Did you know MoT's has a new review site?

Wristwatch Talk is where we will be posting reviews, news and other things, and we're inviting you to take part!

If you write reviews, or if you've ever wanted to, we'd love to host your submissions. It can be a new watch, an old watch, thoughts on the industry itself. Basically, anything watch related would be a great fit. All contributions and contributors are welcome.

Click here for more info!

Osprey Chronograph

An independant brand that focuses on nautical style, rugged performance and craftmanship.
http://www.seabornewatch.com

Moderator: SeaborneBrian

SeaborneBrian
Brand Rep

Osprey Chronograph

Post by SeaborneBrian » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:32 am

We just released the Seaborne Osprey Mecaquartz Chronograph! This is a colorful edition to our line that’s a great grab-and-go option. Members can use Cool20 for $20 off. As always, free domestic shipping. See our site at www.seaborneoutfitters.com for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author SeaborneBrian for the post (total 2):
TheJohnPwhoagorgeous
ManOnTime
Site Admin

Re: Osprey Chronograph

Post by ManOnTime » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:39 pm

Thanks for stopping by @SeaborneBrian.

What fun colors, and just in time for summer!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Osprey Chronograph

Post by Robotaz » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:21 pm

I apologize, as I went off the deep end long, long ago and cannot keep up with anything anymore, but didn’t you post here the Windward models I’m seeing on your site?

You have a very interesting company. For starting up, you’ve got a lot going on. I really like your watches, but what I find mos interesting is the American movement, the commitment to the coast, and just the level that you’re on with development for where you are in the game. It’s impressive, and I’ve only seen one other micro in recent years that’s close to as well-rounded.

Anyway, I love the aqua/red Windward. Beautiful watch. I bet the orange and blue ones sell better though. Just my $.02.

The Sea Venture. I have never seen this until today, which surprises me. Lots to like. The one thing out of all the details that grabs my attention most, is the way the bezel insert sits on the bezel and has the chamfered corner. Subtle, but important to make it have quality over the ocean of junky micros. It’s a sharp watch and I may just pick one up. I will say that if you could get a little deeper case brushing without buttering up the edges, it would really have a big impact on the overall feel. One question, do you pressure test them all, or just during development to confirm the 100M?

This Osprey. Interesting. I’m taking the best from some Christopher Ward vibes, with some Farer vibes. Very attractive and I would dare say modern over contemporary. You know what would really take the watch over the top? Sandwich subdials. They’re begging for it. But really attractive as they are.

Overall, you’re not just another micro. I wouldn’t inflate your ego with BS if it wasn’t the truth. Thanks for stopping by again and letting us know about your developments. And of course thank you for the generous discount offer to the members here.

I don’t believe in luck, so I’ll just say keep it up and you’ll meet your goals, whatever they may be.
SeaborneBrian
Brand Rep

Re: Osprey Chronograph

Post by SeaborneBrian » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:34 pm

Robotaz wrote:I apologize, as I went off the deep end long, long ago and cannot keep up with anything anymore, but didn’t you post here the Windward models I’m seeing on your site?

You have a very interesting company. For starting up, you’ve got a lot going on. I really like your watches, but what I find mos interesting is the American movement, the commitment to the coast, and just the level that you’re on with development for where you are in the game. It’s impressive, and I’ve only seen one other micro in recent years that’s close to as well-rounded.

Anyway, I love the aqua/red Windward. Beautiful watch. I bet the orange and blue ones sell better though. Just my $.02.

The Sea Venture. I have never seen this until today, which surprises me. Lots to like. The one thing out of all the details that grabs my attention most, is the way the bezel insert sits on the bezel and has the chamfered corner. Subtle, but important to make it have quality over the ocean of junky micros. It’s a sharp watch and I may just pick one up. I will say that if you could get a little deeper case brushing without buttering up the edges, it would really have a big impact on the overall feel. One question, do you pressure test them all, or just during development to confirm the 100M?

This Osprey. Interesting. I’m taking the best from some Christopher Ward vibes, with some Farer vibes. Very attractive and I would dare say modern over contemporary. You know what would really take the watch over the top? Sandwich subdials. They’re begging for it. But really attractive as they are.

Overall, you’re not just another micro. I wouldn’t inflate your ego with BS if it wasn’t the truth. Thanks for stopping by again and letting us know about your developments. And of course thank you for the generous discount offer to the members here.

I don’t believe in luck, so I’ll just say keep it up and you’ll meet your goals, whatever they may be.
Thanks so much for the kind words! In humbled and truly appreciate them.

The Windward is a bear of a project - I wanted them out for this Summer but more likely next. Building in the US with the quality I want for it plus the US movement just created a longer (and much more expensive) timeline. But we are making it for sure.

The Sea Venture really was a winner for us - especially the Sunrise and Sunset ones (orange!!). I likely will release a SV2 this or next year.

And the Osprey was just a personal project - I wanted a super colorful, toss it on watch for days I didn’t want to deal with my autos. It’s fun and gets a lot of great comments.

Keep up with us - a lot more to come!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author SeaborneBrian for the post:
TheJohnP