We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Loresum Watches - LS01 Railway Map Inspired Automatic Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Loresum Watches - LS01 Railway Map Inspired Automatic Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Loresum Watches out of the UK & Hong Kong have launched their first collection, the railway map inspired LS01 automatic.

Jason Chan is the head designer and founder of Loresum. His first brand was JW Watch and he later joined the Behrens Original team as a designer for several of their watches.

48 Hour Special pricing through 4/26 is around $851
Super Early Bird pricing is around $877
Early Bird pricing is around $903
Kickstarter pricing is around $928
Regular price will be about $1,779

Estimated delivery is November 2021

The LS01 is available in three colorways - blue, rose gold, or black.

FEATURES:

SPECS:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Loresum Watches - LS01 Railway Map Inspired Automatic Collection **48 Hour Special Pricing**

Post by MoT »

This is pretty cool, I really like offbeat designs like this.

However, did they choose the name from placeholder text? "Lore(su)m ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua."
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Loresum Watches - LS01 Railway Map Inspired Automatic Collection **48 Hour Special Pricing**

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:21 pm This is pretty cool, I really like offbeat designs like this.

However, did they choose the name from placeholder text? "Lore(su)m ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua."

You are correct, sir!

Our name is derived from “lorem ipsum”, a common word used in graphic design. The term functions as a placeholder text in documents, webpages, typefaces, etc. before publication. It starts every stand-in paragraph. The word itself has no particular meaning; yet it visually appears to be a word with meaning. This is the beauty and appeal of “lorem ipsum” to the world of design. Its ability to accurately showcase the aesthetic value of a work without detracting from the form is something every designer must learn how to master. “Lorem ipsum” is the finishing touch of a good design and LORESUM aims to achieve that same standard of aesthetic completeness. We are a company oriented around design, striving to make completely original works of art for each and every watch lover.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:32 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:21 pm This is pretty cool, I really like offbeat designs like this.

You are correct, sir!

Our name is derived from “lorem ipsum”, a common word used in graphic design. The term functions as a placeholder text in documents, webpages, typefaces, etc. before publication. It starts every stand-in paragraph. The word itself has no particular meaning; yet it visually appears to be a word with meaning. This is the beauty and appeal of “lorem ipsum” to the world of design. Its ability to accurately showcase the aesthetic value of a work without detracting from the form is something every designer must learn how to master. “Lorem ipsum” is the finishing touch of a good design and LORESUM aims to achieve that same standard of aesthetic completeness. We are a company oriented around design, striving to make completely original works of art for each and every watch lover.
Fun read on the history of lorem ipsum: https://loremipsum.io/

"The 1914 Loeb Classical Library Edition ran out of room on page 34 for the Latin phrase “dolorem ipsum” (sorrow in itself). Thus, the truncated phrase leaves one page dangling with “do-”, while another begins with the now ubiquitous “lorem ipsum”.

Really cool watch, but I couldn't see that brand name without having flashbacks to every conversation with clients who didn't understand placeholder text. They were all variations on:

Them: Why is the page in a foreign language?
Me: It's just placeholder text. You haven't given me the actual copy yet.
T: Looks like Spanish to me.
M: It's Latin.
T: What does it say?
M: I don't know. It's just placeholder text every designer uses.
T: Looks like Spanish.
M: Definitely not Spanish.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Loresum Watches - LS01 Railway Map Inspired Automatic Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

50 backers pledged HK$ 313,613 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me