We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Good things come to those who wait - a group funded/preorder pic thread

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Good things come to those who wait - a group funded/preorder pic thread

Post by watchpalooza »

45FA9D3D-D892-447D-B4E2-9A69E2D55EC1.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 pm 45FA9D3D-D892-447D-B4E2-9A69E2D55EC1.jpeg

That is a fun one.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm Image
HI- I was wondering if you got to resizing it ? I was really struggling to get the pins out, i have resized seiko's before and also chrward , but this one has no direction marked on the bracelet to know how to push out the rods to reduce the number links -- Thanks !
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

joelf15 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:41 pm
HI- I was wondering if you got to resizing it ? I was really struggling to get the pins out, i have resized seiko's before and also chrward , but this one has no direction marked on the bracelet to know how to push out the rods to reduce the number links -- Thanks !
If it's the H2, I saw this from Hamtun:

http://help.hamtun.co/en/articles/3049129-kraken-h2

Adjusting the bracelet
The Kraken H2 bracelet uses a combination of screws and pins. Internal links use hidden pins, adjustable links use single ended screws.

Use a 1mm screwdriver to remove links that you do not need. You can only remove links that will not damage the bracelet, so do not worry about removing screws to adjust it.

It is recommended to try to remove links evenly (or close to evenly) from each side of the bracelet so that the strap stays even. Some people find it slightly more comfortable to remove around 2 thirds from the end of the bracelet that attaches to the bottom of the watch and 1 third from the end that attaches to the top. Do what works for you.
Click Icon To Contact Me

joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

TheJohnP wrote:

Adjusting the bracelet
The Kraken H2 bracelet uses a combination of screws and pins. Internal links use hidden pins, adjustable links use single ended screws.

Use a 1mm screwdriver to remove links that you do not need. You can only remove links that will not damage the bracelet, so do not worry about removing screws to adjust it.

It is recommended to try to remove links evenly (or close to evenly) from each side of the bracelet so that the strap stays even. Some people find it slightly more comfortable to remove around 2 thirds from the end of the bracelet that attaches to the bottom of the watch and 1 third from the end that attaches to the top. Do what works for you.
Thanks I tried that link, the video is blocked and doesn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

joelf15 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:35 pm
TheJohnP wrote:

Adjusting the bracelet

Thanks I tried that link, the video is blocked and doesn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy cow don't try to push any rods out! They're not rods but screws! Look on one side of the bracelet -- you'll see a teeny tiny flathead screw head. Use a 1mm screwdriver to unscrew the pins, then pull them out. :)
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

So I FINALLY got my Hamtun H2 meteorite. I previously ordered an Nh35 in yellow and, while I liked the dial, was disappointed with the execution of the rest of the watch.
I was afraid the meteorite wasn't ever going to come, since it's been more than a year since the project was funded, and there have been riots in Taiwan, a global pandemic, and the company's owner had a tragic death in the family. And, of course, Ross hasn't been the best with communication. I actually got a little perturbed with him on the forum (which feels like the only way you can get him to take you seriously). More than a month in transit from Britain and here it is.

I really like it. (Unfortunately?)
The matte ceramic bezel insert is really nice. The action is much better than on my yellow. The bracelet is better machined than on my yellow. And the dial is gorgeous. Lots of really cool meteorite detail, and even a bit of sparkle in the right light.
I was sure this was going to be a flip to add to a fund to buy an upmarket watch (I'm starting to have my eye on either a Monta Atlas in blue, or really saving up for an Omega AT Skyfall). Now, I'm not sure if I'll be ready to part with it any time soon.
20200511_194448.jpg
20200511_194500.jpg
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

I don't own any Hamtuns and I have never really been a fan of meteorite dials,* but that is a very nice watch indeed. All of the colours and elements work well together. Just a solid design.

*not really against them - they don't light my fire, but they don't pee on it either.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Almost forgot I started this thread with this very watch in mind.
Only a matter of time before I post it here.

Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am Almost forgot I started this thread with this very watch in mind.

Very, very cool! Add another very if you're rocking number 150 of 150. Such an interesting watch. Really happy for you. Enjoy it man!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:18 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am Almost forgot I started this thread with this very watch in mind.

Very, very cool! Add another very if you're rocking number 150 of 150. Such an interesting watch. Really happy for you. Enjoy it man!
Wasn't expecting the last of that run.
Very cool indeed!
Click Icon To Contact Me

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Breathtaking! Enjoy in good health!
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

The Fanos arrived!

Quick and dirty phone pics, but initial impressions are positive. I'm not sure if the 9 marker is juuuust misaligned, but will inspect more closely later.

The canvas roll is a darker green in person.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FANOS Watches

Post by FANOS Watches »

Hope you like it Baldrick,

The watch looks at its best on the rubber band in my opinion.

Let us know if you wear your watches on rubber (not sure from post history) and we’ll send you one once our post-KS inventory comes in (and ship out Matt’s watch as well!)

Cheers!

baldrick wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am The Fanos arrived!

Quick and dirty phone pics, but initial impressions are positive. I'm not sure if the 9 marker is juuuust misaligned, but will inspect more closely later.

Caesar from FANOS Watches
baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

FANOS Watches wrote:Hope you like it Baldrick,

The watch looks at its best on the rubber band in my opinion.

Let us know if you wear your watches on rubber (not sure from post history) and we’ll send you one once our post-KS inventory comes in (and ship out Matt’s watch as well!)

Cheers!

baldrick wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am The Fanos arrived!

Hi, sorry for the late response. To my shame I actually haven't sized the bracelet yet - work was busy then managed to pick up COVID (excellent timing just before Christmas!).

Planning on sorting it this week so will post some wrist shots soon.

I do wear divers on rubber - got on my C60 on black rubber as I type - so would be delighted to receive a band. That's a very kind offer, thank you!