We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:37 pm
AndyS wrote:PetWatch, did you get tags on your watch from Tilly's? I also didn't get the foam, but they didn't send the tag, either.

BTW, looks like they're back in stock there if anybody else wants a watch with bad shipping :)
Checked again, no. Got correct manual, warranty card and this cut out instead of foam insert. Strange about tags, that's usually included.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I ordered a couple of these for at that $67 price from Amazon/Zappos, along with a blue one. None had tags and none had foam in the middle of the watch or a bag on the watch. Just the foam around the edge of the tin with the little round piece of thin foam in the lid.

Wonder if Casio is just changing it up to save money.
Got another one from that sale, same thing. A couple months ago I got a Casioak from Europe with traditional packaging. New US packaging?

CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

Wearing this one today, . . . . .

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Ali Express adapters and two piece NATO. Don't know that I'll wear it like this much, but it's not a bad look.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

GSW-H1000 using WearOS. $700. Hope they got a modern chip for the watch vs the Pro-Trek, which IIRC came out with the last gen chip from Qualcomm.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

So Gsyoku on Youtube is reporting that the clear GA-2100 is being discontinued already. Seems to like they're just going seasonal with some of these models like they've done with others for awhile.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:So Gsyoku on Youtube is reporting that the clear GA-2100 is being discontinued already. Seems to like they're just going seasonal with some of these models like they've done with others for awhile.

I like that, it's a good thing that helps to hold and increase product value if you get the "right" models.

They seem to be issuing limited production batches, of the Casioak in particular which along with the squares are the one's I follow, of unknown quantities, one after another. Keeps it interesting for us and incentivizes sales for them.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:43 pm
AndyS wrote:So Gsyoku on Youtube is reporting that the clear GA-2100 is being discontinued already. Seems to like they're just going seasonal with some of these models like they've done with others for awhile.

I like that, it's a good thing that helps to hold and increase product value if you get the "right" models.

They seem to be issuing limited production batches, of the Casioak in particular which along with the squares are the one's I follow, of unknown quantities, one after another. Keeps it interesting for us and incentivizes sales for them.

Tilly's just got some back in it seems.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:11 pm Well that happened quickly.

Used Rit Black for synthetics. Heated water to 200F on the stove and poured in dye until the water was black. Dropped in the band parts (minus buckle). Stirred them around for 2-3 minutes then removed and dipped and rinsed in clean water. Color was much darker than my goal.

The stuff I read and watched online for this type of Rit suggested about a 5 minute timing on the dye. It's obviously much faster.

There is some opacity left, but its pretty dark. Doesn't look bad, just not what I wanted. Will likely try again as soon as I can get another set.
Ran the band through the dishwasher last night to test durability in heat and soap. Can't tell the difference after, so it's going to hold up.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Hidden Coast series watches. Not really feeling the GA-2100 colorways. They cancelled three good looking variants and brought these out? (All personal preference of course)

G-Central also confirmed the GA-2100 skeleton model is cancelled.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

At the rate that they're turning the Casioaks out it's all about change. Not bad, specially the blue. Well, because it's blue.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

PetWatch wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm At the rate that they're turning the Casioaks out it's all about change. Not bad, specially the blue. Well, because it's blue.

I love blue. My last two cars are pretty much that shade of cobalt blue. But that color in gel on that watch just isn't my cup of tea. It doesn't look as bad to me in the small shot there, but if you click into the article, the pic just doesn't do it for me.

I'm glad there are options out there for different tastes, but I wish they would keep some of the high selling models around a bit longer.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm At the rate that they're turning the Casioaks out it's all about change. Not bad, specially the blue. Well, because it's blue.

I love blue. My last two cars are pretty much that shade of cobalt blue. But that color in gel on that watch just isn't my cup of tea. It doesn't look as bad to me in the small shot there, but if you click into the article, the pic just doesn't do it for me.

I'm glad there are options out there for different tastes, but I wish they would keep some of the high selling models around a bit longer.
I like to see some real pics first, but for me, the negative display is what totally messed it up. You have a clear bezel begging for a matching positive display on this one. We'll see what's next, shouldn't have to wait too long.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Just got an email from Casio saying both the gray and blue earth tone GA-2110's are available again. So their cancellation as reported by GCentral and a couple of YouTube channels seems to have been exaggerated :)

GCentral still says they're out of production in Japan. So maybe this is last the last of the inventory?

EDIT: Sold out in a couple of days.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Skeleton version in black bezel. Like this better than the blacked out version from Casio. More visible.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »