We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Perhaps the best Timex / Todd Snyder Collab Watch to Date

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Perhaps the best Timex / Todd Snyder Collab Watch to Date

Post by Wolfsatz »

TS Maritime Sport 1 Mini Review

Let me begin to say that I am an avid Timex collector, harsh critiquer and at the same lover of the Timex brand. I have a few other Todd Snyder collaboration watches (Field Military) which are very good watches, but these are missing one key element of what makes a timex watch a Timex... Indiglo.

The Maritme Sport is as close as Timex has come in recent years of releasing the perfect watch. Timex like to always gives you good watches that look good, but always missing key components (dummy timing bezels, lack of Indiglo, or sometimes brass cases for premium price items). This watch addresses all of those shortfalls, and comes near the perfect watch, but also missing on some elements that could've been addressed relatively easy.

Let's go over the obvious Plusses on this ticker. For starters, it is a genuine Stainless Steel case (most timex are brass) with a good 60 click real timing bezel that functions well; protected crown and a very easy to wear 40mm size. The big highlight of this watch is the dial; Mr. Snyder got this one 100% right and just looks amazing. While it is maritime inspired, the dial follows the aesthetics of racing inspired watches. The day date function also gives it a extra plus and very functional with quick set (can change the date / day without stopping the watch). There is something about the red-orange hand that brings the dial all together.

For those that are concerned about loud timex's; this one being a SS case, can only be heard if you put your ear next to it. Not at all loud by Timex own standards, think Easy Reader, Scout or Weekender.

Now, lets go about why this watch comes just short of being the perfect Timex; and for most these may be minor issue; but as I stated earlier, as much as I love Timex, I have to point the obvious flaws or shortcomings.

To be considered a premium watch, the strap does not do the watch justice. Timex/Snyder banked on a cannot miss Bond Style Nato; which I would totally agree with, however, this is not a premium quality strap; not a bad one either, but does not compare to the Archive or Waterbury caliber straps. So, in my case, I immediately switched to a proper and very good quality Bond Nato which also suits the watch very well. With a minor degree of injury, the timing bezel is supposed to also be made of stainless steel, but it feels a bit off; functions as it should, looks good, but the actual feeling is missing the high mark. Lastly, and perhaps the most grievous for a $150 watch is that this piece is only rated at 30WR when you can get $40 100WR expeditions. This should've have the proper 100WR that goes with the price tag. However, considering that the watch has now enter 3rd party sellers at a discount, for a $55+ watch, the 30WR is just; but again missing on the high mark. The 30WR is plenty for the professional desk diver that most of us are; while still protecting the watch for most casual water activities

For the discounted price, the watch is a no brainer and is one of the best Todd Snyder collaboration watches in the last few years. I highly recommend the watch for you or as a gift which also comes in a very nice presentation box; in that respect, Todd Snyder does not go with the cheap timex carton boxes. So it makes for a very good gift.

I will provide an update after few days / weeks / months of wearing the MS-1.

ImageTS MS1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageTS MA1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageTS MÁS 1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Perhaps the best Timex / Todd Snyder Collab Watch to Date

Post by MoT »

Thank you for posting this. I generally loathe Todd Snyder, mostly for his loose interpretation of Timex history, but it's hard to argue with how good the watches look.

This one definitely looks like a winner.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: Perhaps the best Timex / Todd Snyder Collab Watch to Date

Post by Wolfsatz »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:52 am Thank you for posting this. I generally loathe Todd Snyder, mostly for his loose interpretation of Timex history, but it's hard to argue with how good the watches look.

This one definitely looks like a winner.
I agree with you. The new TS Milano is just a total ripoff.. he did not do anything new to the dial. But this one, he got it right!

Excuse the ripped jacket courtesy of a playful WGS

ImageTS MS1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen: