We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Boourns »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:28 pm Good googly moogly.
Just visit this site, and have a napkin to wipe away the drool.

https://hybrismechanicacalibre185.jaege ... tre.com/en

Even the box is amazing:
A SIMPLE SETTINGMECHANISM
A two-position crown on the side of the box is used to first set the number of days that have elapsed since the watch was last worn. With the Quadriptyque set within the correction support frame, the box corrector crown can then be extended to its second position and wound to rapidly bring the watch to the current date for all calendar and astronomical indications. There is no risk of overcorrecting the watch or damaging the movement, since the entire process is controlled by the box corrector mechanism.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:28 pm Good googly moogly.
Just visit this site, and have a napkin to wipe away the drool.

https://hybrismechanicacalibre185.jaege ... tre.com/en

Saw this earlier this morning. Oh my would that be awesome to have. Gotta love price on request.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Farer has a new LE: https://farer.us11.list-manage.com/trac ... eebad3d13f (you need to have an account first).
Screenshot 2021-04-09 075626.png
And I think this variant is new: https://usd.farer.com/products/carnegie ... raph-sport
Screenshot 2021-04-09 075818.png
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Muehle has a new variant of the S.A.R. Rescue Timer! With a new strap it seems.

https://www.muehle-glashuette.de/uhr/s- ... extilband/
Screenshot 2021-04-09 083215.png
Screenshot 2021-04-09 083159.png
Screenshot 2021-04-09 083244.png
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

pdsf wrote:Farer has a new LE: https://farer.us11.list-manage.com/trac ... eebad3d13f (you need to have an account first).
Screenshot 2021-04-09 075626.png
And I think this variant is new: https://usd.farer.com/products/carnegie ... raph-sport
Screenshot 2021-04-09 075818.png
Maaan, I love their use of color! I do think I prefer the original Bernina with the white bezel, but still...
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Real-life reveal with measurements:

BB58 925 (okay this looks much better to me irl vs product shots ):

BB36 silver:

The new BB Chronos:
TCAL4404
MoT Member

Post by TCAL4404 »

those BB chrono's look so good
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

There is a new Ventura, which has the name "Elvis80 Skeleton", so that we join the name of the singer to the reserve of the caliber, and they will tell us that it is not a coincidence, but they commemorate and pay tribute to the... bah, who cares. We can always get some anniversary out of the King.

Don't go away yet, this would be the description of the Spanish website.
Go for boldness with the Ventura Elvis80 Skeleton, an ultra-modern tribute to the past, present and future of the world's first electric watch. It is the powerful evolution of a revolutionary timepiece; its precision skeletonized dial features a striking red zigzag in the center of the elegant triangular case with black/rose gold luminescent PVD coating (respectively). This bolt of energy pays homage to an iconic symbol of innovation and draws the eye to the automatic H-10-S movement underneath.
:shock:

Well, let's leave psychotropics in photos and description, and I put some photo with less "art", and where the watch is better seen....

Personally, and for once, I prefer the gold. I'm getting older... :roll:

The movement would be the H10-S, decorated version of the already known Pogüermatic, and already mounted on the Railroad Skeleton.

The official price here, 1700 euros. I suppose that soon will be cheaper, in the usual candy stores...
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Much like Accutron, annoys me to all ends when historically electric watches like the Ventura gets automatic movements in the reissues.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

And... a new strap from Hirsch, made of vine leaves. (!)

https://www.hirschthebracelet.com/es_en ... =Catalogue

In the description we are told that it is an animal-free, ecofriendly, sustainable, natural, renewable, and I guess with the seal of approval of Greta Thunberg. But I also find this....
We recommend wearing this exclusive model on special occasions only, being able to enjoy the beauty of the bracelet and its very unique surface, as long as possible!
Translated: "Look at me and don't touch me". And it's priced at 180 euros... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 pm Much like Accutron, annoys me to all ends when historically electric watches like the Ventura gets automatic movements in the reissues.

I don't see the problem there.

This would be the design made for the Ventura in 1956 by Richard Arbib, a well-known industrial designer.

I was mentioning him in this industrial designer watches thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1329&p=38988&hilit=arbib#p38988

A timeless design, still fresh.

But Hamilton has been launching for some time now new evolutions of what was the first electric watch, ironically with automatic movements, which are increasingly moving away from the timeless design of the first Ventura.

Image ImageImage

This would be my "favorite"... :? :? :?

...although to pay homage to the "Jailhouse rock" they should have made the bars vertical (that was the idea, right? :lol: ).
Last edited by Conchita Turtle on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 pm
I don't see the problem there.

This would be the design made for the Ventura in 1956 by Richard Arbib, a well-known industrial designer.

I was mentioning him in this industrial designer watches thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1329&p=38988&hilit=arbib#p38988

A timeless design, still fresh.

But Hamilton has been launching for some time now new evolutions of what was the first electric watch, ironically with automatic movements, which are increasingly moving away from the timeless design of the first Ventura.

But how much better would the Ventura be with a HAQ movement? Or the Longines VHP?

Or the new Accutrons with a Bulova precisionist movement?

Electric watch models/brands shouldn't be using mechanical movements in my opinion.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:46 pm But how much better would the Ventura be with a HAQ movement? Or the Longines VHP?

Electric watch models/brands shouldn't be using mechanical movements in my opinion.
In the case of the Hamilton and Accutron, I completely agree that they should have a state-of-the-art electric movement, produced by their parent companies. In the Hami, if Swatch is not interested in equipping the watch with the VHP, they can always put a Precidrive like those of certina. Besides, the Ventura does not have a cheap price.

Some might argue, I suppose, that both the original Ventura and the tuning fork Accutron were a type of electromechanical.But the only current electromechanical I can think of, after Swatch discontinued many years ago the unsuccessful Autoquartz, are the also not very successful Kinetic, which the Japanese are replacing them with solar, and the Spring Drive.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:46 pm But how much better would the Ventura be with a HAQ movement? Or the Longines VHP?

In the case of the Hamilton and Accutron, I completely agree that they should have a state-of-the-art electric movement, produced by their parent companies. In the Hami, if Swatch is not interested in equipping the watch with the VHP, they can always put a Precidrive like those of certina. Besides, the Ventura does not have a cheap price.

Some might argue, I suppose, that both the original Ventura and the tuning fork Accutron were a type of electromechanical.But the only current electromechanical I can think of, after Swatch discontinued many years ago the unsuccessful Autoquartz, are the also not very successful Kinetic, which the Japanese are replacing them with solar, and the Spring Drive.
I'll chime in with my comments.

Those electrics watches are in fact hybrid movements, they use a battery to power the movement but retain traditional moving parts. The tuning fork watches do not have any traditional moving parts, the only part said to move is a solid state tuning fork that vibrates through the application of an electric current, same process as a solid state quartz. I am excluding the gears that drive the hands that these all share in common.

I would have liked to have seen these watches remain true to their original qualities to a degree, that is evolving away from traditional mechanical movements but not all electronic/quartz.

There is at least another hybrid in production, the electrostatic movements that Accutron is using in the 2020 Spaceviews.

The Venturas are wonderful classic design for its age, that still look great.
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

PetWatch wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:24 am I'll chime in with my comments.

Those electrics watches are in fact hybrid movements, they use a battery to power the movement but retain traditional moving parts. The tuning fork watches do not have any traditional moving parts, the only part said to move is a solid state tuning fork that vibrates through the application of an electric current, same process as a solid state quartz. I am excluding the gears that drive the hands that these all share in common.

I would have liked to have seen these watches remain true to their original qualities to a degree, that is evolving away from traditional mechanical movements but not all electronic/quartz.

There is at least another hybrid in production, the electrostatic movements that Accutron is using in the 2020 Spaceviews.

The Venturas are wonderful classic design for its age, that still look great.
I didn't know that Spaceview, and it seems beautiful to me. The downside... €2,934.00 EUR.

As for the Ventura Classic, I also love it. ;)

But having said that, it was already expensive back in the day, but today it has gone through the roof with that almost 800 euros official price, almost double that of a Jazzmaster Thinline quartz (435EUR), which I imagine will have similar qualities and finishes, so we can imagine how much they charge per kilo of intangibles or icon.

PS: Here, with another asymmetrical classic of this forum... 8-)