Inner Circle Keychains?

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Inner Circle Keychains?

Post by Sporkboy »

Once I gain access to my 3D printer, I can put making these into the queue. Assuming there are no objections of course.
7D0757EF-CFBF-42A5-BE9F-64EFE0881BCD.png
7D0757EF-CFBF-42A5-BE9F-64EFE0881BCD.png (136.88 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Inner Circle Keychains?

Post by MoT »

I like the one on the right, the non-keychain. It could be a challenge coin given to Inner Circle members.

I could also investigate having them made out of metal.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am I like the one on the right, the non-keychain. It could be a challenge coin given to Inner Circle members.

If we re going to metal...how about a watch caseback in a common enough size to allow members to swap for stock on one of their watches?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

The idea of a challenge coin has popped into my head on more than on occasion. However, how likely is it for any of us to actually get together IRL? Is there a virtual use case for challenge coins?
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I will say that regardless of practical function, metal challenge coins would be badass and a nice token of thanks for supporters that subscribe for say 6 or 12 months.

These kind of things usually suffer from having MOQ issues and the initial outlay of cash can be considerable.

I will bring it up again because when you really want to rent a chainsaw, every problem looks as if it were made of wood... We could do PCB challenge coins. Not as durable as metal, but the MOQ issues basically melt away and that means the design can be iterative.

I think I just need to learn the damn process and order some custom boards.

Edit:
I am not the only crazy one out there. This has been done by the Chinese Radio Amateurs Club in 2016
CB03DB8C-EBAF-4EAB-B191-9FA1722493AB.jpeg
CB03DB8C-EBAF-4EAB-B191-9FA1722493AB.jpeg (181.37 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
US $5.51 8% Off | NEW CW Commemorative Coins Morse Code Commemorative Coins PCB Crafts PCB Creative Gifts Amateur Radio
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6UFcBY
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm I will say that regardless of practical function, metal challenge coins would be badass and a nice token of thanks for supporters that subscribe for say 6 or 12 months.

These kind of things usually suffer from having MOQ issues and the initial outlay of cash can be considerable.

I will bring it up again because when you really want to rent a chainsaw, every problem looks as if it were made of wood... We could do PCB challenge coins. Not as durable as metal, but the MOQ issues basically melt away and that means the design can be iterative.

I think I just need to learn the damn process and order some custom boards.

Edit:
I am not the only crazy one out there. This has been done by the Chinese Radio Amateurs Club in 2016
CB03DB8C-EBAF-4EAB-B191-9FA1722493AB.jpeg
US $5.51 8% Off | NEW CW Commemorative Coins Morse Code Commemorative Coins PCB Crafts PCB Creative Gifts Amateur Radio
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6UFcBY

If I decide I'd like to pursue a metal coin/medallion/whatever it's called, MOQ will be of no concern. I'll bear those costs if need be.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:I like the one on the right, the non-keychain. It could be a challenge coin given to Inner Circle members.

Or just glue a magnet on the back and stick it on your fridge or toolbox!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm
ManOnTime wrote:I like the one on the right, the non-keychain. It could be a challenge coin given to Inner Circle members.

I have a ton of RFID stickers. I could program them to take a person to this website once scanned with a phone.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:27 pm

I have a ton of RFID stickers. I could program them to take a person to this website once scanned with a phone.
I should be back in the office by mid July. If you want to program a few and send them my way, I could try making a little pocket in the print, pausing it midway, inserting the tag and then letting the print continue to seal it up. That would be pretty cool.

Edit: Metal challenge coins would be pretty classy if you ask me. I know that vendors like REJ and Rick of Cincinnati Watch Company would probably be really touched should the receive one.