We're Moving!

Click for more info.

PREORDER: Kickstarter: Horizon Watches - The Pilgrim Collection, Inspired by Jules Verne's Un Capitaine de Quinze Ans

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

PREORDER: Kickstarter: Horizon Watches - The Pilgrim Collection, Inspired by Jules Verne's Un Capitaine de Quinze Ans

Post by TheJohnP »

Horizon Watches, out of Singapore, have launched their latest Kickstarter for their new collection, The Pilgrim. The super compressor diver is inspired by Jules Verne's book, Un Capitaine de Quinze Ans.

Though this is their second campaign, it is already fully funded, as was their previous one.

Kickstarter pricing is around $565
Regular price will be $899

Estimated delivery is October 2023

Fred Bekher started his watch design career almost a decade ago. Bekher considers himself fortunate to count the pioneers of microbrand watches – notably, Zelos – as brands that he has worked with. Friends and people who have worked with Bekher would sum him up as a man of details. To date, Bekher has built quite a sizeable portfolio. In 2021, Bekher was finally ready to step out of the shadows to launch his own venture, Horizon Watches, with Sugiharto Kusumadi, founder of watch retailer, Red Army Watches.

The Pilgrim is the continuation of the Jules Verne story that has been the inspiration for our designs. First published in 1878, Un Capitaine de Quinze Ans (A Captain at Fifteen) is an adventure that follows the voyages of Pilgrim, a whaler, across the Pacific. The protagonist is a fifteen year-old crew who is tasked to be the captain of the ship when disaster strikes. Imagine being fifteen and the fate of the ship you are on is handed over to you. In Jules Verne’s universe, that is a recipe for an action-packed adventure. As the story unfolds, one can find common life themes such as bravery, sufferings and fights for freedom.

The Pilgrim is available in four colorways - Black Ocean, Blue Ocean, Green Ocean, and Young Captain Edition

Specs:

- Case: 316L stainless steel with both brushed and polished finishing
- Bezel: Inner rotating bezel filled with SuperLuminova (old radium/BGW9)
- Crystal: Boxed sapphire with internal 3 layers of anti-reflective coating
- Dial: Embossed sandblasted textured dial, polished applied indices with SuperLuminova (old radium lume/BGW9)
- Movement: SW200-1a automatic with customised date disc
- Water resistance: 20ATM/200metres
- Hand: Polished handset, filled with SuperLuminova (old radium lume/BGW9)
- Caseback: Screw-down close caseback with engraved graphic
- Strap: FKM rubber strap (Green, Blue and Black) with customised stainless steel buckle with logo

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find