We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Atelier Caradant - Automatic watches with unique hand-crafted paper dials.

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Atelier Caradant - Automatic watches with unique hand-crafted paper dials.

Post by TheJohnP »

This one looks to be another fun one that I would recommend and back if I had the $$ at the moment.

Atelier Caradant, out of France, are offering an opportunity to customize and personalize an automatic watch with unique hand-crafted paper dials.

First 10 backers pledge pricing was around $353 SOLD OUT
Second 20 backers pledge pricing was around $404 SOLD OUT
Third 30 backers pledge pricing is around $455
Kickstarter pricing is around $480
Regular pricing will be about $505

Estimated delivery is December 2022

At Atelier Caradant, we believe that each person is unique, and that your watch should reflect this reality. We therefore offer to be an actor in the design and manufacturing stages.

To enable this approach, we use an unconventional material in watchmaking to cover the dial and the oscillating weight: paper.

Applied on a classic bare brass dial, it offers 0.4 mm of available height to work on one or more layers of paper, treated using traditional techniques (airbrush, watercolour, etc.), or innovative (laser cutting and engraving).

- Signature watches: this is already finished creations, designed to the end according to our inspirations and available for direct sale (in stock). It will be possible to choose your strap and add an engraving a caseback insert.
- Half-measure: 3 universes are offered at the beginning of this adventure to guide you (many others will come later). These are aesthetic bases and on which you can choose one or more colors, the hands, the strap, the patterns and the engravings.
- Tailor-made: you are tutored and advised in your watchmaking project. It is a service on quotation.

The "3 universes" to pick from for either Signature or Half-Measure:

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Atelier Caradant - Automatic watches with unique hand-crafted paper dials.

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was

SUCCESSFUL

57 backers pledged €21,044 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find