We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watch Magazines

Discussion area for watch books, tools and other related items.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Watch Magazines

Post by MoT »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:54 am
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 pm Nothing to add other than that's my new grail on the cover.
"Octo Finissimo Automatic watch with mechanical manufacture movement, automatic winding, platinum micro rotor and small seconds. BVL 138 caliber, 40 mm extra-thin satin-polished stainless steel case (6.40 mm thick), transparent case back, polished stainless steel screw-down crown set with ceramic insert, blue lacquered dial with sunburst finishing, integrated satin-polished stainless steel bracelet with folding clasp. Water-resistant up to 100 meters."

You could totally rock this Matt. I'll let Santa know what a good boy you've been this year.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 22.50.48.png
Thank you, I need all the help I can get. :D

Bulgari says the movement is 2.23mm thick and the watch 5.15mm. The view of the movement and the solid platinum micro-rotor is incredible:

Ok, I'll go back to dreaming and stop detailing your thread now. :lol:

(I do have an issue or two of the Christopher Ward magazine, and I agree, it is really well done.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

If you join HSNY ($100/year), they’ve started providing free subscriptions with membership. You get Hodinkee print and iW, EuropaStar, and GMT digital (so those three don’t meet above criteria).

Have heard that Lange and Patek will both send you very high quality annual catalogs. Don’t think they come out until mid-year, though.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Picked up the latest 2020-2021 Rolex Catalogue today from my local AD (Fourtane in Carmel-by-the-sea), and they had a new Tudor "Collector's Guide" featuring the Black Bay. It's only 16 pages, but it's in a full newspaper print style and size. Both are Pre-Watches & Wonders releases. Doesn't have a lot of content, but some nice big prints of BBs. Hey, it's free so the price is right.
PXL_20210418_020929007_r.jpg
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Landed_Alien wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:23 pm Picked up the latest 2020-2021 Rolex Catalogue today from my local AD (Fourtane in Carmel-by-the-sea), and they had a new Tudor "Collector's Guide" featuring the Black Bay. It's only 16 pages, but it's in a full newspaper print style and size. Both are Pre-Watches & Wonders releases. Doesn't have a lot of content, but some nice big prints of BBs. Hey, it's free so the price is right.
PXL_20210418_020929007_r.jpg
Did they have any of the new BB Chronos in?
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Stretch44 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 pm Did they have any of the new BB Chronos in?
Didn't see them. The only new Tudors I saw were the silver dialed BB 36/41.

They did however say they are remodeling soon to accommodate PP! I wonder if they've started their Nautilus wait-list yet.
zer

Post by zer »

Is there anyone here who's heard of/reads this: https://www.watches-news.com/ ?

I have only skimmed through the latest issue on their website. Looks like a great magazine. I'm waiting to hear back from them if there's a way to have it delivered to my door.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

zer wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:58 pm Is there anyone here who's heard of/reads this: https://www.watches-news.com/ ?

I have only skimmed through the latest issue on their website. Looks like a great magazine. I'm waiting to hear back from them if there's a way to have it delivered to my door.
It looks like they offer digital version for free here, https://www.watches-news.com/magazines/, but I agree; a physical copy would be nice.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
zer

Post by zer »

While not a watch magazine per se, this book has been an incredible read. It talks about each major brand in detail and showcases each of the brands most popular/influential models. It's focused mostly on high horology. The book is called The Watch by Gene Stone. I was gifted this particular copy a few years ago for my birthday!Image