We're Moving!

Click for more info.

PREORDER : Brand Direct: Hemel Watches - The Microbrand Store x Hemel Airfoil Exclusive Edition

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

PREORDER : Brand Direct: Hemel Watches - The Microbrand Store x Hemel Airfoil Exclusive Edition

Post by TheJohnP »

Preorders have opened for a new Hemel Airfoil that's a cobranded exclusive to The Microbrand Store.
Saw this posted on Facebook by [mention]NeilCresswell[/mention], who runs The Microbrand Store.

https://microbrand.store/collections/he ... ve-edition

Preorder price is $499.99
Regular price is $529.99

These watches are being shipped to The Microbrand Store from Hemel, and they anticipate receiving them around July 15th.

This release is a cobranded collaboration with Hemel and based around the Hemel Airfoil series. These vintage military themed chronos feature a classic black and white panda dial, (actually with a very subtle hint of cream to add to the vintage vibe,) full reverse lume in Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 blue, and my favorite hand-wound movement (with swan neck regulator) you can really enjoy with an exhibition case back. Of course we're also including some goodies from The Microbrand Store - our top grain nubuck leather watch travel case, our spring bar tool, and our microfiber cleaning cloth.

Specs:

- Reference: Hemel Airfoil Full Lume BGW9 Panda Exclusive Edition.
- Exclusive Edition: Only available from The Microbrand Store™.
- Complications: Mechanical column wheel chronograph with swan neck regulator.
- Color Scheme: Traditional black and white panda dial (actually the barest hint of cream for a more vintage vibe) with matching black bezel. The dial is fully lumed, as are all hands and bezel markings, all containing BGW9, which glows blue.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Lug to Lug Length: 49mm.
- Height: 13.4mm.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel with signed crown.
- Case Back: Screw-down exhibition case back in 316L stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Full reverse lume dial, with styling based on 1970s British military pilot watches. The left sub-dial shows current seconds, and the right sub-dial shows the minute timer for the chronograph function.
- Dial Glass: Double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, featuring a contoured magnifying edge reminiscent of vintage hesalite crystal appropriate for the vintage styling of this timepiece.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional scratch resistant gloss ceramic bezel with lumed 12 hour indices.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 lume. This glows a strong blue in the dark when charged.
- Straps Included: A pair of light tan brown 22mm genuine leather straps with white stitching and double-signed steel buckle.
- Additional Items: The Microbrand Store is also including an accessory package consisting of a top grain nubuck leather travel case for the watch, spring bar tool for strap changes, and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Movement: 19 jewel Seagull ST1901 hand-wound decorated movement with blued screws, featuring a swan neck regulator for easier and more accurate regulation adjustments to improve the accuracy of the timepiece.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: No.
- Power Reserve: 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER : Brand Direct: Hemel Watches - The Microbrand Store x Hemel Airfoil Exclusive Edition

Post by TheJohnP »

The Microbrand Store exclusive edition of the Hemel Airfoil recently won first place in the latest Lume Wars 8 episode at Just One More Watch, beating out some stiff competition from many strong contenders, including offerings from mainstream brands such as Rolex and Seiko, and microbrands that are well known for their lume such as a Zelos dive watch with X1 grade Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and a Swiss Watch Company timepiece with no less than twenty layers of Swiss Super-LumiNova lume.

The Microbrand Store has received all their remaining Exclusive Edition stock and are ready to start shipping.
Orders will finally open on Sunday, August 22nd.

https://microbrand.store/collections/he ... 0882922672

Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER : Brand Direct: Hemel Watches - The Microbrand Store x Hemel Airfoil Exclusive Edition

Post by TheJohnP »

From The Microbrand Store:

You asked, and we listened, and we're really grateful to Hemel for stepping up to help out too. From now until the 10th September, (roughly a two week window,) we’ll be running open pre-orders for anyone who missed out and wants to sign up for one of these timepieces. After the 10th, we’ll be placing a production order based upon the initial demand plus a small additional quantity, which can then be reserved past the 10th until they're all spoken for.

Here's a review from Just One More Watch:

[bbvideo]https://youtu.be/4GzENc_15qg[/bbvideo]
Click Icon To Contact Me