We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2020 Deal Standings

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: 2020 Deal Standings

Post by PetWatch »

The 2020 Deal Standings come to a close with a month high 555 deals in Dec. for a total of 4476 deals posted . 2020 saw an average of 89 brands a month from an avg. of 79 retailers posted by an avg. of 53 members for an avg. savings of 61.2%. Impressive numbers in a difficult year that has seen a world wide pandemic wreck finances and lives.

Reminder, these statistics are compiled from the monthly Top 10 statistics published by MoT every month. The official end of year results will be published by MoT using complete data for the year.

The #1, the El Primero Deal Posting member is non other The Sensationally Amazing 2019 and now 2020 Grand Champion - The JohnP. Another AWESOME performance by the Deal Master. The only one to post over 1000 deals in a year, posting 2.2 times more deals this year then the second place deal posting member.

Speaking of which, flypanam, showed up late in the year to put on a spectacular show. In the blink of an eye he flew by the rest of the top ten like they were standing still to capture the Monthly Top Deal Poster spot for the last two months. With a fascinating display of deals he made an astonishing move into a clear second place spot for the year. A new champion in the making? A challenger to the peerless, preeminet Grand Champion, The JohnP?

In third place we have a very special, dazzling deal hunter who doesn't show up very often but when he does he is second to none. The one and only, the inimitable cairoanan.

Congrats to all, Top 10 for the Year, for the Month, to Everyone who posts “A” Deal.

Every Deal is a Big Deal to someone.

Top 10 Deal Posters

1069 - TheJohnP
325 – flypanam
235 – cairoanan
199 – Stretch44
193 - watchpalooza
191 – BostonCharlie
178 – pgcity
174 - The Sultan of SoWhat
124 – nicegator
112 - PetWatch

Top 10 Deal Brands

With another repeat performance, the Fabulous One, the One that captures hearts and minds and in particular the wrist of all Deal Hunters, the Ever present Dahling - Seiko.

357 – Seiko
276 – Casio
275 – Hamilton
261 – Citizen
190 – Tissot
152 – Alpina
144 – Glycine - Bulova
134 - Timex
106 – Ball

Top 10 Retailers

And yet another repeat performer, tighter than a 5% deal these days, but in possession of boundless horologic abundance to stay on top, everyone's favorite hunting grounds - Ebay.

408 – Ebay
387 – Jomashop
322 – Ashford
309 – Amazon
235 – River Edge Jewelers
218 – Nordstrom Rack
159 – Drop
95 --- Gemnation
86 --- Macy's
45 --- Discountwatchstore

The Biggest % Discount Brand

To complete the parade of Repeat Champions you need look no further than The Largest “Discount”, that's in quotations, brand, for those who must absolutely have the max price drop “Blowout”, that's in quotations, deal, the vanishing price master of illusion - Invicta!

3 – Invicta
2 - Montegrappa IDFOWALJ

This wraps it up for the Top 2020 standings. Congrats and thank you to all who participated.

This is likely the last of it from me.. I don't plan to contnue it, feel free to carry on. Small possibility of a quarterly update. Will see how I feel then.

Let the Deal Games continue.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: 2020 Deal Standings

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks for all the hard work [mention]PetWatch[/mention]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine