We're Moving!

Click for more info.

UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Ikigai Wathes, out of Kuala Lumpur, have launched their first Kickstarter with their debut collection, the Kazan, a 200m dive watch inspired by the crater of a volcano.

Super Early Bird pricing is around $285
Early Bird pricing is around $295
Kickstarter pricing is around $326
Regular price will be $425

Estimated delivery is December 2021

Kazan is the Japanese word for volcano, thus the whole design and concept of the Kazan was inspired by its namesake; volcanoes. At Ikigai Watches, we aim to stay as close as possible to our inspiration through the designs of our watches. A lot of our budget went into CNC trial and error for the Kazan where we try to replicate the slopes of a volcano with the case of the Kazan without compromising its aesthetics.

The Kazan is available in four colorways, paired with the four elements - Water, Earth, Fire, Air.

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

For those interested in this watch, I've actually reviewed one of the prototypes on my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/6m1q4sm2fb8

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

Post by watchpalooza »

That is chonky! Used to be a case like that was considered undesirable….but that of course was before it was “based on a volcano”.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

UNSUCCESSFUL

The project's funding goal was not reached on Wed, September 22 2021 10:00 AM EDT
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Ikigai Watches - Kazan 200m Dive Watch Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Update from the creator about the campaign and next steps for the brand:

Future of Kazan & Ikigai

IKIGAI WATCHES
September 21, 2021
Good day to all you lovely people,

There are 12 hours left till the campaign ends and the Kazan is far from being successfully backed. Our sincere apologies to those of you who were excited to wear the Kazan on your wrist by the end of this year. As this is our first campaign, many mistakes were made... mainly the way we allocated our budget and overlooking the importance on how advertising can be. We thought that our pre marketing and organic traffic was enough to help us get funded in the first few days from what we have seen done by established brand in the market. But being established and being new does hold a significant difference. The Kazan will be back around mid to end of next year with an all new design to the dial and bezel as well as some improvements on the case dimensions.

Meanwhile, we will be releasing a new dive watch named the Maru roughly around January next year. This time, we will make things right from the lessons we learned through this campaign. We will schedule everything better so we can send more samples out to your favourite reviewers. More budget will be allocated to advertising for the campaign and also, working with established Kickstarter marketing agencies. We designed the Maru and Kazan at the same time and decided to release the Kazan first. From the feedback of Kazan's design, we have made all the necessary changes to the Maru's design and are excited to show it to the world. Just like the Kazan, the Maru also features a unique set of design and story behind but this time, not overlooking any functions that a dive watch should have.

If you would like to be one of the first few to check out the Maru's renderings, you may email me at auscar@ikigaiwatches.com ,we can just have a casual chat and I will also show you what we have so far with the Maru.

For more updates on our future projects, you may sign up to our newsletter at https://ikigaiwatches.com/

Once again, thank you all for this incredible journey. I will always be thankful for your support and sincerely sorry that we are unable to get this campaign funded. We will be back again! More experienced, better prepared and greater designs.

Take care and stay safe!

Auscar
Click Icon To Contact Me