We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Monthly Watch Worn Tally Reporting

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: Monthly Watch Worn Tally Reporting

Post by Sussa »

Lots of one-time wears for me in February, with a handful of twice-worns. No surprise that the latest acquisition - the Ball Fireman Racer - is in the latter group. The Olympos, Oris 65 and Mido Multifort continue to be favorites, and sometimes I'm too lazy to change from my smartwatch on the weekends.
Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.41.18 AM.png
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

February was big month with moves. The Damasko was short lived and sold within a week of arriving. The SLA025 sold and that was a big decision to diversify from Seiko a bit more. The Seamaster arrived and boy howdy do I like it! Then I made the rare buying mistake. This doesnt happen to me very often. Even a watch like the Damasko that I sold quick I would not consider a mistake. I liked the watch a lot but ultimately couldnt get past the lime green second hand. But the watch is terrific. But this month for some unknown reason I bought the Wolbrook Mechaquartz Chrono. There is nothing wrong with the watch and the bracelet is actualy pretty good for an affordable watch. But the watch itself just does nothing for me. I dont love it or hate it. So it sits not having been worn. I will be selling that soon. Its been a long time since I made such a poor choice. Then the Scurfa had a surprising amount of wrist time this month.

-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
CDR_E
MoT Member

Post by CDR_E »

I don't have the 'puter ability to generate the fancy graphics, but I've been trying to wear a different watch every day. It's become kind of a ritual for me to switch each evening after dinner, . . . . today I'm on watch # 35 and still have maybe 13 or so to go, . . . *if* I keep up my daily switch routine. I find that some days I have no issue in changing to something else while on other days I'm more reluctant to take off whatever I'm wearing. I guess that, in and of itself, tells me something.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

March is complete!
Big time honeymoon with the Bulova Lone Eagle. That will very likely still be up on the list for April, as its fast become one of my favorites of all my vintage watches. The old Benrus got high marks as well, as the honeymoon with that one continues from February.
Screenshot 2022-04-04 143446.png
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Also I thought it was interesting to get a birds eye view of the quarter. All three months look pretty similar.
Q1 2022.png
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Happy to say that I have been keeping up on tracking my watches. Below is March, which is pretty much what I anticipated.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

March stats for me. I forgot to track a couple of days and few days of sick pets had me wearing my smartwatch so I wouldn't miss a call from the vet. No surprises here with new additions being the most favored.
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.43.25 PM.png
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

March was active again.

1. Sold the Tudor Ranger (@Boourns took it off my hands so it's still in the family). This was a huge sale for me since the Ranger was the second time around and was meant to be a keeper. I bought this one new for the warranty and bracelet. What a terrific design but I'm really more and more interested in fewer core pieces these days. You'll see what I mean next

2. Sold my SBGH273 Grand Seiko Four Seasons Fall. This was such a brilliant watch that I never wore so as I predicted last month it was finally going to move along. After 11 months with it never getting worn, I finally gave up.

3. Scurfa D1-500 nice enough watch with great build quality but sparked no joy

4. I sold my 1861 Speedy and bought a 3861 speedy. most people will never know the difference so I dont note it on the chart. But the speedy over the last 7 months has solidy become my favorite watch. So making the upgarde to the new movement and aesthetic improvements was worth it for me. Big gigantic sparks of joy here!

5. Yellow Nodus Avalon arrived and its a nice watch. Terrific color and build. Unlikely to stay past summer for me, if anyone is interested hit me up.

I'm considering selling my SLA017 after 5 years an making one final big move for the year. But I'm going to lock the 62MAS up in the vault for 3 months and see how it bodes for me.
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Stretch44 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:36 pm Happy to say that I have been keeping up on tracking my watches. Below is March, which is pretty much what I anticipated.
Wow, great watches and its nice to see you are wearing all the big one very equally!
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

More moves in April

1. SLA017 was sidelined and going under consideration for a sale
2. Nivada Grenchen Spider in and out quick. Beutiful watch but I would never wear it
3. Avalon II such a well built watch for the $$ and the yellow is more fun for me to photograph than wear. Im boring
4. Blue Gradient dial tuna came in. Sort of an impulse buy but I'm enjoying so far

Headed into May with only 4 watches that I own!

-- Enjoy your time
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Getting back to my usual variety for May, with the exception of the newcomer and collection darling Nomos Metro (worn 8 times) and my smartwatch that I'm sometimes too lazy to take off on weekends, everything was only worn once. It all makes for a very busy pie chart.
Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.18.38 AM.png
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Similar patterns for June with a few favorites being worn more than once. The Nomos Metro and Orises (Orii?) continue to lead the pack.
Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.04.10 AM.png
Looking at the first half of the year, here's the top 10 for days worn as a percent of days owned. I removed the one watch received in June because 1 day of wear was a significant percent of days owned. Everything purchased this year is in the top 10, which could be a "new shiny" effect or reflective of buying a few watches that I've had my eye on for a while and they are as good as expected. Probably a mix of both.
Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 10.09.43 AM.png
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Haha this is ultra watch nerd stuff. I love it!