Need Help Deciding.

MoT
Site Admin

Re: Need Help Deciding.

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:05 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm
Stretch44 wrote:
August 21st through SpeedSF. You're invited! Your A3 would be fun out there, the 2.0 Quattro is no slouch!
If I still had the ST on the extremely sticky rubber, I would for sure be in! The 3.2 is a bit nose heavy, and the all seasons would probably just piss me off [emoji23]. Car sounds great though! I am looking forward to needing new tires lol.

Now if I could just ensure the MKII wouldn't leak oil or overheat, that would be a riot. Someday though bud, someday.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Oh crap, I totally forgot the A3 Quattro was a 3.2 V6. I had a 1.8T FW A3, she was fun to drive and my first foray into Audi.

We almost signed up for Sears Point, but Laguna Seca is so much closer. Next time we'll get together... now I've just gotta decide on the watch I'll wear. I'm thinking my Hamilton Intra-matic.
I've been looking at TDI A3s. If I went that route, it would be getting a DPF and EGR delete as well as catless downpipe, straight exhaust (with just a resonator) and some APR goodies.

Oh yeah, and some better tires. I'm loving these Advan Sport A/S+ I put on the Fusion Energi.

(Maybe we need to start a car chat thread in General Discussion :lol: )
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm If I still had the ST on the extremely sticky rubber, I would for sure be in! The 3.2 is a bit nose heavy, and the all seasons would probably just piss me off [emoji23]. Car sounds great though! I am looking forward to needing new tires lol.

Now if I could just ensure the MKII wouldn't leak oil or overheat, that would be a riot. Someday though bud, someday.

Oh crap, I totally forgot the A3 Quattro was a 3.2 V6. I had a 1.8T FW A3, she was fun to drive and my first foray into Audi.

We almost signed up for Sears Point, but Laguna Seca is so much closer. Next time we'll get together... now I've just gotta decide on the watch I'll wear. I'm thinking my Hamilton Intra-matic.
I've been looking at TDI A3s. If I went that route, it would be getting a DPF and EGR delete as well as catless downpipe, straight exhaust (with just a resonator) and some APR goodies.

Oh yeah, and some better tires. I'm loving these Advan Sport A/S+ I put on the Fusion Energi.

(Maybe we need to start a car chat thread in General Discussion [emoji38] )
Ahhh, the Minnesota life. California makes your car basically un moddable. That said, just keep things reversible. My 16V has a full race header, intake and chipped ECU. But I have a test pipe, stock ECU and airbox that I have to put on every two years for smog testing.

And speaking of tires, these were my favorites that I owned aside from getting like 12K miles out of them[emoji23].

Lets start that car chat!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:44 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:18 pm If I still had the ST on the extremely sticky rubber, I would for sure be in! The 3.2 is a bit nose heavy, and the all seasons would probably just piss me off [emoji23]. Car sounds great though! I am looking forward to needing new tires lol.

(Maybe we need to start a car chat thread in General Discussion :lol: )
The thought crossed my mind that the subject might make for an interesting video chat, even if not officially MoT sanctioned. Like I said, my days are far behind so I'm just living vicariously though y'all and my Corvette collecting uncle. Had I not had a kid and volunteer so much, there is good chance that an old buddy and I would have tried our hand at the 24 hours of lemons. You read that correctly...it is endurance racing with $500 cars.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Leave your car stock.

Just prep the usual and invest in some quality sticky tires and brakes.

Enjoy the track. You'll get a feel for what you'll want to do AFTER.

Don't stress. Have AAA ready to tow. Lol.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:01 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Ahhh, the Minnesota life. California makes your car basically un moddable. That said, just keep things reversible. My 16V has a full race header, intake and chipped ECU. But I have a test pipe, stock ECU and airbox that I have to put on every two years for smog testing.

And speaking of tires, these were my favorites that I owned aside from getting like 12K miles out of them[emoji23].

We also have crappy fuel. Impossible to anything above 93. At least I can find E85. Has some started the car thread?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:28 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

We also have crappy fuel. Impossible to anything above 93. At least I can find E85. Has some started the car thread?
Yes, right here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1846
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
ManOnTime wrote:

Sears point will fill you up with 110 Sunoco!!! And everything in between. Ask me how I know [emoji6]

Rixsler86
MoT Member

Post by Rixsler86 »

Gotta go Junghans. That gap between the case and the leather is just too much.
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Rixsler86 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm Gotta go Junghans. That gap between the case and the leather is just too much.
Thanks for ruining the Hamilton for me... :shock:
Rixsler86
MoT Member

Post by Rixsler86 »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Rixsler86 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm Gotta go Junghans. That gap between the case and the leather is just too much.
Thanks for ruining the Hamilton for me... :shock:
lol. Once you see it, it can't be unseen.
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG