We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Rixsler86
MoT Member

Re: 2021 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Rixsler86 »

baldrick wrote:That is sharp. I like the bezel feature but from the video on their site it does seem like it's simply a case of pulling it off. Not sure that would give me too much comfort.

It's a great idea though - if the bezels are cheap enough it wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
They come off easily but feel real secure once popped on. The lip is in a place that will almost never get contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

baldrick wrote:It's a great idea though - if the bezels are cheap enough it wouldn't be an issue.
$160 [emoji28]
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

New collab between Lip and Marcel Livet, a maker of high end traditional wooden skis.
A historic collaboration on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Himalayan expedition of 1951.

MARCEL LIVET and LIP are linked by their history around the 3rd French expedition to the Himalayas. LIP was the official supplier of the expedition, providing each climber with a valuable watch before departure. Marcel Livet one of the members of the Himalayan committee and the organizers of the expedition for the French Alpine Club.

Passionate about this history, we are very proud to offer you a historical reproduction inspired by the watch that accompanied the mountaineers, available as a quartz or automatic version.

Available either directly through Lip or Marcel Livet.

Lip x Marcel Livet Himalaya 40mm quartz
Price is around $279.42

https://www.lip.fr/en/801-himalaya-40-m ... livet.html
https://www.marcel-livet.fr/boutique/en ... -1951.html

Lip x Marcel Livet Himalaya 40mm Auto
Price is around $616.06

https://www.lip.fr/en/800-himalaya-40-m ... livet.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 pm New collab between Lip and Marcel Livet, a maker of high end traditional wooden skis.
A historic collaboration on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Himalayan expedition of 1951.

MARCEL LIVET and LIP are linked by their history around the 3rd French expedition to the Himalayas. LIP was the official supplier of the expedition, providing each climber with a valuable watch before departure. Marcel Livet one of the members of the Himalayan committee and the organizers of the expedition for the French Alpine Club.

Passionate about this history, we are very proud to offer you a historical reproduction inspired by the watch that accompanied the mountaineers, available as a quartz or automatic version.

Available either directly through Lip or Marcel Livet.

Lip x Marcel Livet Himalaya 40mm quartz
Price is around $279.42

https://www.lip.fr/en/801-himalaya-40-m ... livet.html

Lip x Marcel Livet Himalaya 40mm Auto
Price is around $616.06

https://www.lip.fr/en/800-himalaya-40-m ... livet.html

Holy crap that's beautiful. :shock:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

New limited edition (100 pieces) Stowa Partitio

https://www.stowa.de/en/partitio+blue+l ... g_14007751

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Raketa have released a new limited edition version of their iconic Copernicus featuring a dial made with aventurine and agate.

Price is 1,290€ without VAT (roughly $1,500)

https://raketa.com/w/en/product/raketa-copernicus-0280/

Ever since the brand “Raketa” was created in 1961 to celebrate the first manned space flight by the Russian cosmonaut Gagarin, the kosmos has always been a source of inspiration for Raketa’s watchmakers. It’s therefore no wonder that one of the most iconic Soviet Raketa watches was the “Copernicus” model: its design was entirely inspired by Copernicus’ revolutionary discovery in the 16th century that the sun lies at the centre of the solar system, and all the planets revolve around it - and not the other way round as had been thought up to then.

When Soviet Raketa designers created the Copernicus model, they had the following idea in mind: the big circle (minute hand) symbolises the Earth, and the intermediary circle (hour hand) symbolises Jupiter. Why? Because the Earth orbits the sun in 1 year and Jupiter in 12 years: exactly the same ratio as between the minute hand (big circle) that “orbits” the dial in 1 hour and the hour hand (intermediary circle) that “orbits” the dial in 12 hours. This “in-house” story was never made public during Soviet times. We decided to “officially” reveal it in connection with the release of this new limited edition of the Copernicus watch: it adds an interesting twist to this already very quirky watch.

This 300 piece limited edition is based on Raketa’s existing “Copernicus” model, with the following differences:
- The dial is made from two different stones: beautiful dark blue aventurine that looks so much like the dark sky sparkling with stars, and the round yellow agate which conveys so well the feeling of incandescence on the sun’s surface
- The second hand is represented by a circle (the smallest disk), opposed to the straight second hand in the standard collection
- Black PVD case
- Exhibition caseback
- The decoration of the automatic movement (entirely produced at the Raketa Watch Factory): stars and planets are engraved on the automatic bridge, the rotor has beautiful hand-made Neva waves and the movement is gold plated reminiscent of the color of the sun.

Specs:

- Movement: Calibre 2615
- Case: Stainless steel with black PVD
- Diameter: 40.5mm
- Lug to lug: 45mm
- Thickness: 16.55mm
- Lug width: 22mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Caseback: Mineral
- Dial: Semi precious stones: aventurine and yellow agate
- Water resistance: 5 ATM

Click Icon To Contact Me

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:18 am Raketa have released a new limited edition version of their iconic Copernicus featuring a dial made with aventurine and agate.

Price is 1,290€ without VAT (roughly $1,500)

https://raketa.com/w/en/product/raketa-copernicus-0280/

Ever since the brand “Raketa” was created in 1961 to celebrate the first manned space flight by the Russian cosmonaut Gagarin, the kosmos has always been a source of inspiration for Raketa’s watchmakers. It’s therefore no wonder that one of the most iconic Soviet Raketa watches was the “Copernicus” model: its design was entirely inspired by Copernicus’ revolutionary discovery in the 16th century that the sun lies at the centre of the solar system, and all the planets revolve around it - and not the other way round as had been thought up to then.

When Soviet Raketa designers created the Copernicus model, they had the following idea in mind: the big circle (minute hand) symbolises the Earth, and the intermediary circle (hour hand) symbolises Jupiter. Why? Because the Earth orbits the sun in 1 year and Jupiter in 12 years: exactly the same ratio as between the minute hand (big circle) that “orbits” the dial in 1 hour and the hour hand (intermediary circle) that “orbits” the dial in 12 hours. This “in-house” story was never made public during Soviet times. We decided to “officially” reveal it in connection with the release of this new limited edition of the Copernicus watch: it adds an interesting twist to this already very quirky watch.

This 300 piece limited edition is based on Raketa’s existing “Copernicus” model, with the following differences:
- The dial is made from two different stones: beautiful dark blue aventurine that looks so much like the dark sky sparkling with stars, and the round yellow agate which conveys so well the feeling of incandescence on the sun’s surface
- The second hand is represented by a circle (the smallest disk), opposed to the straight second hand in the standard collection
- Black PVD case
- Exhibition caseback
- The decoration of the automatic movement (entirely produced at the Raketa Watch Factory): stars and planets are engraved on the automatic bridge, the rotor has beautiful hand-made Neva waves and the movement is gold plated reminiscent of the color of the sun.

Specs:

- Movement: Calibre 2615
- Case: Stainless steel with black PVD
- Diameter: 40.5mm
- Lug to lug: 45mm
- Thickness: 16.55mm
- Lug width: 22mm
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Caseback: Mineral
- Dial: Semi precious stones: aventurine and yellow agate
- Water resistance: 5 ATM

So you've already bought it, right?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Wanted to share this email. No links provided. Don't see this news on website. I admit that Makara's designs are not for everyone, but still admire the efforts.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Havaan Tuvali has introduced a new model in their Heritage 72 collection, the Dino.

(This new) model shares the same watchcase, but this is the only similarity between the two; the new model uses an automatic movement, an A.Schild 5103 automatic 21 jewels movement, circa 1975, and the caseback is now a see-though, this movement was originally used in vintage Swiss Ogival watches (logo still engraved on the rotor).

Price is $385

https://www.havaantuvali.com/product-pa ... lack-white

THE SPECS
~ Swiss A. Schild AS5103 automatic movement
~ Case diameter 36x39mm
~ Thickness 11mm
~ Handmade sandwich dial with Superluminova lume
~ Domed acrylic crystal
~ 18mm geniune leather band & stainless steel Milanese bracelet
~ 3atm/30m water resistance

Click Icon To Contact Me

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Orient Bambino is now available on bracelet.
Still thinking that Bambino- we can argue about model- is the best entry level dress watch all around.
https://www.orientwatchusa.com/collecti ... c0007l10a/
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Elshan just released some pictures and info about an upcoming automatic chronograph Zelos will be offering. Not sure on pricing yet, but here is the blurb: "Here's a sneak of the Starfighter, a bicompax chrono using the ETA 2894. The ETA allows the case to be super slim at only 11mm thick without the crystal. The side profile pic shows the huge difference compared to its predecessor, the ZX chrono.
My wrist is a skinny 6.2" and the Starfighter bracelet still sits well with the sharp taper on the endlinks. The full case and bracelet are hardened too in case anyone is worried about scratching the polished areas."
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.01.09 AM.png
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rabirnie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 am Elshan just released some pictures and info about an upcoming automatic chronograph Zelos will be offering. Not sure on pricing yet, but here is the blurb: "Here's a sneak of the Starfighter, a bicompax chrono using the ETA 2894. The ETA allows the case to be super slim at only 11mm thick without the crystal. The side profile pic shows the huge difference compared to its predecessor, the ZX chrono.
My wrist is a skinny 6.2" and the Starfighter bracelet still sits well with the sharp taper on the endlinks. The full case and bracelet are hardened too in case anyone is worried about scratching the polished areas."

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.01.09 AM.png
It looks really good and definitely less of a chonk than the predecessor. However, I can not stand deceptive wording like this:

"The ETA allows the case to be super slim at only 11mm thick without the crystal."

Zelos isn't the only one who does it, either. Come on man, just tell me the total thickness! It's still a hell of a lot less than previous.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

ManOnTime wrote:
Rabirnie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:03 am Elshan just released some pictures and info about an upcoming automatic chronograph Zelos will be offering. Not sure on pricing yet, but here is the blurb: "Here's a sneak of the Starfighter, a bicompax chrono using the ETA 2894. The ETA allows the case to be super slim at only 11mm thick without the crystal. The side profile pic shows the huge difference compared to its predecessor, the ZX chrono.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.00.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.01.09 AM.png
It looks really good and definitely less of a chonk than the predecessor. However, I can not stand deceptive wording like this:

"The ETA allows the case to be super slim at only 11mm thick without the crystal."

Zelos isn't the only one who does it, either. Come on man, just tell me the total thickness! It's still a hell of a lot less than previous.
Could not agree more! The phrase is running rampant in micros, mainstream, and youtubers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Swatch just released some fun Peanuts-themed models.

https://www.swatch.com/en-us/swatch-x-peanuts.html

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT