks like this would really help.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 am

I take it that these were replacements provided by Sofie at CNS. If so, I will have to contact her about this as the strap is currently uncomfortable for me to wear due to where I have to put the buckle in order to keep the end from being loose. Looks like this would really help.
Yes, these were the replacements Sophie sent. Would definitely suggest to contact her.
Click Icon To Contact Me

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

watchpalooza wrote:

Yes, these were the replacements Sophie sent. Would definitely suggest to contact her.
Mine were shipped midweek so hopefully they are here soon. Can you post pics showing how to use the new buckle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:
Mine were shipped midweek so hopefully they are here soon. Can you post pics showing how to use the new buckle?

Will definitely reach out to Sofie about these.

It looks like the strap goes over the first two small holes from above, down through the 3rd, back up the 2nd and down through the 1st.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Sporkboy wrote:
ILiveOnWacker wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:

Will definitely reach out to Sofie about these.

It looks like the strap goes over the first two small holes from above, down through the 3rd, back up the 2nd and down through the 1st.
I’ll have to use my gps to get there!

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I did it this way...skip over the top two holes, then down through the third, then up through the second and down through the one closest to the watch. On this watch I also tucked the end under the spring bar and ran it behind the watch.
Click Icon To Contact Me

sh333
MoT Member

Post by sh333 »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:30 am I did it this way...skip over the top two holes, then down through the third, then up through the second and down through the one closest to the watch. On this watch I also tucked the end under the spring bar and ran it behind the watch.
Doesn't that method of doing it make it way too bulky on the wrist?
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

sh333 wrote:
watchpalooza wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:30 am I did it this way...skip over the top two holes, then down through the third, then up through the second and down through the one closest to the watch. On this watch I also tucked the end under the spring bar and ran it behind the watch.
I had the same issue when trying to tuck the end under the spring bar with the old hardware. I was hoping the new hardware would solve this problem and I wouldn’t need to tuck the end under the spring bar and I can trim the end so it’s not too long. We’ll find out in a few days when I receive the new hardware.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

EA-Sports wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm
sh333 wrote:
I had the same issue when trying to tuck the end under the spring bar with the old hardware. I was hoping the new hardware would solve this problem and I wouldn’t need to tuck the end under the spring bar and I can trim the end so it’s not too long. We’ll find out in a few days when I receive the new hardware.

Definitely solved with the new buckle. It is not necessary to tuck under the spring bar...I just did it to get it out of the way until I am sure I want to keep it on this watch and commit to cutting off the extra length.
Click Icon To Contact Me

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

watchpalooza wrote:
EA-Sports wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm
sh333 wrote:

Definitely solved with the new buckle. It is not necessary to tuck under the spring bar...I just did it to get it out of the way until I am sure I want to keep it on this watch and commit to cutting off the extra length.
Thanks for the pics. When you cut it, do you need to burn the edges so they don’t fray? Or will that light the whole thing on fire!?

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

See my thread about the pajama strap style for another option in this stretch strap genre. Basically a single pass NATO out of the parachute strap material. Including holes and a traditional buckle.

Going to order another one or two tonight before the AliExpress sale ends.