We're Moving!

Click for more info.

How to: Remove and reinstall an Invicta 8926 bezel

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

How to: Remove and reinstall an Invicta 8926 bezel

Post by Dub Rubb »

While Seiko and Vostok bezels can be removed easily with a little pry from a case knife, the 8926 is an entirely different animal. Thankfully a great guy over on WUS (and maker of aftermarket bezels) put together a few videos on the process. I just did my 4th invicta mod today, and still had to reference it lol. 30 minutes of fumbling around solved in 2 minutes.

Also, I have found that if you plan on reusing the stock insert, it is easiest to pop the crystal out first and access the insert from the inside. But That's just me.

*I have no affiliation with Dave Murphy or Murphy Manufacturing. I have just found him to be very helpful both via email and his videos. And he is just a pretty cool dude with some sweet mods.

https://murphymanufacturing.com/8926_install.html

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: How to: Remove and reinstall an Invicta 8926 bezel

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:While Seiko and Vostok bezels can be removed easily with a little pry from a case knife, the 8926 is an entirely different animal. Thankfully a great guy over on WUS (and maker of aftermarket bezels) put together a few videos on the process. I just did my 4th invicta mod today, and still had to reference it lol. 30 minutes of fumbling around solved in 2 minutes.

Also, I have found that if you plan on reusing the stock insert, it is easiest to pop the crystal out first and access the insert from the inside. But That's just me.

*I have no affiliation with Dave Murphy or Murphy Manufacturing. I have just found him to be very helpful both via email and his videos. And he is just a pretty cool dude with some sweet mods.

I have to say that everything he puts out, tutorials, products, advice, etc, is top notch high quality stuff.
I've referenced his videos several times

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Re: How to: Remove and reinstall an Invicta 8926 bezel

Post by EA-Sports »

Dub Rubb wrote:While Seiko and Vostok bezels can be removed easily with a little pry from a case knife, the 8926 is an entirely different animal. Thankfully a great guy over on WUS (and maker of aftermarket bezels) put together a few videos on the process. I just did my 4th invicta mod today, and still had to reference it lol. 30 minutes of fumbling around solved in 2 minutes.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread but do you have a recommendation for a case knife I can use for SRPC/Turtle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk