We're Moving!

Click for more info.

AS.V4-S ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Re: AS.V4-S ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF

Post by Conchita Turtle »

BruceR wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:49 pm Finally, the caseback is what I hoped it would be. That is, stunning. The pics say it all.

Back2Sm.PNG
Back1Sm.PNG

I’ll conclude by saying that at the moment I’m still in the honeymoon phase with this watch. It passed the initial sniff test and I’m really enjoying it, so no regrets. I will concede that if it were say 40mm instead of 43mm that it might appeal to a broader audience.
One of the things I like about "certain" watchmaking, is the artisan craftsmanship. Knowing that someone with a mastery, patiently, has been engraving that rotor, those bridges. And not using a large series caliber, painting a logo on the rotor, and we have the caliber (Brand) (XXX).

I seem to recall that, at least in the past,Maximilian Shlain from Berlin, who has also worked for the Schaumburg firm or makes small runs of watches of his own (I have one), is an engraver who has worked for Shorokhoff. He is possibly responsible for the work on your watch.

Also, Shorokoff was the importer of Poljot watches for Germany a few years ago. He created the firm "Poljot International", with higher qualities and presentations than the Russian counterparts.
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Re: AS.V4-S ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF

Post by sobwanhoser »

Very nice - a piece of wrist art - Enjoy!!