We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Boourns »

Hope [mention]yinzburgher[/mention] doesn't mind me starting the thread for 2021! Can't wait to see what's coming.

Traska is opening preorders for the next batch of Summiteer (small improvements), Freedivers (now with Miyota 9 series), and a new watch, the Commuter. Preorders begin at Sunday, January 10th at 11:00am Eastern Time on Traska's website (traskawatch.com).

Here is the Commuter:
https://www.traskawatch.com/commuter/p/slate-black

Commuter is $565 and comes in the three colors shown above.
Freediver is $575 with steel bezel and $600 with ceramic and comes in gray, black, or mint green.
Summiteer is $550, and comes in the familiar blue, black, or sage green.
Pre-ordering on Jan. 10, gets you $50 off any of the watches.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pdsf
MoT Member

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by pdsf »

[mention]Boourns[/mention] thanks for starting the thread! The specs of the Commuter look rather good! Glad to see someone is following Lorier's footsteps and releasing a smaller/more discreet model.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

If those Commuter were a couple hundred cheaper, they'd absolutely be a SARB033 replacement.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Just got an email in their newsletter. RZE Resolute in Alpine White is available for preorder for $359

https://www.rzewatches.com/products/res ... pine-white
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Another new release of relatively smaller size - the LIMES NIGHTFLIGHT Limited Edition

From the email:

"The limited edition of the reintroduced, highly admired LIMES Nightflight offers a compact size of 37,8mm, being a perfect fit also for smaller wrists. Only available for a limited amount of early orders the watch includes a ETA 2824-2 TOP swiss made automatic movement. After this special offer the watch will be available with the standard version of the movement."

Black: https://www.limes-watches.com/aviator/3 ... edition-lb

White: https://www.limes-watches.com/aviator/3 ... edition-ls

While I don't always have a problem with 4:30 date window placement, I really wish they didn't do that here...
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I wish Limes didn't price it at €821.95 without VAT
Click Icon To Contact Me

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Boourns wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 am Traska is opening preorders for the next batch of Summiteer (small improvements), Freedivers (now with Miyota 9 series), and a new watch, the
Sadly, I flipped my Summiteer, sage dial. Its poorly-finished bracelet is not acceptable at the price and the dial is, meh , IMO.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:31 pm I wish Limes didn't price it at €821.95 without VAT
Why, oh why, is a no-date option not available?
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

tommy_boy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:11 pm
Boourns wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 am Traska is opening preorders for the next batch of Summiteer (small improvements), Freedivers (now with Miyota 9 series), and a new watch, the
Sadly, I flipped my Summiteer, sage dial. Its poorly-finished bracelet is not acceptable at the price and the dial is, meh , IMO.
That’s too bad. Sounds like they knew it needed work, though. The email I pulled the post from did mention that the lume, crystal, and bracelet on the Summiteers have been improved. I glossed over the details.

Here’s the paragraph with the specifics:
While the Summiteer is more or less its old self albeit with more BGW9 lume and an improved crystal and bracelet, the Freediver has truly been taken to the next level. We've forgone the old NH35/38 movement in favor of the superior Miyota 9 series movement shared by the rest of the TRASKA line-up, and completely revamped the case, crystal and bracelet for enhanced aesthetics and functionality.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Boourns wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm
That’s too bad. Sounds like they knew it needed work, though. The email I pulled the post from did mention that the lume, crystal, and bracelet on the Summiteers have been improved. I glossed over the details.

While the Summiteer is more or less its old self albeit with more BGW9 lume and an improved crystal and bracelet, the Freediver has truly been taken to the next level. We've forgone the old NH35/38 movement in favor of the superior Miyota 9 series movement shared by the rest of the TRASKA line-up, and completely revamped the case, crystal and bracelet for enhanced aesthetics and functionality.
Fine enough, and thanks :) , but he doesn't state how he improved the (kinda flimsy) bracelet. With appropriate motivation, I'd file/soften each edge of the bracelet's links. But the Summiteer package was not worth saving at that level of commitment, IMHO. I am no longer a Traska fan, obviously.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

tommy_boy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 pm
Boourns wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Fine enough, and thanks :) , but he doesn't state how he improved the (kinda flimsy) bracelet. With appropriate motivation, I'd file/soften each edge of the bracelet's links. But the Summiteer package was not worth saving at that level of commitment, IMHO. I am no longer a Traska fan, obviously.
I (and others, I’m sure) really appreciate your thoughts. I’ve never had a Traska, but they had been on my radar because (1) I like their looks, and (2) they seem to hold their value well, which I often consider given how often I flip stuff. I’ll for sure wait to hear feedback before I give them a try based on your experience.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

New Lip Himalaya Grand Reserve
Price is about $503.85

https://www.lip.fr/en/758-himalaya-40-m ... serve.html

The Himalayan model was born from a discussion between Fred Lip, a mountain enthusiast, and his friend Lionel Terray, a mountain guide. Maurice Herzog, friend of Fred Lip, also strongly contributed to the success of this watch. Maurice Herzog was the first mountaineer to climb Annapurna. The identity of this watch takes its origin from the mountain range which shelters the highest peaks in the world: HIMALAYA. Advertisements from 1959 declared that it had been chosen by nine out of ten of the “Greats” of mountaineering for its astonishing resistance to the elements and to shock.

Watch reference - 671587
Case - Stainless steel 316 L polished, diameter 40 mm
Back case - Exhibition
Dial - Dark grey, white numerals and hands, second white and red colour, day at 3 o'clock
Crystal - Sapphire
Strap - Smooth cowhide leather medium brown 20 mm
Buckle - Stainless steel tang
Movement - Automatic Miyota 8315
Waterproof - 50 meters
Warranty - 2 years
Made in France - Besançon
Click Icon To Contact Me

Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

Cross-posting from here: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/new- ... s.5265671/

New Seamaster 300 being released very soon. Small tweaks from the current generation. Now a blue in SS (previously was only in Ti) as well as black, sandwich dial including numerals, railmaster style crown, polished end links, folding first link, lollipop seconds hand, less text on the dial, Aluminium bezel now.

Still happy I went for the 39mm 57 trilogy version when I could.
2021 seamaster 1.jpeg
2021 seamaster 2.jpeg
2021 seamaster 3.jpeg
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:58 pm New Lip Himalaya Grand Reserve
Price is about $503.85

https://www.lip.fr/en/758-himalaya-40-m ... serve.html

The Himalayan model was born from a discussion between Fred Lip, a mountain enthusiast, and his friend Lionel Terray, a mountain guide. Maurice Herzog, friend of Fred Lip, also strongly contributed to the success of this watch. Maurice Herzog was the first mountaineer to climb Annapurna. The identity of this watch takes its origin from the mountain range which shelters the highest peaks in the world: HIMALAYA. Advertisements from 1959 declared that it had been chosen by nine out of ten of the “Greats” of mountaineering for its astonishing resistance to the elements and to shock.

Watch reference - 671587
Case - Stainless steel 316 L polished, diameter 40 mm
Back case - Exhibition
Dial - Dark grey, white numerals and hands, second white and red colour, day at 3 o'clock
Crystal - Sapphire
Strap - Smooth cowhide leather medium brown 20 mm
Buckle - Stainless steel tang
Movement - Automatic Miyota 8315
Waterproof - 50 meters
Warranty - 2 years
Made in France - Besançon
Be proud. You were an enabler today. :lol:

I did not get the Grand Reserve. Got the Lip Watch Himalaya 40mm Automatic 671586 white dial, which appears to be the older model. I could not tell any difference between it and the Grand Reserve in anything I was reading other than the 821A movement. TimeByMe had it for $445, and a 20% discount code, bringing it down to $356 shipped.

I'm hoping it looks as good as the Grand Reserve white dial in this YouTube video, as movements don't matter to me as long as the watch keeps decent time:
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

cel4145 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Be proud. You were an enabler today. :lol:

I did not get the Grand Reserve. Got the Lip Watch Himalaya 40mm Automatic 671586 white dial, which appears to be the older model. I could not tell any difference between it and the Grand Reserve in anything I was reading other than the 821A movement. TimeByMe had it for $445, and a 20% discount code, bringing it down to $356 shipped.

I'm hoping it looks as good as the Grand Reserve white dial in this YouTube video, as movements don't matter to me as long as the watch keeps decent time:
That is satisfying. Not going to lie.

I think the only difference is the Grand Reserve uses the Miyota 8315, which has a longer power reserve.
Click Icon To Contact Me