We're Moving!

Click for more info.

JB Champion\Forstner Bands(reboot version 2.0)

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
balcorn80
MoT Member

JB Champion\Forstner Bands(reboot version 2.0)

Post by balcorn80 »

I am almost always on a hunt… For cool vintage-looking bracelets. When I found the rebooted JB Champion\Forstner brand, I was pretty excited.
I was hesitant for a while, as this one was more than I wanted to pay for a bracelet. But really, it’s a great-feeling bracelet.

They offer a nice BOR style, a Bonklip style, a nice-looking springy riveted oyster-looking style, a Speedy flat-link style, and the woven astronaut-style Forstner.

I ordered an 18mm BOR, so I could file down the endlinks to 17.5mm to fit my KonTiki collection.

They are screw adjust rivet screw pins on the links, and it’s an interetesting setup that requires 2 screwdrivers. They also included two nice big fat springbars.

The clasp is, in my opinion the weakest link. It’s a vintage style pressed clasp. Which is fine. It just would have been nice to see a milled clasp for this kind of $$. I like that it has the JB logo, just like the originals. All in all, if you have that vintage piece that you need JUST the right bracelet for, this may be the bracelet for you.

Also a quick update on their customer service.

I recently placed another order for a few more bracelets. I got another BOR, a Forstner Komfit(astronaut) bracelet, and one of the rivet\stretch bracelets.

The stretch rivet one is too small for an 8" wrist, FYI.

I emailed them on a Saturday afternoon to ask about returning it and exchanging for another Forstner.
I woke up the next AM(mother's day no less)to 3 emails from Forstner: one acknowledging my email and request, one with a return shipping tag and one telling me my new order(the replacement Komfit) has been shipped.

Now I imagine if I violated rule #1\the golden rule and kept a bracelet that didn’t fit me, they’d find a way to charge me for the one sent out already. But I was impressed at their willingness to take care of their customer before recieving the returned product.

I love the Komfit. And I love their BOR. I dig it enough to have bought 2 of them(4 total from this outfit now), despite having other less expensive options. ImageImage

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: JB Champion\Forstner Bands(reboot version 2.0)

Post by Stretch44 »

[mention]Split-time[/mention] has the komfit with the straight and horned end link. He let me borrow it for a few weeks and I loved it on my Speedy. I have their flat link and love the extension/stretchy links. Although, I too wish it were a milled clasp.