We're Moving!

Click for more info.

ShopHQ Deal Chatter

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Re: ShopHQ Deal Chatter

Post by Miggyd87 »

Elkins45 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 am Wonder if the code works on their pre-owned Rolex? I’m too chicken to put a $12.5K watch in my cart to find out.
The 35% code works. From $12.5k to $8,125.

Ask me how I know.... :D
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Turns out my cheap Glycine has a defective movement. It’s losing 3-4 hours per day somehow. Not sure if it's failing to wind or actually stopping. I wore it on a two mile walk yesterday so it should have gotten enough movement. It was correct at around 9pm the last time I looked at it but when I woke up around 4am it said 12:00. I noticed the same a couple of days ago but I had taken it off overnight and thought it might have not been sufficiently wound.

I guess now we know they they were so cheap. I will report back on the return process.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Late to the party but grabbed this little guy to be the new work watch.

ImageImage
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Elkins45 wrote:
I guess now we know they they were so cheap. I will report back on the return process.
maybe I'm misunderstanding. You think they may be selling them at this steep discount because they know they are defective?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Elkins45 wrote:Turns out my cheap Glycine has a defective movement. It’s losing 3-4 hours per day somehow. Not sure if it's failing to wind or actually stopping. I wore it on a two mile walk yesterday so it should have gotten enough movement. It was correct at around 9pm the last time I looked at it but when I woke up around 4am it said 12:00. I noticed the same a couple of days ago but I had taken it off overnight and thought it might have not been sufficiently wound.

Well, just to keep you focused on productive outcomes and not spinning wheels, if there is a problem, it’s not a planned thing. You may just have a problem with yours.

The only way to know what’s happening is wind the watch 100 times, hack it, set it to the exact second, set it upright for 24 hours, check it.

From there, you’ll know if it’s keeping time or not and can then investigate if there’s a power reserve or automatic winding problem.

Run it through it’s courses. You have time before you return it and you’ll definitely learn something from it. Look at the silver lining.

I’ve had this happen a couple of times and turns out it was my observation skills were lacking. I always wonder if that’s the case when I hear this because I’m not the type to just blow it observing something, so I know it happens to the best of us.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

whoagorgeous wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:44 pm Late to the party but grabbed this little guy to be the new work watch.

ImageImage
Sweet! I very nearly pulled the trigger on this one, myself. How big is your wrist, and how do you like the 36mm diver on it?
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm
Elkins45 wrote:Turns out my cheap Glycine has a defective movement. It’s losing 3-4 hours per day somehow. Not sure if it's failing to wind or actually stopping. I wore it on a two mile walk yesterday so it should have gotten enough movement. It was correct at around 9pm the last time I looked at it but when I woke up around 4am it said 12:00. I noticed the same a couple of days ago but I had taken it off overnight and thought it might have not been sufficiently wound.

Well, just to keep you focused on productive outcomes and not spinning wheels, if there is a problem, it’s not a planned thing. You may just have a problem with yours.

The only way to know what’s happening is wind the watch 100 times, hack it, set it to the exact second, set it upright for 24 hours, check it.

From there, you’ll know if it’s keeping time or not and can then investigate if there’s a power reserve or automatic winding problem.

Run it through it’s courses. You have time before you return it and you’ll definitely learn something from it. Look at the silver lining.

I’ve had this happen a couple of times and turns out it was my observation skills were lacking. I always wonder if that’s the case when I hear this because I’m not the type to just blow it observing something, so I know it happens to the best of us.
Nope, definitely defective. I fully wound it and took it off to take a shower. It was stopped when I picked it back up.
mplsabdullah wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:51 pm
Elkins45 wrote:
maybe I'm misunderstanding. You think they may be selling them at this steep discount because they know they are defective?

It was an attempt at humor.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Elkins45 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm

Elkins45 wrote:

It was an attempt at humor.[/quote]Normally I can pick up on humor. Unfortunately I've actually seen people make those sort of claims and mean it so I had to ask. Lol

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

ohhenry1 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:37 pm
whoagorgeous wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:44 pm Late to the party but grabbed this little guy to be the new work watch.

ImageImage
Sweet! I very nearly pulled the trigger on this one, myself. How big is your wrist, and how do you like the 36mm diver on it?
19cm

It’s my first 36 diver but initial impression are good. I like the sizing.
Robotaz
MoT Member

ShopHQ Deal Chatter

Post by Robotaz »

I wonder if this watch (which has a hilariously copied Christopher Ward logo, but that’s ok because Christopher Ward constantly changes logos) really is limited to 199.

I also wonder if the 821A is the updated, hacking version.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That's actually better than any of the Christopher Ward logos.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:That's actually better than any of the Christopher Ward logos.
LOL, quite possibly.
Halaku
MoT Member

ShopHQ Deal Chatter

Post by Halaku »

Seems like Jul35watch is also dead now .. hopefully some new code comes along soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Experimenting with the ShopHQ codes listed here, I found that AUGWATCH25 took 25% off the watch I had in my cart. I was experimenting with their advertised augwatch35 code which ShopHQ didn't recognize for me. Their advertised 30FORINVICTA did work for me: it took 30% off the $99+ Invicta I tested. I tried it with a couple non-Invicta watches and (as expected) it didn't work -- not even on a Glycine.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

BostonCharlie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:46 pmTheir advertised 30FORINVICTA did work for me: it took 30% off the $99+ Invicta I tested. I tried it with a couple non-Invicta watches and (as expected) it didn't work -- not even on a Glycine.
And there you have it. PROOF that Glycine has not become Invicta as a result of the latter's purchase of the former! :lol: