We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by Robotaz »

AndyS wrote:Picked up the basic Walmart DW5600 from a deal posted here. Stuck it in a Ali Express sub $10 bezel and band. Only thing I don't like about the combo is the blue Illuminator text.

Might paint in the bezel text in black. Think that would look good.

Found myself wearing more OD Green than typical lately.
20220128_083319.jpg
Nice.

Is the backlight the only significant difference in the 5600 and the 5610?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am
AndyS wrote:Picked up the basic Walmart DW5600 from a deal posted here. Stuck it in a Ali Express sub $10 bezel and band. Only thing I don't like about the combo is the blue Illuminator text.

Might paint in the bezel text in black. Think that would look good.

Found myself wearing more OD Green than typical lately.

20220128_083319.jpg
Nice.

Is the backlight the only significant difference in the 5600 and the 5610?
G-Shock has kind of made a confusing mess of the "5610" number lately.

The older GWM5610 watches have solar and multiband 6 radios. There's a new version that changes the backlight type, but this model has been around for years.

Now they've started using 5610 numbers in the DW5610, which is basically like the DW5600's I think, but have two tone bezels in several color ways. AFAIK, they're the same otherwise. These have no solar or MB6.

Also note that if you want to swap out bezels, the GWM5610's are different than any of the 5600's. Sized slightly differently. The DW5610's seem to actually be compatible with 5600 bezels.
Square Compatibility Table.jpg
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Next time this rolls around I will post it in the HUISABH thread, but I wanted to test it first. I got the watches this week and it indeed worked.

Kohls is shipping the new GW-M5610U with the LED backlight from their usual GW-M5610 listing. Right now it's marked down to $119 plus an additional 15% off with code ENJOY15 for a net of $101.15. Not a bad deal.

However, this past week was their monthly mystery coupon promo, and I got a 40%. Many of the watches were regular price, but buy one get one 1/2 off. So at the regular price of $140, it was two watches for 210 less 40% or $126 total. That works out to $63 per watch for the new 5610U. Pretty smoking.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 am Next time this rolls around I will post it in the HUISABH thread, but I wanted to test it first. I got the watches this week and it indeed worked.

Kohls is shipping the new GW-M5610U with the LED backlight from their usual GW-M5610 listing. Right now it's marked down to $119 plus an additional 15% off with code ENJOY15 for a net of $101.15. Not a bad deal.

However, this past week was their monthly mystery coupon promo, and I got a 40%. Many of the watches were regular price, but buy one get one 1/2 off. So at the regular price of $140, it was two watches for 210 less 40% or $126 total. That works out to $63 per watch for the new 5610U. Pretty smoking.
Did you get two? If you're wanting to part with the second, I'm interested...
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am
Boourns wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 am Next time this rolls around I will post it in the HUISABH thread, but I wanted to test it first. I got the watches this week and it indeed worked.

I did, but unfortunately I already sold it. I kept one for myself, then sold the other new one and my old non-U version on Reddit. Essentially I upgraded my old one to a new one for free.

Next time it rolls around I will for sure post it in HUISABH. I had read Kohls were shipping the 5610Us but couldn't confirm it, so I didn't want to post the deal without being able to say which watch was shipped.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 am
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am

I did, but unfortunately I already sold it. I kept one for myself, then sold the other new one and my old non-U version on Reddit.

:mrgreen:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm
AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm After several days sitting in the window during our overcast/snowy/rainy weather, it's woken up?

Vincent Watch finally responded. Claimed my email went into Junk, but I also tried to message them on both FB and Wechat (serves as their "chat" on their website) with no response. They just told me to leave it in the light, which I was already doing.

I'll give it a couple more days in the sun and wear it to keep an eye on it. It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
And...it's dead again. Had a few days of it working. Left it in the window any time I wasn't wearing it. Somethings wrong.
Casio said since it was bought outside the US that I had to deal with the seller. I have what looks like a legit warranty card.

Vincent Watches asked me to check with Casio for warranty work first, but agreed to swap the watch for me. I contacted them back and told them what Casio said and that I needed them to send me a label to ship it back to them. They wanted me to Paypal them $80, which is more than 2/3 what the watch cost in the first place. I told them a big "NOPE".

I can feel a credit card disputed charge coming. I'm willing to work with them on maybe splitting shipping, but they're not even in the ballpark of fair.

If this continues going this way, I'm going consider posting all over G-shock sites what my experience was with them to warn others. They deleted my post on their own FB page when I initially couldn't get them to respond.

Sad thing is I think I can fix this watch. It's probably just a bad cell or a something causing it to not keep contact. Or maybe a connection to the solar cell not being good. It's probably a $20 fix at most. But I don't want to get into it until this is settled.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

AndyS wrote:
AndyS wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm
AndyS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm After several days sitting in the window during our overcast/snowy/rainy weather, it's woken up?

Vincent Watch finally responded. Claimed my email went into Junk, but I also tried to message them on both FB and Wechat (serves as their "chat" on their website) with no response. They just told me to leave it in the light, which I was already doing.

I'll give it a couple more days in the sun and wear it to keep an eye on it. It was weird that even under direct LED light that I didn't see any kind of charge indicator. It just took several days.
And...it's dead again. Had a few days of it working. Left it in the window any time I wasn't wearing it. Somethings wrong.
Casio said since it was bought outside the US that I had to deal with the seller. I have what looks like a legit warranty card.

Vincent Watches asked me to check with Casio for warranty work first, but agreed to swap the watch for me. I contacted them back and told them what Casio said and that I needed them to send me a label to ship it back to them. They wanted me to Paypal them $80, which is more than 2/3 what the watch cost in the first place. I told them a big "NOPE".

I can feel a credit card disputed charge coming. I'm willing to work with them on maybe splitting shipping, but they're not even in the ballpark of fair.

If this continues going this way, I'm going consider posting all over G-shock sites what my experience was with them to warn others. They deleted my post on their own FB page when I initially couldn't get them to respond.

Sad thing is I think I can fix this watch. It's probably just a bad cell or a something causing it to not keep contact. Or maybe a connection to the solar cell not being good. It's probably a $20 fix at most. But I don't want to get into it until this is settled.
They’re horrible and I hope your actions help take them down. They don’t deserve a business off the backs of watch enthusiasts.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Update on my GWB5600 saga with Vincent Watches. Casio USA said Vincent wasn't an authorized reseller, even internationally. I didn't get the feel that the phone rep really knew what they were talking about, so they may very well be authorized in Asia, but the US call reps can't confirm.

Contacted Vincent again. They agreed to swap the watch...if I paypal'd them an additional $80 to cover postage. :|

Looking it up on DHL, it would cost close to that. I really don't think I should have to pay anything, but I agreed to ship it via USPS if they covered return. Cost me $17 just to stop the time suck that it was to deal with this. They received the watch and responded that they'd ship it to Casio and get back with me. That wasn't really the deal. I need to check how long I have to get this resolved with Paypal before I can't dispute.

---------

I looked at this newish GA2100 and liked it, then realized in real life it might just be as unreadable as the blackout model.

I do like this other new colorway:

rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:53 pm Possible Poshmark used watch bargain. I was stalking this model for awhile. Data memory, solar, zulu strap. Looking worn, but somehow it strikes me as just broken in like a good pair of jeans. $40 + $7 S&H (might be free for new signups). After signing in you can ask questions or make an offer.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Casio-Gsho ... bdfeca17e3

SOLD :mrgreen:
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

rich_in_the_lou wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:22 am
BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:53 pm Possible Poshmark used watch bargain. I was stalking this model for awhile. Data memory, solar, zulu strap. Looking worn, but somehow it strikes me as just broken in like a good pair of jeans. $40 + $7 S&H (might be free for new signups). After signing in you can ask questions or make an offer.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Casio-Gsho ... bdfeca17e3

SOLD :mrgreen:
Aye yi yi! And for $25! I have started posting any interesting used g-shock listings I find on the used/private deal thread here.
CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

I guess this falls into the "other Casio's" category, . . . I don't wear it much, but put it on today

CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

My new (to me) Great White, . . .

CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

Great no-frills value, utility, dependability, durability and reliability in this one, . . . I guess that's really Casio's hallmark

CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

Simple, durable and functional, today