We're Moving!

Click for more info.

eBay Auctions - Seiko, Zodiac, Bulova, G-Shock, Ball

Have some eBay items for sale? List them here.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

eBay Auctions - Seiko, Zodiac, Bulova, G-Shock, Ball

Post by yinzburgher »

I have listed 8 watch auctions that will be ending about 10pm EST on Monday 12/16. All of the auctions started at $1 with no reserve. All 8 of the watches are brand new, unsized, unworn and the come with box and tags. Shipping within the United States only with USPS First Class shipping. I have not included real life pictures as all of the items are in brand new condition but please see the listings for stock photos/renderings. Feel free to PM me here or through my ebay account with any questions.

SEE ALL LISTINGS HERE

SELLER FEEDBACK HERE

List of Auctions:
- Zodiac Aerospace GMT ZO9401 Limited Edition
- Seiko SARB033
- Casio G-Shock Full Metal Square GMWB5000D-1
- Seiko Prospex SZSC005 Monster
- Seiko SARB035
- Seiko Prospex SZSC004 Sumo
- Ball Fireman Enterprise NM2188C-S5J-BK
- Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver 98C131 Limited Edition

And a Public Service Announcement - If you buy an item on ebay and you are happy with your purchase and the seller, please take 1 minute to leave a positive review. It helps. I have sold/auctioned many more watches than what you see at the link above, but many buyers don't leave feedback.
zoysiamo
MoT Member

Re: eBay Auctions - Seiko, Zodiac, Bulova, G-Shock, Ball

Post by zoysiamo »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 am I have listed 8 watch auctions that will be ending about 10pm EST on Monday 12/16. All of the auctions started at $1 with no reserve.
NAL (Not a Listing): Dang, that's a nice collection of watches! And they seem to be going for prices that might mean a decent small profit for you.

Do you find that having no reserve, $1 starting bid helps attract offers? Does it matter at all once the bidding gets closer to the average price of the item?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

zoysiamo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 am I have listed 8 watch auctions that will be ending about 10pm EST on Monday 12/16. All of the auctions started at $1 with no reserve.
NAL (Not a Listing): Dang, that's a nice collection of watches! And they seem to be going for prices that might mean a decent small profit for you.

Do you find that having no reserve, $1 starting bid helps attract offers? Does it matter at all once the bidding gets closer to the average price of the item?
Thanks. I'll give my short answer here and maybe elaborate in a new thread when I can. I typically have far better results when I set a $1 starting point with no reserve. Lower priced items get more eyeballs. People think "I may as well click on it....it's just a few dollars. Might as well bid.....It''s only at $12 at the moment. It IS a pretty cool watch. I'll just save it to see what it sells for." Next thing they know they're doing a little research and googling wristshots, etc. So more eyeballs = more clicks = more "watchers" = more bidders = more people with a perceived vested interest when that item gets closer to it's final selling price. More people that wanna "win" and sometimes more importantly don't wanna "lose". FOMO is real on ebay. I don't have any data.....it's all anecdotal. But I've noticed that if, for example, a Seiko Turtle usually auctions for $255, a NR auction starting at $1 attracts more interest (views, bids) than one that starts at $200 and has a $245 reserve. In fact, often the reserve price for the second example is never reached bc bidders don't know how far up they need to bid to reach the reserve.....so they just give up on that item. They might as well focus on the one that they know is within reach bc it has no reserve. Also, while more bidders is great and helps raise the final selling price to some degree, all you really need is two determined bidders to really drive the price up. :geek:
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

yinzburgher wrote:
zoysiamo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Thanks. I'll give my short answer here and maybe elaborate in a new thread when I can. I typically have far better results when I set a $1 starting point with no reserve. Lower priced items get more eyeballs. People think "I may as well click on it....it's just a few dollars. Might as well bid.....It''s only at $12 at the moment. It IS a pretty cool watch. I'll just save it to see what it sells for." Next thing they know they're doing a little research and googling wristshots, etc. So more eyeballs = more clicks = more "watchers" = more bidders = more people with a perceived vested interest when that item gets closer to it's final selling price. More people that wanna "win" and sometimes more importantly don't wanna "lose". FOMO is real on ebay. I don't have any data.....it's all anecdotal. But I've noticed that if, for example, a Seiko Turtle usually auctions for $255, a NR auction starting at $1 attracts more interest (views, bids) than one that starts at $200 and has a $245 reserve. In fact, often the reserve price for the second example is never reached bc bidders don't know how far up they need to bid to reach the reserve.....so they just give up on that item. They might as well focus on the one that they know is within reach bc it has no reserve. Also, while more bidders is great and helps raise the final selling price to some degree, all you really need is two determined bidders to really drive the price up. :geek:
Thanks for sharing this! I personally would definitely be interested in a thread discussing eBay tactics.
Living a comeback montage.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

All auctions end tonight.

LINK HERE
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm Image

LINK HERE
Forgot to check back on some of your watches to see how they finished. How did you end up? Happy with sales?
Insta me: bbrou33
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:00 am
yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm Image

LINK HERE
Forgot to check back on some of your watches to see how they finished. How did you end up? Happy with sales?
Thanks for asking. Maybe not quite as well as I hoped but not too bad overall. The Aerospace went for $2135. I thought it might hit $2300 but $2135 isn't shabby. The Bulova went for $837. SARB033 for $345. Sumo for $535. Those 3 were about what I expected. G-Shock just a little less than I thought at $395.....pretty close to normal though. The Ball only went for $590. I thought that might be up over $700. That's a super high-quality watch to go for only $590. And last, somebody got a smokin' deal on the Jade Monster for only $440. I posted the auctions here and on WUS so I'm really surprised no one bid higher than that. And lastly the SARB035 didn't sell. Too long to fully explain here but there is a certain kind of ebay bidder that is like a child and just bids up super high so nobody else can have it. So they win the auction but then they don't pay. Ebay's policies always favor the buyer so they never get removed and they are able to remain on the platform and keep doing this. If you give them negative feedback, you lose your "final value fees." But in the end I did pretty well because I had a seller coupon from ebay that capped my final value fees at $10 per transaction for up to 10 items. So under normal circumstances, ebay would have charged me 10% or $213.50 for auctioning or selling that Aerospace. In this case the fee was only $10. It's worth keeping an eye on your ebay messages for those offers. Most of them aren't quite that good though.