We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Routine Maintenance and Repairs--Where?

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

I currently live in Houston and have no idea where to go for routine maintenance or repairs. Do most people try to find a local place? Or mail their watches away for service? To be clear, I'm talking about automatic watch service and not something like a battery replacement. I'm also curious how often people get their watches serviced and how much it costs.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I wouldn’t really worry about where you are. I’d research the best places and mail it.

I sent a vintage Bulova diver of my grandfather’s here after a lot of research and was very impressed by what I got for the price. It’s just one of multiple places you’ll find out about on the forums.

Jordan is a total watch nut you can trust. But keep looking around and find someone you trust and I’m sure you’ll be happy. Just find someone who loves watches.

https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watch-s ... epair-form
BruceR
MoT Member

Re: Routine Maintenance and Repairs--Where?

Post by BruceR »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 pm I wouldn’t really worry about where you are. I’d research the best places and mail it.

I sent a vintage Bulova diver of my grandfather’s here after a lot of research and was very impressed by what I got for the price. It’s just one of multiple places you’ll find out about on the forums.

Jordan is a total watch nut you can trust. But keep looking around and find someone you trust and I’m sure you’ll be happy. Just find someone who loves watches.

https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watch-s ... epair-form
Thank you for the response. Mailing it away seems like the way to go. Someone had recommended a place here in Houston, so I went there to check it out. It was filthy and disorganized.