We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:Speaking of G-Central and multicolored watches, Casio is apparently putting together watches that look like products of the spare parts bin.
G-Shock is releasing the full metal GMW-B5000TR-9 in April 2021, featuring the titanium alloy brand TranTixxii. This all-new titanium alloy is the result of a six-year development with Nippon Steel Corporation. The alloy is twice as hard as pure titanium and offers the same lightweight, anticorrosive, and hypoallergenic properties. The hardness of this alloy also allows for a mirror finish comparable to stainless steel to be applied, and this is the first titanium G-Shock with a mirror finish.

Then this month they're releasing one I'll probably end up with eventually. A nice positive display GWB5600:

That top one should be called The Mismatch. I'm pretty open minded to new designs but that's what it looks like to me. The concept works in a patch quilt, for example, but it doesn't translate universally, certainly not in this model. Nevertheless, I'm sure some, a few, will find it attractive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:40 pm That top one should be called The Mismatch. I'm pretty open minded to new designs but that's what it looks like to me. The concept works in a patch quilt, for example, but it doesn't translate universally, certainly not in this model. Nevertheless, I'm sure some, a few, will find it attractive.

Design meeting:

Well, they bought the Tron thing for lots and lots of money. We thought that surely would not sell well because it actually hurts the eyes if you look at it too long. Got to step it up. What else have we got to test the limits of the fans?
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndyS wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:51 pm Speaking of G-Central and multicolored watches, Casio is apparently putting together watches that look like products of the spare parts bin.
G-Shock is releasing the full metal GMW-B5000TR-9 in April 2021, featuring the titanium alloy brand TranTixxii. This all-new titanium alloy is the result of a six-year development with Nippon Steel Corporation. The alloy is twice as hard as pure titanium and offers the same lightweight, anticorrosive, and hypoallergenic properties. The hardness of this alloy also allows for a mirror finish comparable to stainless steel to be applied, and this is the first titanium G-Shock with a mirror finish.
The watch for Golf Harlequin owners!

I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Blue.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Got some cheap bezel/band sets in from Ali Express and thought I'd play around:
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Fake, right? Can't find any record of a g7900 like this. The "sports" text at the top of the dial looks wrong, as does the whole case back.
Was looking at cheap watches for a spring replacement for my mod screw up.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324520461003
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

AndyS wrote:Fake, right? Can't find any record of a g7900 like this. The "sports" text at the top of the dial looks wrong, as does the whole case back.
Was looking at cheap watches for a spring replacement for my mod screw up.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324520461003
It doesn't say Casio anywhere on the watch

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

I’m in PNW area, my gwm5610 stopped syncing since last week, just curious if anyone had similar problems.

I was able to sync using the Clock Wave iOS app.
Last edited by dumpweed on Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

dumpweed wrote:I’m in Seattle area, my gwm5610 stopped syncing since last week, just curious if anyone had similar problems.

They are doing some upgrades to the signal or equipment. It should be completed by end of this month. This may be the reason, I haven't encountered any issues so far.

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

dumpweed wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:50 pm I’m in Seattle area, my gwm5610 stopped syncing since last week, just curious if anyone had similar problems.

I actually noticed yesterday my gwm5610 never sprang forward. I believe turning auto DST off then back on fixed it.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Got this thanks to a deal that was too good to pass up. At this point I am just glad it's in my possession as I had all but written it off thanks to a not so uncommon Ontrack off track derailment. Out for delivery at 08:04am, delivered at 11:05pm in mail room (I'm still looking for that mail room). I called Ontrack customer service the following day, lady didn't deny the hours, even though I have never seen delivery people out at that time. Most definitely not if they were out on the field at 8am, nevertheless, she did find a non existing mail room as a red flag along with absence of the delivery person's name. She called local warehouse to inquire, opened a claim and said they would check GPS tracking, was actually very understanding and helpful.

Lo and behold, two days after "delivery", a delivery person shows up saying the package had been delivered to the wrong address. All's well that ends well! By then I had started a claim with Tilly's that I immediately called back to close.

Tilly's finest packaging. Everything else was included.

G-Shocks finest negative display.

That's what lights are for.

I like it more than I thought I would. I still think it needs a smoked or dark blue transparent resin strap, maybe yellow (see below). Need to make some decision when I get the Mini Casioak about which to keep, let go, or go Casioak nuts.

There should be a sale coming up on the 24th. I'll wait and see.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... hweb201603_
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:26 pm Got this thanks to a deal that was too good to pass up. At this point I am just glad it's in my possession as I had all but written it off thanks to a not so uncommon Ontrack off track derailment. Out for delivery at 08:04am, delivered at 11:05pm in mail room (I'm still looking for that mail room). I called Ontrack customer service the following day, lady didn't deny the hours, even though I have never seen delivery people out at that time. Most definitely not if they were out on the field at 8am, nevertheless, she did find a non existing mail room as a red flag along with absence of the delivery person's name. She called local warehouse to inquire, opened a claim and said they would check GPS tracking, was actually very understanding and helpful.

Lo and behold, two days after "delivery", a delivery person shows up saying the package had been delivered to the wrong address. All's well that ends well! By then I had started a claim with Tilly's that I immediately called back to close.

I like it more than I thought I would. I still think it needs a smoked or dark blue transparent resin strap, maybe yellow (see below). Need to make some decision when I get the Mini Casioak about which to keep, let go, or go Casioak nuts.

Nice. Mine just got a delivery delay until tomorrow. I bought the cheap AliExpress clear set and suspect your point about the smoked strap will feel right to me as well. I'm going to experiment with dying my cheap AE set and decide if I keep the stock clear watch or not.

Got to pick up some Rit dye. Looked at Walmart last night and they only had the synthetic stuff which sounds like it might work, but all the vids I've seen show people using the standard stuff.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:26 pm Got this thanks to a deal that was too good to pass up. At this point I am just glad it's in my possession as I had all but written it off thanks to a not so uncommon Ontrack off track derailment. Out for delivery at 08:04am, delivered at 11:05pm in mail room (I'm still looking for that mail room). I called Ontrack customer service the following day, lady didn't deny the hours, even though I have never seen delivery people out at that time. Most definitely not if they were out on the field at 8am, nevertheless, she did find a non existing mail room as a red flag along with absence of the delivery person's name. She called local warehouse to inquire, opened a claim and said they would check GPS tracking, was actually very understanding and helpful.

Nice. Mine just got a delivery delay until tomorrow. I bought the cheap AliExpress clear set and suspect your point about the smoked strap will feel right to me as well. I'm going to experiment with dying my cheap AE set and decide if I keep the stock clear watch or not.

Got to pick up some Rit dye. Looked at Walmart last night and they only had the synthetic stuff which sounds like it might work, but all the vids I've seen show people using the standard stuff.
Keep us updated on the dying process, sounds very interesting.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Almost tempted to dye it navy and try it on the blue GA-2110. I like the blue color of the stock strap, but am not a fan of the contrasting yellowish gray on the bezel.
dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

Stumbled upon this video, do you know any other square has glowing numbers?

JDM Model: GW-M5610MW-7JF
Last edited by dumpweed on Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.