As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by BostonCharlie »

Elkins45 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:25 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:32 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:11 pm

Hmmm…food for thought. That actually doesn’t look all that bad.
So I am going to bump your own deal back at you, in case you haven't already bought it. $175 and was able to add to cart. IMO your MWC candidate above looks nicer -- however, does it have trit tubes at all 12 points on the dial, or only four? Hard to tell by that photo.

https://mwcwatches.com/products/mwc-p65 ... te-version

Judging by *most* of the photos, the case looks lighter than the bezel. If accurate, it would probably look less tactical sans bezel:

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I do wonder how well that PVD coating would hold up to having the bezel pried off, but this wouldn’t really be used as a dress watch so I suppose it really doesn’t matter all that much.
My doubts about what the case actually looks like are growing. The description for the above watch discusses its PVD in exactly the same terms as this non-date version (also half price), yet the non-date version's case is black like the bezel. If it were me I would try reaching out to them to clarify.

Their site is a mess. Here is a listing where some photos suggest a silver case (front) but some show a black case (side and back), yet the description says nothing about PVD coating or any kind of coating.

UPDATE: I received a prompt reply after messaging MWC: "You are correct that it is an error we have amended the text. Thanks for spotting it." This was in reference to the original watch in question, here, which as you can see no longer mentions black PVD.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:56 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:25 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:32 pm

So I am going to bump your own deal back at you, in case you haven't already bought it. $175 and was able to add to cart. IMO your MWC candidate above looks nicer -- however, does it have trit tubes at all 12 points on the dial, or only four? Hard to tell by that photo.

https://mwcwatches.com/products/mwc-p65 ... te-version

Judging by *most* of the photos, the case looks lighter than the bezel. If accurate, it would probably look less tactical sans bezel:

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I do wonder how well that PVD coating would hold up to having the bezel pried off, but this wouldn’t really be used as a dress watch so I suppose it really doesn’t matter all that much.
My doubts about what the case actually looks like are growing. The description for the above watch discusses its PVD in exactly the same terms as this non-date version (also half price), yet the non-date version's case is black like the bezel. If it were me I would try reaching out to them to clarify.

Their site is a mess. Here is a listing where some photos suggest a silver case (front) but some show a black case (side and back), yet the description says nothing about PVD coating or any kind of coating.

UPDATE: I received a prompt reply after messaging MWC: "You are correct that it is an error we have amended the text. Thanks for spotting it." This was in reference to the original watch in question, here, which as you can see no longer mentions black PVD.
I’m adding a follow up just in case anyone else is interested in one of these watches. I was poking around the MWC website and it somehow caused me to land on this website selling the same watches for a few dollars less: https://miltimepieces.com/

I ordered one of the display models (paid with PayPal just in case) and received this email this morning:
My colleague went to retrieve the watch, but found that unfortunately it's damaged when it was inspected we don't know if it happened while it was here or it was missed when it came in. We could either refund or alternatively I can provide you with the current model at the same price
So maybe I’m getting a new watch at the display price. Or maybe I’m getting a PayPal dispute. I should know in a week or so because she indicated that’s how long it would take to ship it to their US distributor and then on to me. I do notice MWC has listed the watch I originally ordered as OOS so that’s encouraging.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

DHL delivered my watch this afternoon. It's bare titanium, not PVD (which I like) and has a contract date of August 2022, so it appears they actually did what they said and sent me a new production watch at the sale price. So a big thumbs up for miltimepieces.com!

I'm really thinking about prying off that ugly bezel and seeing how it looks without it. Somebody stop me...
MWC - 1.jpeg
MWC - 1.jpeg (146.86 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Any help finding the best deal possible for the pink G Shock GMAS2100SK4A
would be greatly appreciated.

Got some other colors a while back for around $50 or $60 each so that may have spoiled me.

Thank you
GMA-S2100SK-4A.jpg
GMA-S2100SK-4A.jpg (128.85 KiB) Viewed 8158 times
Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited by mplsabdullah on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm Any help finding the best deal possible for the G Shock GMAS2100SK4A

Got some other colors a while back for around $50 or $60 each so that may have spoiled me.

Thank you
GMA-S2100SK-4A.jpg

Best I'm seeing is TicTacArea

https://www.tictacarea.com/en/casio-g-s ... 100sk-4aer
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm Any help finding the best deal possible for the pink G Shock GMAS2100SK4A

Thank you
GMA-S2100SK-4A.jpg

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:48 pm Any help finding the best deal possible for the pink G Shock GMAS2100SK4A

Thank you
GMA-S2100SK-4A.jpg

The LUXURY25 code provided by @CVP33 here takes it down to $90.74 incl. free shipping (to Texas, anyhow), tested. Their service might not be sterling, however, which matters more when gift shopping. From CVP's testimonial here: "I’ve purchased from this site - 2 g-shocks and 3 new Seiko models that no one was discounting. I did have to cancel a g-shock order after waiting two weeks for a shipping confirmation."

https://theluxurydirect.com/products/ca ... =f5cf86b9c
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Thanks everyone.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

More of a tactic, but a few deals to share. Assuming nearly everyone has a Prime Amazon account. Also assume that you all got a Prime CC, after all they are free and offer a 5% rebate on all Amazon purchases. I think a few folks on here already know this trick as I’ve seen sone warehouse deals posted. My models are all G-shocks as I suddenly have a love for them.

1) Create a wish list with all the models you want to buy.
2) Amazon will note any price changes and track them.
3) The best part is if one shows up in the Amazon Warehouse system, you will see it.
4) Finally, with the most liberal return policy on the planet……well what do you have to lose.

I’ve been able to buy some nice G-shocks for 50% OFF and even models listed as good, appear as new on inspection. Most issues are with the packaging and not the watch.

Examples:

GM5600B-1 Amazon $133, most stores $150-$200, AW = $99 minus 5% or $94 before tax

GWM5610-1 Amazon $105, most stores $150, AW = $72 net

DW5600E-1V Amazon $50, most stores $65-$75, AW = $34 net (this one hasn’t arrived so it may be a dog, but the price was right)

GW-M5610-1BJF-G Amazon $114, most stores $125-$150, AW $91 net
911CB011-AC9C-476D-8D00-AA232370C748.jpeg
15D36EB2-A427-4ECD-9713-FE35F40DEA76.jpeg
5A8338C6-6753-4390-95F2-C5E2022ADFB2.jpeg
3C796D6C-0EBF-439D-B3DB-D0B29094F145.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Well my $34 dollar cheapie arrived today. Listed as having minor blemishes front, back, top, bottom. As I suspected, the watch is perfect. There is however no packaging. No care as this one is going under the knife for a full metal conversion.
42263C06-D1FE-4ABC-BD41-C23123EF6055.jpeg
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I posted about this on WUS and thought I would ask here as well.
1448D4E1-6594-4DC4-88E0-6C2AF32A6624.jpeg

I really like this Rotary Canterbury and would like to find a somewhat affordable similar mechanical watch. Small seconds are less important to me than the gillouche dial, Roman numerals and Breguet hands. Suggestions from WUS include a Tissot LeLocle, Raymond Wail Maestro. Someone also suggested Limes Pharoh but it’s >$1k and therefore out of my price range.

Any others? I think I like the Raymond Weil the best of all the suggestions so far.
53CFB705-4577-47A5-B519-CD8F959FC7A1.jpeg
53CFB705-4577-47A5-B519-CD8F959FC7A1.jpeg (131.64 KiB) Viewed 7999 times
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:04 pm I posted about this on WUS and thought I would ask here as well.

I really like this Rotary Canterbury and would like to find a somewhat affordable similar mechanical watch. Small seconds are less important to me than the gillouche dial, Roman numerals and Breguet hands. Suggestions from WUS include a Tissot LeLocle, Raymond Wail Maestro. Someone also suggested Limes Pharoh but it’s >$1k and therefore out of my price range.

Any others? I think I like the Raymond Weil the best of all the suggestions so far.

Is the Rotary hard to find?
That would be the most affordable of the bunch
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

If you're cool with a moonphase and date pointer, check out Perpetual @Elkins45

https://www.perpetual-watch.com/pm.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:43 pm
Elkins45 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:04 pm I posted about this on WUS and thought I would ask here as well.

Is the Rotary hard to find?
That would be the most affordable of the bunch
That’s my Rotary in the photo. It’s quartz.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:27 pm
That’s my Rotary in the photo. It’s quartz.
That clears that up.
Thanks!
Click Icon To Contact Me