We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Anyone heard of this watch movement?

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
MoT Member

Post by cron »

Found what appears to be a good deal on a Gevril watch, however it has a "M39D6 Movement" which I never heard of. The watch is Swiss made so the movement must be as well. I googled and nothing comes up. I think it may be made by a company called Rueben and Sons who made another movement for Gevril. If it is them, I just read it being said they updated a 8215 movement and called it Swiss.

Wasn't sure where to ask this
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone heard of this watch movement?

Post by TheJohnP »

If not mistaken @BillionaireDoors has some familiarity on Gevril and their movements.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:32 am If not mistaken @BillionaireDoors has some familiarity on Gevril and their movements.
Gevril uses a variety of movements. The Ruben & Sons is a Swiss-ified Chinese movement, but they do a nice job of it and adjust it in several positions.

The one in question does appear to be a Miyota.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Adding to what BD said, the M39D6 is a base Miyota 8215. Details are on Caliber Corner: https://calibercorner.com/ruben-and-sons-caliber-md3g/

Challenge is that if you ever need to replace parts, you will have a hard time finding the R&S PVD version and will either have to live with using standard 8215 replacement parts that do not match, or replacing the full movement with a regular 8215.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT Member

Post by cron »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:04 am https://miyotamovement.com/product/9122/

Thanks for the info, the watch I'm actually looking at is the Lenox that is pictured on the case back of your photo. The movement looks like the 9122 which is Miyotas better 28800 movement, a similar version to the 9015 which is a great movement that I own already. Not sure how they get away with calling an updated Japanese movement Swiss but I guess it fits the Swiss guidelines. Thanks!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

cron wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:04 am https://miyotamovement.com/product/9122/

Thanks for the info, the watch I'm actually looking at is the Lenox that is pictured on the case back of your photo. The movement looks like the 9122 which is Miyotas better 28800 movement, a similar version to the 9015 which is a great movement that I own already. Not sure how they get away with calling an updated Japanese movement Swiss but I guess it fits the Swiss guidelines. Thanks!
The dial is like-for-like with the 9122, but it seems like the rotor attachment screws, the rotor itself, and the regulation markings are consistent as well. I cannot read the jewel count on the Gevril rotor, but I’d say that would seal it if you can find that.

Rotor says Swiss Made. Maybe Gevril had LJ-P work it over somehow and they can call it Swiss?