We're Moving!

Click for more info.

8926 dial size

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
CigarCity
MoT Member

8926 dial size

Post by CigarCity »

Does anyone know the dial size for the Invicta 8926?

I’m going to buy some parts (case, dial, hands and an NH35) from aliexpress and take a SWAG at putting together a watch. Years ago I bought a $50 invicta to mod and never got around to playing with it. It wasn’t the 8926 ( it was the scallop bezel with the coke insert, but if I recall it was the same size as the 8926). Anyway, since I am ordering parts for the build I figured I would throw in an extra dial to the order and finally(maybe) mod the Invicta.

I did a quick Google search, but figured one of you guys would know this. I recall there was a VERY LONG thread over on WUS about mods but the dial size just isn’t jumping out at me.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: 8926 dial size

Post by MoT »

It's been a few years since I put one together, but if I recall it is 28.5mm, and remember to get a 4:00 crown one so you don't have to mess around with clipping feet and using dial dots.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Can confirm it is a 28.5mm dial size, [mention]CigarCity[/mention]
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 am It's been a few years since I put one together, but if I recall it is 28.5mm, and remember to get a 4:00 crown one so you don't have to mess around with clipping feet and using dial dots.
I think you are getting this confused with the SKX and 4:00 crown for the dial. The Invicta would need a 3:00 crown, unless I've somehow confused the two.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I am way late to the party here, but can confirm that the stock dial size is 28.5mm, however, the 8926 can accommodate at least a 29mm dial.

That said, if you are going for a build from scratch, there is a couple really great case options on AliX and ebay that NH movements drop right into, and you dont have to worry about removing the Invicta tramp stamp.

Here is the vintage 5513 case with friction bezel, drilled lugs, your choice of bezel insert and plexi- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Stee ... 2749.l2649

There is also a new 5 digit case with sapphire on Ali that I could find if interested.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk