We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Greentoe "name your price" Successes & Failures

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Greentoe Watch Listings Here

What is Greentoe? I don't exactly know, but this is what they say about themselves:
greentoe.png
Does it work? So far, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] has had this positive experience, picking up a Seiko STO Samurai for $168:

Link to the deal. (Interesting to note that while this linked page shows yinz's price, their own organic listing here does not. Also interesting to note that "yinz" is Pennsylvanian for "y'all," -- did not know that :) .)
https://www.greentoe.com/product/Seiko_ ... 01q8tRqQAI

I wasn't planning to create a Greentoe topic, but I discovered something interesting. Their watch page includes a price slider, and if you set the max price to $170, the above Samurai appears in the results. This seems like a tell you could use when figuring out what price to offer.

For example, messing with the sliders I was able to estimate their Bulova A-15 at about $350.

Funny thing: when I googled the A-15 model number, Greentoe had a Google ad for $358 (Jomashop: $347). Would they accept something lower?

So I googled yinzburgher's STO deal, and sure enough: there is his price in a Google ad from Greentoe. It's like he has hacked the internet, lol.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: Greentoe "name your price" Successes & Failures

Post by BATMAN »

Pretty insane price for the samurai

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

Last edited by dumpweed on Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

If you search via https://shopping.google.com , the results include greentoe, example:

https://tinyurl.com/ycswkg93
Last edited by dumpweed on Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Their business model reminds me of the Massgenie experience some of us had a couple of years ago.
beefyt
MoT Member

Post by beefyt »

A week or two ago I really wanted a Safarnie, SNJ029.
Greentoe had the only <$300 price at $265 displayed. Wanting to do my research, I slept on it, woke up the next day and that price was gone - replaced with a box to make an offer. I spent a week modifying my price, trying to beat the $295 counter offer that I received.
(Unreasonably) frustrated that I couldn't recreate a deal, I ended up spending a few extra bucks and buying from a WUS seller. Arrived this morning - stoked to own it.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

HERE IS A LINK to a Google Shopping search of Seiko watches on Greentoe. I didn't sort by price because unfortunately some listings get omitted when you do that......a frustrating quirk of Google Shopping. The prices should all be listed though. When I click through to Greentoe, I sometimes see the price and sometimes see the "NAME YOUR PRICE" function. I'm guessing you can just offer the price that you see listed on Google Shopping and it should be accepted. No other Prospex deals are quite as good as the STO Samurai but the prices certainly aren't bad at all. The other Seiko that tempts me is the grey dial SRPE51 DressKX at $147.

And here is some more info about "Pittsburghese".
Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Elkins45 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:47 am Their business model reminds me of the Massgenie experience some of us had a couple of years ago.
I also worry about seeing the kind of drop-shipper experiences we saw with the Jet+Ergode episode. Greentoe might land in the risk/reward quadrant where angels fear to tread, lol.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

I've got a tracking number already. Won't be here until the 24th. Will report back when I get it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by peskydonut on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living a comeback montage.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:47 am Their business model reminds me of the Massgenie experience some of us had a couple of years ago.
I also worry about seeing the kind of drop-shipper experiences we saw with the Jet+Ergode episode. Greentoe might land in the risk/reward quadrant where angels fear to tread, lol.
Lol I had forgotten the name Ergode. They had a chunk of my money for a few days before Jet slapped their wrist. I haven’t been back to Jet since. Interestingly, I just tried to access Jet.com and it took me to the Walmart site. Benton like must have pulled the plug on Jet.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:31 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:12 pm
Lol I had forgotten the name Ergode. They had a chunk of my money for a few days before Jet slapped their wrist. I haven’t been back to Jet since. Interestingly, I just tried to access Jet.com and it took me to the Walmart site. Benton like must have pulled the plug on Jet.
Walmart pulled the plug on Jet back around May.

https://marker.medium.com/why-walmarts- ... d7cce32c61
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

The original STO Samurai link posted by yinzburgher isn't showing me his $168 price anymore. But when I google SRPC93 I see a Greentoe ad showing $168. When I click on this ad I still don't get the price -- I just get the "Enter Your Price" field.

Searching Google Shopping also brings it up. Google's listing says: "price drop ... was $264.13." Searching a different Greentoe model does not show that. This makes me think that yinzburgher's accepted offer is the source of the price drop, and that their other prices we discovered are their "buy now" prices.
greentoe.jpg
WorthTheWrist
MoT Member

Re: Greentoe

Post by WorthTheWrist »

dumpweed wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 am BBB review

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco ... 116-531781
I had a smooth, easy transaction with them a couple of weeks ago on a Seiko SRPE60K1 for $170.
DrChimRichalds
MoT Member

Post by DrChimRichalds »

I just got notified that I'll be getting a refund for the STO purchase for $168 because it was sold out. Hopefully I'm the only one.