We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Vertigo Watches - Hippocampus Compressor Style Dive Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Vertigo Watches - Hippocampus Compressor Style Dive Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Vertigo Watches, out of Rome, have launched their latest Kickstarter for their new compressor style diver collection, the Hippocampus.
This is their seventh campaign, four have funded and two were unsuccessful.

Kickstarter pricing is around $420
Regular pricing will be about $705

Estimated delivery is July 2022

Upon reaching funding goal, all Hippocampus will receive:
- Black tropic style band with Vertigo Watches branded buckle
- Leather strap, Vertigo Watches branded, in the same color as the chosen dial
- Jubilee bracelet in steel with branded Vertigo Watches clasp

The Hippocampus is available in three colorways - blue, brown, or green

The ancient Greeks and Romans believed seahorse was an attribute of the sea god Poseidon / Neptune and, as such, the seahorse was considered a symbol of strength and power.

And as a symbol of strength, power, good omen and to pay homage to our Mediterranean origins, Vertigo Watches has created a modern tribute to this being that populates our seas.

Changes from the prototypes:

- Six layers of luminescent material will be applied to the final product.
- The width of the minute hand in the final product will be slightly increased, thus to apply more luminescent material.

Specs:

- Movement: Miyota 9039
- Case: stainless steel 316L;
- Diameter: 39 mm
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Lug to lug: 46 mm
- Bezel: bidirectional inner bezel
- Crown: crown at 4 o'clock is screwed down, the crown at 2 o'clock is not
- Caseback: screw down with bas-relief machining which reproduces the Hippocampus
- Crystal: domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Indexes: inner bezel and logo treated with Swiss Luminova C3
- Hands: Swiss Luminova BGW9
- Bracelet: stainless mesh bracelet
- Water Resistant 30 ATM (300 meters)
- Warranty 30 months for Italy, 2 Years in EU, 1 Year rest of the world
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Vertigo Watches - Hippocampus Compressor Style Dive Collection

Post by Boourns »

These look great. I feel like maybe they'd look even better without the numerals on the indices. And I generally prefer numeral indices.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Vertigo Watches - Hippocampus Compressor Style Dive Collection

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

These look really good. Especially at the Kickstarter price.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

These look exceptional to me, and I am in for a brown one. After a very good first launch day, they only need 8 more backers to fully fund. I like also that they ship from within the EU…meaning for once I won’t incur import taxes.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Robotaz
MoT Member

PREORDER: Kickstarter: Vertigo Watches - Hippocampus Compressor Style Dive Collection

Post by Robotaz »

Neat watches. Really!

I’d scale the printing on the inner bezel down some though. Looks like one could reduce the bezel font to the size of the numerals in the dial markers and it would clean up the look a lot. But the bezel is big and i see they’re trying not to leave it looking like it has a void of unused space. The bezel, to me, is grabbing more attention than that beautiful dial.

While I actually like the aged lume effect, I do think the bezel print and dial marker lume should be the same color, too.

But, wow, what a great job by the creators!
Whoa

Post by Whoa »

It's pretty nice! There's some real depth to the dial! The green is cool [emoji41]

Sendt fra min SM-G960F med Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:27 am Neat watches. Really!

I’d scale the printing on the inner bezel down some though. Looks like one could reduce the bezel font to the size of the numerals in the dial markers and it would clean up the look a lot. But the bezel is big and i see they’re trying not to leave it looking like it has a void of unused space. The bezel, to me, is grabbing more attention than that beautiful dial.

While I actually like the aged lume effect, I do think the bezel print and dial marker lume should be the same color, too.

But, wow, what a great job by the creators!
This is great feedback…I have shared with the creator Andrea. He also mentions that “the width of the minute hand in the final product will be slightly increased to apply more luminescent material”, and “the crown at 4 o'clock is screwed down, the crown at 2 o'clock is not screwed down because it is not a removable crown and is protected by several gaskets.”

Update, Andrea also replied:
13FA5247-7B87-49F9-A2A0-C513F396A39F.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
VertigoWatches
Has thanked: 0

Post by VertigoWatches »

Good evening everyone,
as promised, I will step in to say hello to you, these are very busy days.
Just today I have achieved our funding goal, and now we have to reach the various stretch goals.
For any information I am available.
Andrea Crognale
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

VertigoWatches wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 am Good evening everyone,
Just today I have achieved our funding goal, and now we have to reach the various stretch goals.
Andrea Crognale
Benvenuto, Andrea!

Thank you for joining. You have an exciting watch, and on behalf of everyone here at ManOnTime, I wish you the best of luck with reaching all of your stretch goals.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

VertigoWatches wrote:Good evening everyone,
Andrea Crognale
Congratulations on the successful Kickstarter.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I know @peskydonut can speak to the quality of Vertigo as he owns a previous model.

I believe he interacted with @VertigoWatches before and had nice things to say with working with him.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm I know @peskydonut can speak to the quality of Vertigo as he owns a previous model.

I believe he interacted with @VertigoWatches before and had nice things to say with working with him.
Yes, I have the Vertigo Tornante and am very pleased with it. Before purchasing, I reached out to Andrea on WUS to see if he can share some real life photos. He was friendly and responded quickly with some photos. Overall very happy with how things went.

Edit: Just went through my message history and realized that I asked Andrea a whole bunch of questions like "do you think it'll fit a 6.75" wrist, are you planning any sales, etc." He was always very helpful and quick to respond, so excellent customer service in my opinion!

Living a comeback montage.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

SO. This project reached its funding goal in 3 days. The maker posted an update that although this is great, he hoped that they would get more backers to help to make him cashflow positive. Meantime, many backers started asking about the stretch goals (which had not been posted initially).

The creator posted a second update on the 13th stating the stretch goals:
Notice:

Upon reaching the funding objective, the campaign will include objectives which, upon reaching them, will enrich the kit of the watch with:

Black tropic style band with Vertigo Watches branded buckle;
Leather strap, Vertigo Watches branded, in the same color as the chosen dial;
Jubilee bracelet in steel with branded Vertigo Watches clasp.
The levels of the various additional objectives will be communicated during the ongoing campaign.
He then posted three updates showing each of the color-matched leather straps:

This is where it gets interesting. Another update arrived this morning stating that all backers will automatically receive ALL the stretch goals, regardless of whether the goals are met or not. This means everyone gets a mesh bracelet, a jubilee bracelet, a black tropic style strap AND a color-matched leather strap. Wow.
05E352F9-8803-455D-81AF-E7D10BB2AC24.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

watchpalooza wrote:SO. This project reached its funding goal in 3 days. The maker posted an update that although this is great, he hoped that they would get more backers to help to make him cashflow positive. Meantime, many backers started asking about the stretch goals (which had not been posted initially).

Notice:

Upon reaching the funding objective, the campaign will include objectives which, upon reaching them, will enrich the kit of the watch with:

The levels of the various additional objectives will be communicated during the ongoing campaign.

This is where it gets interesting. Another update arrived this morning stating that all backers will automatically receive ALL the stretch goals, regardless of whether the goals are met or not. This means everyone gets a mesh bracelet, a jubilee bracelet, a black tropic style strap AND a color-matched leather strap. Wow.
Maybe it's just me being skeptical, but this almost sounds too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong though.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

HonestWatchReviews wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 am
watchpalooza wrote:SO. This project reached its funding goal in 3 days. The maker posted an update that although this is great, he hoped that they would get more backers to help to make him cashflow positive. Meantime, many backers started asking about the stretch goals (which had not been posted initially).

Notice:

Maybe it's just me being skeptical, but this almost sounds too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong though.

Given his reputation, I am fairly certain Andrea will deliver on his end. But let us see.
Click Icon To Contact Me