We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Screwdrivers?

Discussion area for watch books, tools and other related items.
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Re: Screwdrivers?

Post by Miggyd87 »

CigarCity wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:03 pm General screwdriver comment.

If I need a flat head today, I go to the tool box and all but one my screwdrivers are Phillips head and I spend 5 minutes trying to find the one flat head. If tomorrow I need a Phillips head, I go to the very same tool box and all of my screwdrivers have become flat heads and I spend 5 minutes trying to find one Phillips. Never fails. Some type of sorcery at work.
I keep the Phillips heads on the left of my box, and the flats on the right of my box.

Only time I don't get the correct one is when my wife touches my box....

Also I don't keep any of my watch tools in my standard tool box
ValueYourWatch.com
Brand Rep

Re: Screwdrivers?

Post by ValueYourWatch.com »

cheddar wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:41 pm
ValueYourWatch.com wrote:From a personal experience, any small screwdriver works. Esslinger is good but they dont last either. The tips break. I found teh most economic way is to get regular from a hardware store. If you are the first one who is adjusting the bracelet, you might have a harder time because they put some type of glue on the screw. It can be a pain to unscrew it.
The glue is usually purple loctite or the equivalent. If it’s too tough to unscrew try a heat gun or hot hair dryer on it for a minute or two — should loosen it up a bit.

Hardware precision sets often have small enough heads to work on bracelets, but you may need to get a watchmaker specialty set if you’re messing around with movement screws.
Yes, thats right. The purple substance is the culprit. The hot hair dryer is a great tip. Never thought about it. Thank you.